MTA 0.4 (GTA3) Test (22/04/2004 @ 01:40 CET) by MrBump

Si|ent

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probly is still very much dependent on the ppl's ping like everything played online, but you'd say it's better than MTA:VC 0.3? Hmmm, that'd be good. How would you guys account for that? Improved netcode, or magic beans in the 9mm magazines?

About the PnS shops, I think they just left their doors open instead of having them shut as in VC. I wouldn't bet those things are functional yet (and even if they were, why do I find that not so important o_0?).

Anyway, good job and happy 80% :).

PS: BTW if 90%->100% is final debugging and testing, what's 80%->90%?

and i don't think it will make any cense lol :lol:8):D:wink:

Just like you then

want u mean???

RISO wrote:

michael196 wrote:

and i don't think it will make any cense lol

Just like you then

michael196 wrote:

Yes i know so why u not hide it...

but u mean that it is telling us how much is left up to the release!!!

amen to that Riso

What u all mean in this???

Lol, the privilege of choosing you is theirs; yours is the privilege to participate in the beta test :P.

And Ransom, I only made that remark in relation to some other post, by a member of the team I believe or a close associate, about the last 10% usually being dedicated to thorough debugging and final testing.

Since progress hasn't reached 90% yet, by impliczation that means there's things other than checks and cleanups still being done. I was merely asking what parts of the project the step from 80% to 90% includes. We'll see what they answer.

* whimpers sadly *

Note to self... Idle on IRC more often so you can recieve those invites when available

I'm impressed that there's that many folks on one screen, all shooting and firing and whatnot.. Noone crashed at all in that little section there?

From what I heard in the comments from under the Kent/Trx fight movie, up/down firing issues have been resolved?

Now how about my other wishes? =)

Moly Glitches and Weapon Swtiches gone?

Range still fixed on the thrown weapons?

Wish I could have been there for the testing.. I was even lost as to what to do last night too!

it was the most damn good fun i had in a loooonnnggg while with mta, its so much fun! i liked the test, and i'm on both pictures:), only thing was 2 hours of testing used up 5.7 gigs of traffic:P

Oohh... that won't go down well with prospective admins :(

RISO: /me wonders why the ak isn't working-omg that car squished me!!!

hehe I didn't notice it though.

About the aiming,it seemed ok,except for the pistol and uzi,they seemed a little well...dodgy..but that might've been because of the pings. :idea:

a question pleaz :

is skins working ??

Currently there are no skins in GTA3:MTA 0.4 (this may change later)... It didn't seem to be too much of a problem in the tests, though perhaps it'll get a bit more confusing in Gang matches, thought tags should make it quite clear who is on which gang...

eAi

it was the most damn good fun i had in a loooonnnggg while with mta, its so much fun! i liked the test, and i'm on both pictures:), only thing was 2 hours of testing used up 5.7 gigs of traffic:P
I think you must have got your maths wrong. You're suggesting that your server was outputing on average 830KB/s of data...

(5.7 * 1024 * 1024) / 2 / 60 / 60 = 830

Thats 51KB/s per player... No... I was downloading at the time at about 40KB/s and I got 100 ping (not bad for another country). There is no way i or anyone else was consistently downloading at that rate.

Maybe you mean 5.1KB/s or 0.51KB/s...

eAi