MTA 0.4 (GTA3) Test (22/04/2004 @ 01:40 CET) by MrBump

Si|ent

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think half the fun is finding all the hidden stuff, plus they always say in thier new features list what the new feautes are, so you dont have to look for them. Also if they told you about the new features that they were trying to implement you would all be pissed off when you didnt see them. Thats almost the best thing the MTA team does :) The best being MTA ;)

Marcel

i reckon that the mta team dont need to announce features.

if they do,and summin goes completely wrong at the end,then everyone will be pissed off with them. well.....maybe not the specy mode and maybe not synced time and myabe not synced weather....and maybe not money....and maybe not....

Yeah, I'd feel pretty humiliated if I was on the dev team and had to admit to everyone that we'd made a mistake and the feature that everyone was looking forward to had to be taken out. Not to mention that the fans would be annoyed (to say the least) as well, so keeping stuff secret is in everyone's interests.

.....maybe not the specy mode and maybe not synced time and myabe not synced weather....and maybe not money....and maybe not....

Out of all of those the only thing we have said will be in is spectator mode. And there have been several times we have regretted saying even that. If it hadn't been promised you'd more that likely have 0.4 to play already. But it should be worth the wait.

(Especially for all those Dodo pilots out there)

lol :D

cant wait til mta 0.4

how bout some vc shots.. all you guys have been putting up is gta3.. thats awsome and all.. but it would be really cool to see some gta vc shots too.. cuz i play mta vc far more that gta 3 mta

Like some of the other people here I may start playing gta3 mta more often when the new version comes out. We know you guys have tonz of screenshots but do yall think yall could get us somekind of a gameply video. Maybe next time a test is done :?: ?

do yall think yall could get us somekind of a gameply video.

The problem with making a video of any length is it would show some things that may not make it to the final release. Things have already changed in the latest build since the semi-public Beta the screenshots are taken from for example.

These tests are held to see how what we have so far holds up with more players ingame, a strss test if you like. They often bring problems to light we hadn't come across up to that point. That is their purpose. But this can mean some of the newer features need to be altered or occasionally removed altogether. Yet we all know if media of any kind is released showing a feature 90% of the people who see that will think it is 'promised'.

We did release a very small video of trx and Kent fighting. All going well 0.4 shouldnt be too far away from release and at that point of course you can experience the gameplay yourself rather than watching a video :)