MTA:VC Or MTA Offhand.

Guest Xeroer

:? WTF! You cannot copyright something thats not yours! Without Rockster north what would mta be? Nothing, Rockstar North is the maker of GTA3 and VC, not you, so why do you copyright something that uses mem addresses of GTA3 and VC and scm editing. Its not yours to copyright... You think your so good too, god it dont take a genius to do this and stop dissing other mods that are better and stop dissing map mods etc. About 0.1% of the world use your mod thats it! So stop thinking your big! Whats this? You copyright something thats not yours? Oh this is great its using VC and GTA3 addresses to work? otherwise its crap? Well you got that right. And another thing thinking you can take legal actions on sources that use Rockster software is not a good move. Dont copyright something that should be made open source as its not yours to patient.

:arrow:

:!: Ive emailed Rockster north about MTA and they have never heard of it and do not like mem hacking of the gta-vc.exe or editing of the scm or even touching GTA3 or VC! You lied about your R reaction. Your not even 0.2% popular! Icant believe you lied about Rockster saying things about MTA your team sucks for telling the community lies! And stopping mods in MTA? What give you the right when its not yours to say no to. All you do is hack into the exe to see things happen you dont even need all the stuff your using! You suck if VC or GTA3 was not here MTA would not be here (well duh!) So stop thinking your the allmighty makers You wernt the first to make a mod either GGM was!

I think they know about it and are very exited about this great mod.

This mod is copyrighted by them, not the game itself, i guess. Otherwise there would have been legal consequences. :wink:

You will be banned soon, i guess.

so they don't like touching gta3 or vc, then why did they have a mod comp a whle ago? and if mta wasn't allowed, then why did they get the ok sign from r*? and if it's so easy to make, then why don't you make one? and you think they can't copyright their own netcode and stuff?

*votes for forum idiot*

Ok, I'm going to go through this sensibly and see what hes on about...

:? WTF! You cannot copyright something thats not yours!
What isn't ours? The code we write, the interface we use, the site we have - anything anyone creates is their copyright as its their intelectual property.
Without Rockster north what would mta be? Nothing, Rockstar North is the maker of GTA3 and VC, not you, so why do you copyright something that uses mem addresses of GTA3 and VC and scm editing.
As I said, we don't "copyright" the memory addresses and scm editing, we do it. Its the final product that is copyright.
Its not yours to copyright...
As I'm not quite sure what you're talking about here, i'll just say, yes, anything we create is copyrighted because its our intelectual property.
You think your so good too, god it dont take a genius to do this and stop dissing other mods that are better and stop dissing map mods etc.
I don't think anyone on the team is at all "big headed" about what they've helped create. We create it, we release it, I don't think anyone has ever said "wow, we're amazing!" about it, we let our fans do that! I think that we're very fair about other multiplayer mods (I assume thats what you're talking about). We've even got a stickied topic on the other mods forum for GTAT (another multiplayer mod), as well as that whole forum itself dedicted to such things. We only don't allow map mods because it destroys the game experience for other users. If we allowed everyone to easily run random maps, one person would see themself on a road, while to other people he might be underwater, or in mid air. Until we release improved cores, we can't provide the validation to ensure all users have the same vital files to ensure that everyone gets a good game experience.
About 0.1% of the world use your mod thats it!

Whooo! Random statistic time. Theres no way you can back this up. Out of interest 0.1% of the worlds population is about 6.4 million people. If we had an audience of that size, I think we would be very happy (and we'd have a lot more stupid mods like this to deal with).

