Help me

Henn

how do I shut down my server for linux?

Hello, I created a server mta race and I forgot to add the user in acl administrator, now the server is turned on and I do not know turn off.

someone please pass me the command or teach me the revolver's this?

OS template

ubuntu-12.10-x86_64

How do you started the mta-server ?

Do you leave it alone and don't see the mta-server console?

If so, you may try the following:

open a shell on your sverver, where the mta-server runs.

try the following command:

ps a | grep mta-server

Your output may be:

1263 pts/2    Ssl+ 334:06 ./mta-server 
21105 pts/4    S+     0:00 grep mta-server 

look at the PID of the process ./mta-server , it's the number on the left side (1263 in this example)

you can kill the server with the following command:

kill 1263

Well this is the "hard" way, before you start it again, you should "screen" it, described at this post:

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=70474#p655824 <- read this :)

This runs your mta-server console at the background if you detach it and you can reattach the console later (described at the posting).

Hope, that helps :)

• MTA Team

so, you have it running in a detached screen i'm guessing or have at least backgrounded it.

If you are using screen to run it in the background, reattach the screen it is running on with the command 'screen -r' , once you see the server console you can issue the quit command.

If you simply backgrounded it you can either use the commands StifflersMom gave you (ps a | grep mta-server to find the pid and kill to kill it) or you could issue the following command: 'killall mta-server'.

If you use kill or killall on a server that is running in a detached screen session, please note that the screen session itself wil NOT terminate and keep on running idle in the background.