Ramp map competition!!

TURB®B

I think MTA team would make a "ramp competition" and ppl would create their ramp map for MTA. And the best ramp map would b in future MTA releases.(i think there is no time to create it for MTA 0.4)

Ppl should use some map editor for vice city like moo mapper or something like that.

turboa

Edited by Guest

heh, well if thats true you KNOW I'm way ahead of all the competition TurboB :P

I don't think that will happen though as all the ramps will make people with slower systems run even slower.

Though I do know/have a LOT of cool ramps, much cooler than the ramps currently in stunt mode.

Perhaps an option to have the ramps on/off in stunt servs like:

MTA ramps

Contest winner ramps

No extras

i hope there's never a feature where people can specify their own ramps/car placement in their server. every server would be different, some completely filled with cheatahs and tanks, a bunch of ramps placed in the way so you cant drive by, it would be chaotic.

i hope there's never a feature where people can specify their own ramps/car placement in their server. every server would be different, some completely filled with cheatahs and tanks, a bunch of ramps placed in the way so you cant drive by, it would be chaotic.

Yea, by contest winner I mean there should only be 1. Maybe a new one each version, with the old one still available.

PS: My ramps mod doesn't put ramps all over the street ;) I hate that too

• 2 weeks later...

Uhmm while your talking bout ramps i think you mean stunt also...

Well i say delete the helicopters couse im getting sick of those n00bs killing me with it

And mayby some more cool ramps

Like on so you can drive up a wall with a motor

You know what i mean right?

Or a ramp that leads to another ramp etc

I hope this can be possible

PS: I just luv the stoned/high whatever thing!!

Can I just point out that this kind of thing isn't going to happen at least until we have the new core released, mainly just because we're so busy working on important things, we don't have time to support competitions etc.

eAi

Just to clear things up. If u want to place cars u gotta edit the mtas.scm which i beleive is for stunt servers so you could place cars. But to make it work everyone in the server would need the same scm. So thats like whoa. You'd have to d/l a new one each time.

As for adding ramps thats more of ipl, ide files. You would have to put a custom ramp in the gta3.img. Create a map directory and fill out and ipl and ide and col file which positions the ramp. Again everyone would have the same.

Its too much work IMO. Cause everyone would end up with like 515516516 files for their 10 favourite servers or something.

--------------------

Also this aint gonna be like counterstrike where u get 2 files and place em in a /maps directory. You'd have to be a pro at modding............like me :)

Also this aint gonna be like counterstrike where u get 2 files and place em in a /maps directory. You'd have to be a pro at modding............like me :)

Yeah, but if it's as complicated as you say, most likely they'd automate it.

let alone the fact that you'd need a hacked client which.. is illegal ...

we do have modders in mind, and we are working diligently on giving them support to do such modifications, you'll have have to give us time. (perhaps a good chunk of it)

Kent

Just to clear things up. If u want to place cars u gotta edit the mtas.scm which i beleive is for stunt servers so you could place cars. But to make it work everyone in the server would need the same scm. So thats like whoa. You'd have to d/l a new one each time.

As for adding ramps thats more of ipl, ide files. You would have to put a custom ramp in the gta3.img. Create a map directory and fill out and ipl and ide and col file which positions the ramp. Again everyone would have the same.

Its too much work IMO. Cause everyone would end up with like 515516516 files for their 10 favourite servers or something.

--------------------

ummm actually all I needed WAS 2 files, editing gta_vc putting in one extra line and a new map file containing all the object coordinates... I don't really get what your're saying? He doesn't mean like putting in the cars and all, just the ramps. Then if MTA team likes it they can take it and edit it in, place cars, etc. Theres no need to add any ramps really. I have found quite a variety of ramps already present.

Heres a list:

Description=========================Model ID====Model Name

Wide Boat Ramp Kicker--------------------------------583--------waterjumpx2

Medium Ramp Kicker------------------------------------561---------landjump

Large Boat Ramp Kicker-------------------------------560---------waterjump1

Extra Large Ramp Kicker------------------------------562----------landjump2

Debris, wood plank jump (from water)-------------559----------waterjump2

Moisty Palms 2 way ramp-----------------------------588----------ramp

Wooden ramp hoisted by trash----------------------371----------newramp

Airport Stairs (ramp)-----------------------------------1046----------ap_steps1_05

Small Wooden Kicker Ramp---------------------------4501----------kickramp03

Alleyway, big staircase Ramper----------------------3758----------odrampbit

2 way staircase (Like 2 going up into a corner)---3663----------odrroofst07

I also know some good gate pieces and bridges that can be used to gain access to high buildings and start ramp combos or one huge ramp off. Oh and some stadium stuff like small/large loops and fire-rings to go through.