So stop thinking your big!
Um... What?
Whats this?
Sounds like a rant so far, I haven't quite worked out why yet.
You copyright something thats not yours?
No
Oh this is great its using VC and GTA3 addresses to work?
Oh, so wait - Counter-Strike the most popular online game ever isn't copyrighted cause it uses half-life? GTA3/VC isn't copyrighted cause it uses another company's game engine?
otherwise its crap?
Well obviously it wouldn't exist. Duh. Its a mod for GTA3/VC, its like saying you're games crap because it relies on windows to work! Its all about layers, MTA being a layer ontop of GTA3/VC, GTA3/VC being a layer on top of the engine, the engine being a layer ontop of windows/directx.
Well you got that right.
I know!
And another thing thinking you can take legal actions on sources that use Rockster software is not a good move.
What? I don't remember MTA ever threatening legal action.
Dont copyright something that should be made open source as its not yours to patient.
Why should it be open source. Nothing should be open source unless the developers want it to. Imagine us making this open source, we'd have people like you coming along, doing changing "MTA" to "Xeroer's l33t GTA Mod" and voila everyone has their own mod, most wouldn't work with each other and the whole thing would end in tears. :cry:

:!:

Yeah!
Ive emailed Rockster north about MTA and they have never heard of it and do not like mem hacking of the gta-vc.exe or editing of the scm or even touching GTA3 or VC!
If you really thing R* have their head in the sand enough that they don't notice thats theres 300+ people playing GTA3/VC online at any one time and have been for the last year, you must be mad. We have spoken to R* and they have supported us to a certain extent. Whoever you emailed would have been in "customer relations" or somthing, probably based in another country. You can't expect customer relations to know anything about what R*'s programmers know. Memory hacking is not in any way illegal. R* may not like it (they haven't suggested anything of the sort) but all it is is changing the memory on your computer. That can't be in anyway covered by an EULA. Editing files that come with the game is also not covered by the EULA. The scm has been edited by many other people before. You talk about map mods and say we should support them, yet you critisize us for editing files. As to R* not wanting people to "even touch GTA3 or VC", I can't imagine thats good for sales if the end users can't touch the game.
You lied about your R reaction.
No we didn't, and why would we?
Your not even 0.2% popular!
Another random statistic! By the way Counter-strike has about 100,000 players (at any one time), thats about 0.001% of the world population - we must be beating CS!
Icant believe you lied about Rockster saying things about MTA your team sucks for telling the community lies!
Good, cause its not true.
And stopping mods in MTA? What give you the right when its not yours to say no to.
Because we make MTA, we have the right to do what we want. We could make all cars pink if we wanted, we could make everyones health decrease when they walked. We can do whatever we want - we might loose users, but thats our decision.
All you do is hack into the exe to see things happen you dont even need all the stuff your using!
Wait... One minute ago you were saying how bad we were for editing R*'s stuff, how they didn't like it, next your saying that you condone the hacking of our code....
You suck if VC or GTA3 was not here MTA would not be here (well duh!)
Ah, you realise you're stating the obvious! Good, the first step to sanity (only a few million more to go!)
So stop thinking your the allmighty makers
The almighty makers of MTA? We are.
You wernt the first to make a mod either GGM was!
Actually, you'll find MTA was the first mod (read the about/history sections on the main site.

I hope you realise you've actually written a load of crap. It'd be nice if you could point out why you've written this at some point, cause I can't see any reason, as you've gone against almost every single point you've stated.

You're a confused man.

eAi

Btw, getting off aol will move you up that staircase to sanity quite a lot, also your posts on the edgeforums shows you up even more...

Edited by Guest

Its illegal by the EULA to edit or mod anything unless the exe is running by the former quote you edit it when its not runnin and its illegal like scm editing. R* "We do not know what MTA is and we do not suppprt it" End of story get over it! You lost quit your baby crying.

EAI your quoting was crap you cannot copyright the MTA software when it uses Rockster North software to run or work. It is illegal as all you did was allow it to intercept scm mem addresses player addresses etc.

ok u really are retarded... why dont you try learning the legalities of this situation. They can be found in any copyright book in a library.

The point is that you are contradicting yourself... like EAI already said... does that mean GTAVC is not allowed to copyright its software because it is run within windows and uses drivers from other companies?????

Also, why are you picking a fight with people who arnt doing anything to you. All they did was make a mod that some people like and enjoy. They added a copyright to their netcode etc as they were the ones who wrote it. If you do not like MTA then leave...

no i think his story is a bit diffarent..

i think he played the game for a while, got beat up too many times, found a cheat, was banned from every server possible, walked into the forum to find out why isnt cheating allowed, found the R* reaction topic, pissed his pants in excitment, and came up with his dumb post.

logical enough?

Its illegal by the EULA to edit or mod anything unless the exe is running by the former quote you edit it when its not runnin and its illegal like scm editing. R* "We do not know what MTA is and we do not suppprt it" End of story get over it! You lost quit your baby crying.
How many times does it have to be said? It is not illegal to edit your computer's memory. Its your memory you can do what the hell you like with it. If you actually read what I wrote above, I said its unlikely that everyone in R* knows about MTA. "We do not know what MTA is and we do not suppprt it" is a classic "its nothing to do with us" quote, the same quote you'd get if you went and asked microsoft or anyone else. You can't expect some customer support guy to go round asking "anyone heard of this MTA thing?", they're just going to look down their list of possible questions, not find that and give u a generic reply. R* don't support us, obviously, just as Microsoft don't support third party software. We are doing nothing illegal, just as any mod (e.g. counter-strike on half-life) is doing nothing illegal.

Exactly what did I(we?) loose? I've certianly argued this point much more coherently and intelligently than you've even attempted to.

It is illegal as all you did was allow it to intercept scm mem addresses player addresses
You do realise that makes no sense... We allowed "it"... whats it? whats "mem addresses player addresses"?

I hope you realised the ammount of time, work and effort that goes into MTA, don't slag it off, and if you do, think about your argument first, and back it up with facts.

eAi

About 0.1% of the world use your mod thats it!

3.7+ million people and growing have visited this web site as of now. Was 1 million when I came here. So thats a LOT more people for about 6-8 months? Its going to get very popular and grow very fast I predict. Have 0.1% of the world playing your mod is quite in achievement in itself, so don't act like its some smalltime thing.

As for all your other crap, well eAi has straightened your ass out, so I won't bother.

Xeroer, does it make a damn either way!? Many people who normally wouldn't buy vice and gta3 just to play mta, lmfao. the mta devs don't even take donations, they make jack off this, and all you can do is bitch about copyright? You're in the same boat as that pathetic git who wants "under god" out of the pledge...I'm athiest and I don't care, I play MTA and I don't care lmao. Get a life, and get bent son. ;P

[...]All you do is hack into the exe to see things happen you dont even need all the stuff your using![...]

Yes, it should all be done with mirrors!!!1

Hilarious...

Anyway dude, it's obvious you lack even the most basic legal and technical knowledge around software issues and intellectual property, any sort of grasp on statistical world figures, cohesive expression and punctuation capacity, not to mention clarity of mind, temper and common sense (which BTW isn't all that common after all). As far as most of the things about MTA you said go, you were just guessing at best.

You know, I think Dragon's assumption is probably true. This guy musta tried to map mod in some MTA serv or something, got his dorky ass banned from everywhere and came here to throw his little tantrum and tell everyone they suck. Been there, seen it done (better) before...

Next.

EAI your quoting was crap you cannot copyright the MTA software when it uses Rockster North software to run or work. It is illegal as all you did was allow it to intercept scm mem addresses player addresses etc.

Hmmm, you are very wrong here. Like eai said, look at gta. It uses a game engine made by a different company, does that mean gtavc should be open source and that they cant copyright it? And does that mean R* cant do anything to the engine because they didnt create it? NO, THAT IS NOT RIGHT AT ALL. Obviously, you dont know jack shit. All software creators have the chance to copyright what they make, whether it be an instant messenger, or something based off a source code and created into something new. It doesnt matter if it uses somehting else. Oh, and by the way, if R* doesnt like people touching their game, stop playing it, because you touch the CD each itme you play it, and also, tell R* about http://www.gtaforums.com and all the other mod places on the net. THEY DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT SCM EDITING. And of course they dont support MTA, MTA IS AN UNOFFICIAL MOD. Jesus christ, what a god damn loser.