Bots?

ashdexx

Im not a robot, i have a sense of humor. the problem is , that i HAVE read other posts by you, and have come to the conclusion that your a moron, and an unfunny one at that. you needed dual correction. with insults like "assface" and "stupid bastard" i would recommend you check into flame school, i didnt even flinch.

@ talidan

depending on the bots objective, you might not to need to script the entire AI system for them. there's an SCM opcode that ties an actor to a player, so it automatically follows him around, gets in/out of the same vehicle, and shoots who the player shoots. i bet it could be used for this.

i c wat u mean, but they r naturally 'stupid'. they wont jump shoot, change weapons, etc.

even if u look at vc gang wars. they r so dumb. they wont strafe with there uzi's and jump and run. they just stand still, firing away. so if u come to 'help', u cud take em all out.

i c wat u mean, but they r naturally 'stupid'. they wont jump shoot, change weapons, etc.

even if u look at vc gang wars. they r so dumb. they wont strafe with there uzi's and jump and run. they just stand still, firing away. so if u come to 'help', u cud take em all out.

Yeah, but you'd expect a bit of tweaking to be required.

obviously not all the details have been sorted out. yes, the commands for that opcode are part of the game engine, and would most likely require some internal tweaking. But there are other checks you can do in the scm such as distance and weapon checks, so if the bots are a certain distance away, or have so much health / armor / ammo, you can alter their weapons and make them "dodge" the attacker by running in different directions or arming them with something heavier, to simulate weapon changing. As far as attacking is concerned, the power again lies in numbers. Using the opcode i mentioned, actors fire on the attacker when the player is shot. so even if im delayed a second, there would still be "X" number of my bots, shooting back while i turn to fire myself.

Even with the source to gta, scripting intelligent AI would be a challenging task.