Apparently Admins Don't Like Being Shot?

I was playing on 10-player, and I shot a guy named ST-Cpt.Kirk.

My game crashed right after I shot him, and before I could get back in I got kicked.

I reconnected, went back into the game, and eventually killed ST-Cpy.Kirk.

I was banned about 5 seconds after killing him.

Coincidence? No.

I know the officials have appointed some more "helpful" admins to ban/kick, etc, on the server. But I don't think being banned for shooting someone is hardly deserved.

(They weren't spawn kills, they weren't even LAME kills by any means)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon what happened was that he was shooting at you while your game had crashed, and he thought you were using some kind of invincibility cheat, so he kicked you.

He was then annoyed that you joined immediately after being kicked, so he banned you because he thought you were a cheater.

The bugs in this game make it difficult to tell for sure if someone is cheating or not. Hopefully such issues will be sorted out in MTA 0.4

I'd agree with Jon completely, but this has happened to me too on a small RPG server. (Yes, I do play RPG the odd time. -,-)

Anyway, I spawned as a robber, apparently everyone else saw me as a cop, and I had cops chasing me. I shot two of them down, had someone say I was a traitor and got kicked, reconnected to explain myself, got laughed at by an admin before I had the chance to talk and was banned.

So it's either as Jon said, someone who suspected someone of cheating, or just a power-hungry kid.

FYI, I wasn't accused of cheating or anything, just for being, um, out of character I guess.

by :every exploit in the book" he probably meant you were pausing and such, but in reality, you were crashed. try to explain that to the person, a lot of the time people will hear you out. if not, find other good server

when it comes to servers like that, it reminds me of christmas vacation with chevy chase in the scene where his father lights up a stogy, you hear "FRRROOOSH"

"Dad, you burnt down my tree...!"

dad:"yeah, well it was an ugly tree anyway...I just put it out of it

s misery"

lol, basically if it's not worth playing with a little boy who happens to run a server, then don't worry about it :lol:

It was only one person it doesn't meen that all admins are like that.... Are they? Jk Jk Or they might just hate you ! Admins can do what they want probably 1 server you where kiked out there is likee one billion more !

Edited by Guest

I higly doubt that the reason you got banned is what you are telling us, and not everyone gets admin on the officials ( if its that your talking about) all of the admins are highly know to the comunnity or are the devs themselfs, so when they spot something they wont ban for something that was a bug, they all know the difference between a bug and cheats.

So what is more likelly is that you did cheat and was cuaght by a admin and they kicked you and now your looking for forgivness but are forgetting to say that you did cheat.

There is also a possibility that ( i dont know about official servers but some others have them) that if your a member of a clan/gang that is known to cheat that they have added the clan tag to the autokick/ban list.

I higly doubt that the reason you got banned is what you are telling us, and not everyone gets admin on the officials ( if its that your talking about) all of the admins are highly know to the comunnity or are the devs themselfs, so when they spot something they wont ban for something that was a bug, they all know the difference between a bug and cheats.

So what is more likelly is that you did cheat and was cuaght by a admin and they kicked you and now your looking for forgivness but are forgetting to say that you did cheat.

There is also a possibility that ( i dont know about official servers but some others have them) that if your a member of a clan/gang that is known to cheat that they have added the clan tag to the autokick/ban list.

1. Member of KFC.

2. He banned me for using exploits. (AKA: Killing him.)

3. If you think I cheat; discuss it with one of your "well-respected" admins, [TF]JoStud.

:D

I'd like to be unbanned. I enjoy the server very much.. Maybe a little too much obviously?

:shock:

i been playin MTA like 3 months, yet i know Sion (aka Utopia) doesnt cheat, Xenex has been here for god knows how long, yet, he dosnt know that...interesting :shock:

Im not saying he cheats or that he doesnt , im only stating the possibilities.

PS. i think even god forgot how long i have been here :P

well i spend enough time on the forum, lmao....try 1 hour b4 school 45 minutes IN school (CAD class ;) ) and like 3 hours after school...on WEEKDAYS...lol, u should see the weekends.....not saying i deserve it, but it would b most awesome 8) , lol, nvm, i hate it when mods lock my topics, doin it to everyone lse will cause hate issues, lol, but.....there is that sweet aqua nick color ;)

/me decides how far to go with this one...

I think u need to get out more m8 :P

EDIT: hahaha uve been on like 3 weeks and uve nearly reached my post count since 10th august lol

Hmmm.... I'm obviously not the avid forum browser, as I've just found this topic today. First of all, if this admin banned you after merely a few seconds of gameplay then there's no way he can tell a cheater from a lagger, and as I recall, his ping was 200+... The only way to tell for sure is to actually see them hacking (speed hacks/flying firetruck, etc.) or knock them down with a nade or shotgun. I do either of these, and will only ban after doing it repeatedly.

This "Captain Kirk" is someone I've not heard of, but did talk to that same night after IMed by Utopia/Sion. I don't know what went on in the server so I can't say that its right or wrong, but judging by what Sion says it sounds to me like our admins need to be a little more careful and not be so quick to the ban...