MTA 0.4 (GTA3) Test (22/04/2004 @ 01:40 CET) by MrBump

Si|ent

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, the team is very busy as it is, and the time spent putting together a video could be spent on more important things (e.g. finishing 0.4 or the new core), so in the end its better to wait. That said, if we have a test just before the release I might knock together a video (I've got a some music in mind ;)).

eAi

do yall think yall could get us somekind of a gameply video.

The problem with making a video of any length is it would show some things that may not make it to the final release. Things have already changed in the latest build since the semi-public Beta the screenshots are taken from for example.

These tests are held to see how what we have so far holds up with more players ingame, a strss test if you like. They often bring problems to light we hadn't come across up to that point. That is their purpose. But this can mean some of the newer features need to be altered or occasionally removed altogether. Yet we all know if media of any kind is released showing a feature 90% of the people who see that will think it is 'promised'.

We did release a very small video of trx and Kent fighting. All going well 0.4 shouldnt be too far away from release and at that point of course you can experience the gameplay yourself rather than watching a video :)

well, this is wat shud happen. we dont want another radar bug like in 0.3. this way the team can be sure for small bugs

Edited by Guest

Seems like MTAVC should be v1.1 only too. Then it would not cause any problems which would not be thought to be because of having 2 versions playing MTAVC and it would be less work on the team.

lmao, i have a cracked version, someone wanna give me 1.0 so i can update it? :lol:
Go buy the game.

Most people seem to use the 1.0 version of vice city, and theres no reason to upgrade to 1.1 unless you've got gfx problems. The ammount of effort to get code working for both (in vc anyway) is minimal.

eAi

Well my point is why even bother? Why not just upgrade anyways and share one common exe, one common ground? Seems like things would be better if everyone would just upgrade to v1.1 and play with the same exe, unless v1.1 changes gameplay for some even though its just for the gfx fix?