Chat length (max allowed symbols)

MousemanLV

Greetings, everyone!

I would like to suggest one feature, which would be really, really useful for RolePlay servers. Is there any chance to make the chat length string longer? For example, the current length for the chat is somewhat like this (example below). My example below shows the current and perhaps what we could have as an improvement (basically by making it 2x longer then it is currently).

(if the link is not working for you, please let me know.)

09gf7uveo1xnlwmdr0nw.jpg

Having the text as long as that in two lines would be so awesome. In my honest opinion, it would improve RolePlayer experience a lot more than ever before!

I apologize if it's actually possible to do something like this, mainly because I wasn't able to find anything through the search function. If it's possible, could you please share some information on how to do it? That would be really, really awesome!

Best regards,

MousemanLV.

I dont see any appropriate reason for a chatbox character limit and I doubt that setting the limit to a server variable would introduce any unforseen issues so I +1 this. I don't see why there shouldn't be a client function for this, but perhaps setPlayerChatBoxCharacterLimit?

• 7 years later...

I'd love for there to be a serverside function like: setChatBoxCharacterLimit to change the chatbox character limit that is set to what it currently is by default. We could hard limit it to like 300 characters.

It would also be nice to see how many characters you are using when typing in the chatbox, like this:

spacer.png

This is highly requested by the roleplay community that needs a place on MTA.

On 14/01/2014 at 17:46, myonlake said:

This could be an adjustable limit in the MTA settings instead.

At the moment you can write long messages by using F8 console, which I use everytime I chat by default.

Now that I'm thinking yes, I don't see why it shouldn't be a client limit, but in my opinion servers should be able to set a default so that every player doesn't have to go adjust it if it's recommended.

15 hours ago, SpecT said:

@FernandoMTA A custom chatbox with your preferences is always an option.

If you want me to use CEF for that, no thanks. Unfortunately it's buggy for a lot of clients. Feel free to suggest alternatives.

I do still strongly believe that this is not something hard to implement and doing so would personally make me not have to get a custom chatbox.

Edited by FernandoMTA