[HELP] Create shader

iPanda

Hi guys. I'm just starting to learn and shaders .FX files.

Could you please help me in creating a shader "reflection" or "palette".

To each texture was light reflection-shadow: A little light falling on texture. The example in the screenshot.

p.s. I know that there are some in the community for similar shader machines, but I have a few days to do them, but nothing happens. Help create a shader with nudya relying on those that already exist.

iDrbFABQ1jI.jpg

To each texture was light reflection-shadow: A little light falling on texture. The example in the screenshot.

p.s. I know that there are some in the community for similar shader machines, but I have a few days to do them, but nothing happens. Help create a shader with nudya relying on those that already exist.

iDrbFABQ1jI.jpg

I posted a reflection shader called golden_ped, which is a modified stock effect reflective bump from nvidia examples.

It's in your last topic afaik.

It's quite similar, you would need a diff cubebox tho.

iDrbFABQ1jI.jpg

I posted a reflection shader called golden_ped, which is a modified stock effect reflective bump from nvidia examples.

It's in your last topic afaik.

It's quite similar, you would need a diff cubebox tho.

Sorry, but I have no idea how to change golden_ped.zip: there's too much code .fx file, I can not understand it.

you don't need to change anything in the .fx file at all.

1.Look into the lua file and see how the effect is being applied

2.Change the texcube (.dds) file in textures folder to get more appropriate 'reflection'.

All in all you can apply this effect to anything

I almost got to make my shader. Screenshot.

gNwLNQU9X4I.jpg

But I have two problems and their solutions are two options, only one is correct:

1. Perhaps the problem with exceptions black white shader. Can you please suggest any code that I can add using engineRemoveShaderFromWorldTexture that machines did not change their color.

2. Possible problem with your resource "shader_car_paint." By default, the vehicle has blue-gray color. I need a red - scarlet, which has RGB (255,36,0)

Can you help me please.

1. If you are using to texture effect - Just download shader_tex_names from shader examples. Use it to get texture names of the machine objects. Other way you can get texture list:

table engineGetModelTextureNames( string modelId = "" )

for _,name in ipairs( engineGetModelTextureNames( "480" ) ) do

engineRemoveShaderFromWorldTexture(shader,name)

end

2.A screenshot comparison would be nice . "shader_car_paint" example has not been written by me. As any other resource on example page. There has been some issues with it - look for "shader_car_paint_fix" on community. Set the filmic pass and sky reflection to 0 if it interferes. I haven't noticed any major color issues (apart from issues with white - that was main fix).

1. If you are using to texture effect - Just download shader_tex_names from shader examples. Use it to get texture names of the machine objects. Other way you can get texture list:

table engineGetModelTextureNames( string modelId = "" )

for _,name in ipairs( engineGetModelTextureNames( "480" ) ) do

engineRemoveShaderFromWorldTexture(shader,name)

end

2.A screenshot comparison would be nice . "shader_car_paint" example has not been written by me. As any other resource on example page. There has been some issues with it - look for "shader_car_paint_fix" on community. Set the filmic pass and sky reflection to 0 if it interferes. I haven't noticed any major color issues (apart from issues with white - that was main fix).

Ren, thank you for everything! I succeeded. Here's a screenshot.

JGzpjgzwCVI.jpg

• 9 months later...