an idea to stop cheaters

Uno question, If I d/l some vehicle "skins" and replace the look of the vehicle than its not cheating right? I want to put some slick cars in there but I dont want to be a cheater.

there is no telling if these things are synced or what effect they have on gameplay. They introduce extra variables into the question of bugs and at this time MTA doesn't support these mods either. One day they may. Plus the CRC check should catch those mods too

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Why not just have the server initate the checking of MD5 Sums on client connect? Things liek the handling configuration file, as well as the client itself.

Whatever is done, I hope it is done quickly. This problem has gotten completely out of hand, and it should have been dealt with a long time ago.

I gave up on MTA for 5 months just because I kept running into cheaters(especialy the infamous $MrVercetti$) but then i got back into it when 0.3. Now i just hope that something was done to reduce the amount of cheating possible.

Whatever is done, I hope it is done quickly. This problem has gotten completely out of hand, and it should have been dealt with a long time ago.
You have to remember you're playing 0.3 beta, i'm sure you realise what a beta is, I just have to remind you, that anti-cheat isn't and shouldn't be #1 on our agenda, until we have a finished game, as making a fun game is more important than preventing people abusing it (no-one would play if it wasn't fun).

eAi

Yep, I completely agree. I always download the latest patches for games, but 9 times out of 10 I don't notice a difference and wonder why I bothered.

Other quotes by b0b0:

Installed at MTA 0.1, uninstalled at MTA 0.3. The large amount of cheaters and the MTA Team's lack of effort to stop them prompted me to uninstall the game. I still check back here to see if things have improved.
"there isn't enough room for memory addresses"

This has gotten rediculous. Why is the MTA Team making so many excuses and saying that some of these suggestions which seem possible are not? MAC Address banning, better anti-cheat, is it really so much to ask? And if it is, shouldn't the MTA Team be prepared to deal with these suggestions in a positive way? Multi Theft Auto has gotten very popular way too fast, and I don't know if the MTA Team is prepared to deal with this.

The concept of Multiplayer GTA was laughable prior to the release of the very first MTA version, and yet we now have a working mod. So why is the MTA Team telling us that so many things are impossible? Aren't they the ones that did the impossible? Why can't they do it again? I am very disappointed at how pessimistic some of the team members are being.

Either way, keep it together MTA Team and hang in there.

Interesting...

The cheating makes the game not fun. It isn't fun when someone warps across the map, guns you down with a minigun, and does it again immediately after you have respawned. It is even worse when this person is invincible. The worst part is this happens on every server. As you said so yourself, no one would play if it wasn't fun.

You must not have played in the last 6 months because that's the last time I saw a minigun.

Also,

Even thou cheaters are not gone I don't see them near as much as I hear ppl being accused of cheating.

Evidence that crime exists doesn't mean Police are not doing a good job stopping it... You don't see all of the cheaters they have stopped... I don't see that many anymore in the PartyServer.. not like it was at least.

Cheating is a lot less than when what you descibed was possible. I have a lot of fun playing this and I think everything that can be done to stop cheating has and will be done.

ive gotta say that since the introduction of my subnet warnings of banned ppl... it seems most of the ppl who cheat in my server are actually a group of about 8 ppl who change their name and ip (not mush though) every day, hence making ppl think there are a lot of cheats about...

Occassionally we get a new one in, but with all the admins these days hes banned in a few mins..

Basically i think the cheaters are starting to shy off well adminned servers.. certainly mine, i dont know about too many others, but ive definately seen an improvement :) compared to the 30 or so a day we were getting a month or 2 ago :(

The cheating makes the game not fun. It isn't fun when someone warps across the map, guns you down with a minigun, and does it again immediately after you have respawned. It is even worse when this person is invincible. The worst part is this happens on every server. As you said so yourself, no one would play if it wasn't fun.

I've never seen a minigun in MTA, and the bugs in the client make warping and invincibility difficult to prove. Cheating has lessened, but it didn't ever happen on every single server.

yeah, the minigun hack in 0.2.2 was, well, a low down dirty hack lol good riddance.

And of course as the amount of time .3 is out, the more time hackers have to, well, hack it. And as much as I hate cheating, I must say that overall cheating is at a low...used to be right before .3 came out, 1/3 of a server would be cheaters.

If that is the case, then I must have been playing an evil ripoff of MTA 0.3, because the miniguns still existed. I ran into at least two cheaters every time I played the game, and these were real cheaters; what they were doing was too bizarre to be considered bugs. Btw, this was not just my opinion because I often played with at least three other friends. Other players in the server were also complaining. On top of that, some players in the server were just plain stupid because they were asking people how to acquire the cheats.

If that is the case, then I must have been playing an evil ripoff of MTA 0.3, because the miniguns still existed.

Indeed you must, as it's impossible for anyone to have a minigum unless YOU also have a hacked around MTA. I guess if you insist you are seeing miniguns then you must in fact be a cheater yourself. Which kind of invalidates any opinions you have, about anything. In my opinion.

If that is the case, then I must have been playing an evil ripoff of MTA 0.3, because the miniguns still existed. I ran into at least two cheaters every time I played the game, and these were real cheaters; what they were doing was too bizarre to be considered bugs. Btw, this was not just my opinion because I often played with at least three other friends. Other players in the server were also complaining. On top of that, some players in the server were just plain stupid because they were asking people how to acquire the cheats.

Did you just play on the same servers every time?

maybe he is confused about which gun is the mini gun.

Perhaps he thought "mini gun" meant a small gun like a pistol :roll:

If that is the case, then I must have been playing an evil ripoff of MTA 0.3, because the miniguns still existed.

Indeed you must, as it's impossible for anyone to have a minigum unless YOU also have a hacked around MTA. I guess if you insist you are seeing miniguns then you must in fact be a cheater yourself. Which kind of invalidates any opinions you have, about anything. In my opinion.

Or maybe I'm just hallucinating :-P. I know what I saw. My Vice City and MTA installs are both vanilla. Obviously it is not impossible, as you say, because if that were so I would not be seeing ten people being killed by the same person in less than three seconds with a minigun.