[HELP]How To Create A Gamemode With MySQL

ArromG

I Asked Simple [ Which MySQL Should I Use For The MTASA Server? ]

Because A Friend Of Mine Says I Use (MySQL Workbench)

While Another Tells Me To Use (MySQL Server)

And Me I Don't Know Which MySQL To Use..

ViRuZGamiing What Do You Mean [ MySQL Or SQL] ????? (Why SQLite First Time See This)

Sorry For My English

I Would Prefer MySQL..Why The i know Better....while the SQLite(SQL) do not know...but i think can use and of two

And Which MySQL Should I Use For The MTASA Server?

The MySQL Server??

The MySQL Workbench??

Or Other

Sorry For Same Question

You need to learn LUA to make scripts for MTA, then learn the SQL functions to communicate with any kind of database. SQLite is easier to use but it has less functionality and makes it more difficult to use the data externally, for places such as on a website.

You probably want to use MySQL, with the MySQL CE server (free version of the MySQL Server, available HERE).

You will need a proper dedicated server to run any of this efficiently so good luck on the cost of that.

P.s: MySQL Workbench is an admin tool for a MySQL Server.

Depending on how indepth you want to be with your gamemode (do you want a website User Control Panel for example?) then you almost certainly want to use MySQL CE Server.

SQLite and MySQL do not always use the same execution strings, but most of the time it can be the same.

MySQL CE Server is free anyway, and depending on where you host it you may not need to pay for anything at all, for servers like MTA you probably want your own dedi of some form to administrate it all anyways.

Will you not spam that same line of text all the time and read what we're trying to help you with.

Learn Lua before you head to SQL, I really don't think learning SQL is such an important phase until you actually go and make the gamemode.

viewtopic.php?f=148&t=40809

Read all the important tutorials, and additionally you could read them all if you have the time.

As for what goes to your need in form of database architecture I say get XAMPP on your home computer and learn to use it. It includes a MySQL server, but also phpMyAdmin and an Apache web server, so it's a good pack for free.

On dedicated hosts the SQL database comes for free, and you don't have to worry about it. Just make sure you buy it from a place where they really provide you with one, and a phpMyAdmin site.