Flaming Car

I was driving on MTA the other day and all the sudden I blew up... Then realized my car had been on fire for quite a while... I immediatly thought that it'd be nice if MTA had a burning sound when your car is about to explode, much like in Vice City single player. Just a suggestion.

i've noticed this a lot more often in the stunt server than in deathmatch. yer driving along, hit a wall, you look fine, but 4 seconds later... BOOM

i think it's happening because you are getting into a vehicle that is already damaged on other peoples screens, but not your own. so you get in, you see a car in perfect shape, but the other guys see a smoking mess.

Yes, but your machine will destroy the car (along with you in it) based on when IT thinks it has taken too much and not on what others' screens tell them.

Many times in DM mode along with others I've tried stuff where we needed a certain car like a packer for a stunt or something and when unluck would strike and it would take too much damage because of one's driving, the way to save it would be for someone else to get in and damage it just a tad so that for the driver's end it'd blow up. Then if it moved again, it'd reappear brand new to the first. That way more than one players wanting to keep a car around, could refresh its energy for as long as they'd want.

If a car blows up, it's because your VC acknowledges it as totaled, so the problem with stunt mode is actually the lack of the fire anim, which was purposefully removed cause of some serious enough reason (mentioned long ago I believe). I think it had something to do with syncing performance :/.

Ok let me give some correct info on this subject as it seems some dont know it or are forgettign it.

The normal gta fire was replaced by mta 's own fire, its wasnt removed, it was replaced with anotherone, the normal gta fire was found to be causing some crashes so it was removed of course somethign had to be added so we knew when to get out of the vehicle , so mta team added their own fire to the game,the sound was left unchanged , its still there, the new fire however came with a small drawback, that it didnt always show the fire when the car was gonna blow up, this is a flaw and was not meant to be like this, so if your playing and your car all of a sudden blows up it was because in reality the car was on fire for a while but the animation nor the sound was there,and about the timing of the fire untill the explosion, gta's fire is actually shorter in time then mta's so you have more time to run away then you normally would in gta , this may seem otherwise but it aint.If you think you dont have enough time to get away from a burning vehicle your slow or just have bad luck.

xenex is pretty much spot on there except for one thing. 'our' fire doesnt have sounds. If you hear the cracklng of flames its because vc has decided its going to use its own anyway (still happens sometimes especially if the vehicle ended up on its roof). You do have more warning and longer to escape with our particle fire. First of all we trigger smoke to give you advanced warning of impending destruction. Then the flames proper begin aftera little more damage is done. Then you have slightly longer before the car explodes that you would have with 'normal' car fire.

As for the exploding with no warning. This seems to be a stunmode only problem, and one that is hard to track down. The routine is the same. Perhaps its caused by the amount of extra object we use in that mode (the ramps) perhaps by something else.