Problem with Vice City in General

Guest iceknight

Try a full install. this will pace the radio stations on your hard drive rather than forcing the game to read them from the CD. Its your CD Drive spinning up to speed that causes those microlags. Could also have success moving the CD to its own IDE so its master as i suspect u have it slaved to your primary Harddrive.

cd crack is also good, switching cds is such a hassle, also, cd cracks are not warez.
Techincally, they come under the term warez because they're illegal (modifying the exe is against the EULA). Concequently, MTA don't condone their use, though they don't actively try to prevent it.

eAi

Well it's a brand new comp and i'm only using 1/10th my harddrive. I'm using a DvD/cd-rom combo and have it on master seperate from my harddrive which is on the other IDE.

I'll see if a cd crack helps but shouldn't the game function properly without it? I also did the full install when I installed it and I have the latest patch.

Well it's a brand new comp and i'm only using 1/10th my harddrive. I'm using a DvD/cd-rom combo and have it on master seperate from my harddrive which is on the other IDE.

I'll see if a cd crack helps but shouldn't the game function properly without it? I also did the full install when I installed it and I have the latest patch.

No-cd cracks exist because of such reasons (and people who don't buy the game), but anyway, its because people either don't like switching cds, or have cd drives that can't cope with the speed, that no-cd patches exist.

eAi

the problem with the nocd patch however is that not all are compatible with mta, and who knows, maybe there are side-effects. a virtual drive seems like the more foolproof way of doing it, but a crack definitly takes less space on yer drive