MTA:mA Suggestions (Also v4.0)

Aeron

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Change the name of the server without shutdown?

:wink:

Not possible option for MTAMA.

Well I'm still hoping the gaps in the mtama player ID's when someone leaves to be fixed :)

The Player ID's in the mta client are wrong. My MTAMA is always rite :)

This thread is for suggestions for new MTAMA features. Please use the MTAMA Problems thread for bugs.

Suggestions example:

'How about a notes window for each server so i can write its name and max players etc?' (An old suggestion of mine implemented long ago)

ok here is an idea for u aeron... I admin about 6 servers, but i only use mtama for 1 of them. I would like to only run my script on one of the servers, but would like to connect to the other servers without running scripts that r running on other servers.

Let me know what you think.

cheers

Good idea Oli. It is of course possible to specify in the scripts.mrc which server each section runs on but its rather messy and takes a lot of work to then include it in another etc. So having the option built in to mtama would be excellent.

not sure if this has been mentioned before but I'd luv to see a game mode similar to UT 2003/2004 domination mode. 2 teams have to hold "x" amount of areas for "x" amount of time. It would also be nice if there was a way to randomize the locations so you don't have an airport dm shoot out for the entire time. Having more than two teams would also be a nice feature but would probably only work for the larger servers.

Going to work and implent it in 3.0 (I had this idea longer in mind)

Yeah I guessed you would have thought of tis already, just figured id mention it as it hadnt been mentioned before to my knowledge, and there wernt any actual "suggestions" so far in the thread :P

not sure if this has been mentioned before but I'd luv to see a game mode similar to UT 2003/2004 domination mode. 2 teams have to hold "x" amount of areas for "x" amount of time. It would also be nice if there was a way to randomize the locations so you don't have an airport dm shoot out for the entire time. Having more than two teams would also be a nice feature but would probably only work for the larger servers.

Read 1st post: no script idea's

ok another idea i had...

How about a system that tells you who is in admin, even if they are using the remote admin tool... I know this is probably something that would need to be built into the server design, but i would love to know how many people and who is logged to admin on my server at any one time.

Juat an idea, but maybe a small box showing admins logged in and an ability to get their ip's?

• 4 weeks later...
ok another idea i had...

How about a system that tells you who is in admin, even if they are using the remote admin tool... I know this is probably something that would need to be built into the server design, but i would love to know how many people and who is logged to admin on my server at any one time.

Juat an idea, but maybe a small box showing admins logged in and an ability to get their ip's?

Thats not possible. However i do get a sort of admin-ID so i can tell how much admins there are when you join.....

You said earlier that MTAMA receives more info from 0.4, and I reckon it should be possible for it to receive how a player was killed (i.e. by which weapon). This could be useful for stats scripts and scripts that kick a player if he heli-kills too many times (I think the FMJ server has a "kick on repeated heli-kill" policy if I remember rightly).

VCES is much stonger about heli klls than we r, we only kick if its, for instance, killing 5 ppl in a stubby fight at the robber spawn over and over... that would warrent a tempban for about 30mins. We would always warn them first though.

As for the "how players were killed" i believe this is gonna be in 0.4, so i gues it will be admin side too, my guess is for scripting that it'll have a function like $mta.weapon or something...

Also, i dont see why that admin idea of mine wouldnt be possinbe... the server logs always show admins names and ip's when they join, so why couldnt that be used?? ah well, if there is a way of seeing how many ppl are in admin then thats a start :)

As for the "how players were killed" i believe this is gonna be in 0.4, so i gues it will be admin side too, my guess is for scripting that it'll have a function like $mta.weapon or something...

:roll:

Also, i dont see why that admin idea of mine wouldnt be possinbe... the server logs always show admins names and ip's when they join, so why couldnt that be used?? ah well, if there is a way of seeing how many ppl are in admin then thats a start :)

It could be more because it takes the first gap in the ID numbers. So i dont add it.

Hi Aeron,

1st of all nice mod.. thx & all that.. but i'm sure yr sick of hearing that by now..

2nd a minor idea.. Up to you whether it's a good idea or not..

I would really like to have a button in the MTAMA interface that lets me simply reload the script. That way instead of reselecting the script after a change to it has been made, one would simply have to click the reload button to activate the change...

:wink: