Help please!! Very strange problem.

Hello,

I played MTA alot, I freaking love it. I could connect to server no problem. After about 2 months of playing, my MTA wont want to work properaly. I used to be able to connect to servers with no problem, but if I do now, 95% of the time MTA quits responding after it says 'connecting...' and if I do connect to a server somehow, I crash after like 5 seconds if theres anymore than 5 people on that server. If I connect to a server with like 2 people on it, I can stay connected for 10 mins maximum. And I crash waaaayyyyy more than Im supposed to. I didnt have any problems a couple months ago but now its hell for me. :cry: I have freash installs of MTA and Vice City.

Running XP Home and I have cable.

Please help... it would be very appriciated!!! :D

Integrated Intel extreme 3D graphics card 64 MB with the latest drivers. I dont think my video card is causing these problems since it worked with MTA before with the same drivers. ;)

[EDIT]

Xa4

I guess we have the exact same issue.

:?

I'll give you a few more details...

When I connect to a server with some of people on it, I see:

Connecting...

Connected.

After I see this I see a 'Send Error Report' window.

And then my MTA crashes before I see the final message.

That even happnens with only a couple people, OR EVEN NO people on the server, just more often with alot of people on it...

At other times, I try and connect to a server, wait like 20 seconds, and then MTA closes automaticly. :roll:

I have ABSOLUTELY fresh installs of MTA and Vice City. I tryed deleting my Vice City and MTA folder (even MTA.ini in windows folder), the only thing I modifyed in my Vice folder was my MP3 folder so I could listen to some of my Disturbed music in Vice...

It happens on EVERY SERVER I go on to. Hell, I ****ing got banned off of a server because of this Bullsh*t problem. [xD]Stunt Server. I tryed connecting two or three times (nonono I wasnt trying to flood) to see if there was something that I wasnt seeing that could tell me whats wrong with MTA.

Maybe some of my ports arent open? I have a D-Link router and I'll try to open them later, and hope that it will work. I tryed damn near everything... PLEASE HELP!! IT WILL BE APPRICIATED IF YOU AT LEAST TRY!

my PC specs:

Pentium 4 2.4 GHz

256 MB RAM

64 MB Integrated Intel Extreme 3D Graphics

Windows XP Home with Service pack 1

I have this too. A few days ago it started, it takes ages for MTA too load. It takes even longer after you pressed connect.

[...]

It happens at all times on every server.

I've been getting that myself. No changes to my setup for months and all was smooth before.

[...]I am not using any mod or cheat.[...]

Correction: you have a hacked client.

So this is not only affecting me? :shock: Thanks for all your attempts to help, I appriciate it, ALOT! :D I will try and do what slothman has suggested, thanks man! Ill tell you what I get. :)

same thing happens to me. i get in the server and then like 5 min latere i get an error saying it has 2 close :( i cant even Play MTA anympre. (i havent installed windows update in a while) the last game i installed was battlefield VIetnam

PC specs are :

Win. XP home

SP. 1

Pentium 4 2.53 ghz

256 mb of ram

Do all of us that have this problem have XP Home with Service Pack 1? If so, Service Pack 1 may be causing the problem. Is there a way to maybe upgrade to Service Pack 2 or something? :?

Yay. I had to format and now MTA is working beuatifully. :D Now I can play MTA no problem. I didnt format because of MTA, I formatted beacuse my computer had some corrupted files and was going slow. anyways for those of you who have this problem try creating a restore point (just to be safe) and install Service Pack 2 for Windows XP. :)

unless they run windows 9x, then they will be stuck in a repeating reinstallation loop of doom...probably for the better tho lol. I think part of the problem tho is not finding and deleteing all the mta files, reinstalling doesn't necessarily overwrite old files :\

formatting however would lol.