Poll options maximum reduced?

lets see how many i can get  

6 members have voted

1. 1. lets see how many i can get

I don't know why this has been done, but is it really needed?

If nothing has been done then something is buggy. Proof?

Look in General MTA:VC forum for Kent's sticky "Where di d you hear about MTA?". Try to make a topic with that many poll options, it won't work. :( (Of course delete your post if you try ffs :P, or you can just take my word for it).

Just seems kinda... unnecessary? It killed a few of my ideas for topics that require some larger polls too. One great topic I made without the poll limiter: "What do press to get out of GTAVC/MTAVC when it crashes?" but alas, something like that can never happen again with this limter. :x

What kinda stupid reply is that?

Are you actually saying you deliberately lowered the max poll slots to 5 just cause that usually isn't an exceeded number?

How about you set a 1000 max chars per post limit too since most posts are less than that?

BTW this is only one of the things that makes no sense in this msg board...

What kinda stupid reply is that?

Are you actually saying you deliberately lowered the max poll slots to 5 just cause that usually isn't an exceeded number?

How about you set a 1000 max chars per post limit too since most posts are less than that?

BTW this is only one of the things that makes no sense in this msg board...

This is somehting i totally agree with. Lowering the poll options because not many people go over 5 is horrible. Some people would like to have more options for certain topics. And yes, this is just like moving posts to 1000 charcters only. Just because most people post under 1000, doesn't mean over that would be needed for certain things. With 1000 characters, i dont even think i could post my opinions right now. So, in other words, its just wrong to limit the poll options just because not many go over that. People don't abuse having more than 5 poll options, at least i've never seen it. There is absolutely no point in lowering the poll options.

Nobody deliberately limited them. Polls are overused, it seems to be a trend to put one with a post wether its relevant or not. The point stands that most VALID polls do not require more than 5 so it's not a big problem

And Prokopis. You need to get that chip off your shoulder. If you dislike it here so much perhaps its time to move on and take your primarily negative posts to another forum.

That doesn't make much sense bump, I mean you can't just always say "Don't like it? Leave." I mean if thats the case there might as well not even be a site/forum section, suggestions section, etc. and a nazi sign would fit in perfect over the mta forums logo then also.

That one topic about crashing I was talking about is here:

http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=5579&highlight=

It was a great topic and is a good example of why I hate the 5 options only limit. Almost all the options were used so they were necessary for that topic. Now that limit prevents something like that from being created again and I really don't think its needed.

I mean the worse thing someone could possibly do is make a crappy poll, but is it really that harmful? I mean the mods can just lock it or delete it if its a shitty poll if thats the issue.

I think 8 or 10 would be a good limit if any.

Well if thats truly the case I know exactly where to change it if someone would be so kind...

to an admin:

admin panel>general admin heading - configuration

then scroll down to "User and Forum Basic Settings" and its the first setting, "Max number of poll options"

I suppose theres no more that can be argued about this beyond this point.