[VCA] Vice City Army - ....Server details to be updated....

Si|ent

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they changed?

yeah, days when bill would spam unchallenged, and I didnt have this nasty neverwinter nights and RL addiction

anyway, as for an hq, i never really bothered thinking of blasta's, im guessing a nice hq would be the mansion in LC (we do run t'ings after all) or maybe like ah yes... Donald Love's pad, or maybe the airport, i dunno

Loendal, shall we sort out a GTA3 match? 30 min rounds or somesuch.

As has been stated in the past, GTA III is a different system.. How are we supposed to have a hold / defend war when we only have a pistol and bat to fight with? Has there been any talk anywhere about a system for gangwarring on GTA III?

I can see an outright deathmatch for points, that would at least allow for a bit of money coming in to purchase the tools of the trade.

We could just have a 30 min - hour match, with a couple gangs. Say 2 or 3. Keep the rules simple, and just kill. Once everybody has joined start the match. Tally up the gangs total, kills are 1 point, and team kills are -1 point. Use the honour system so people wont kill others, or gather weapons before the match starts. Pretty simple, and sounds fun in my opinon. :)

I agree that the only smart way to have a GTA3 match is with a timer. The game allows plenty of stategy and the random spawns will make it more interesting.

You might have to set up gaurds for the Amunations ect...

I would discourage car killing but you can't make it a rule since it's so easy to do it by mistake. There shouldn't be any incentive to carkill since your team might not get the credit.

I would just say at the start you would reset scores and money and then start the script.

We want to play a GTA3 match even with a few ppl just to get going. Me, Nutz, Camaro and Pi for example...

Is VCA up for that?

I like the idea of having maybe 4 gangs on gta3 for about 30 minutes..

The system you guys described above would be perfect,but just one thing,I think buying weapons should be allowed from the start of the match...Or we could simply get the weapons that that are spread over the city. :idea:

Count us in.

I like the idea of having maybe 4 gangs on gta3 for about 30 minutes..

The system you guys described above would be perfect,but just one thing,I think buying weapons should be allowed from the start of the match...Or we could simply get the weapons that that are spread over the city. :idea:

Count us in.

I assume you are replying to this post below. It sounds fun and I would love that too. I would suggest a reset of scores and money and go is called. More teams would work with this but I want to face off against one gang as well for competition purposes.

You can have the admin kill everyone right before the match starts in a script I assume but that might crash ppl. Otherwise I would say no pickups before the match or some nonsense will spring up at the Amunations

We could just have a 30 min - hour match, with a couple gangs. Say 2 or 3. Keep the rules simple, and just kill. Once everybody has joined start the match. Tally up the gangs total, kills are 1 point, and team kills are -1 point. Use the honour system so people wont kill others, or gather weapons before the match starts. Pretty simple, and sounds fun in my opinon.

Simply start once every participant is on the server, mtama can ensure the previously connected people do not move from spawn until GO is cried.

The only thing that needs some consideration is car kills. Do we ban them altogether? Do we -1 point fromt he team that performs them? Do we just allow them, anything go's style? Do we allow them but not count the points?

All have thier problems, banning removes a big part of the game. -1 point makes it a positive disadvantage and means being VERY careful not to accidentally run someone over. Anything gos could fall into a car noob session (especially if gangs that will do ANYTHING as long as they win are involved), Not counting the points would still be manipulated by aforementioned gangs. Running well armed people over to prevent them having the weapons any more for instance.

It's a tricky one.

The only thing that needs some consideration is car kills. Do we ban them altogether? Do we -1 point fromt he team that performs them? Do we just allow them, anything go's style? Do we allow them but not count the points?

All have thier problems, banning removes a big part of the game. -1 point makes it a positive disadvantage and means being VERY careful not to accidentally run someone over. Anything gos could fall into a car noob session (especially if gangs that will do ANYTHING as long as they win are involved), Not counting the points would still be manipulated by aforementioned gangs. Running well armed people over to prevent them having the weapons any more for instance.

It's a tricky one.

That is the key problem.

If it were attack/defend format it would be easy to either count the person as dead or allow a respawn. But that format isn't a good fit for this game.

The problem with allowing a script to calculate either a no kill or minus point is that credit is given to somone who didn't car kill.

I would suggest we discourage car killing but accept that some people will die from cars by accident or circumstance.

I think you can get the script to not count (vehicle) deaths in the score but like you said there are other stategic uses of the car kill to disrupt the team and split them up or take away thier weapons.

We might just have to have a few test wars to learn what the problems will be. We can do this gang vrs gang or with random teams.

Well, i dont think we should/can rule out car kills, they are part of the game. But they should be discouraged. I've played most of the gta3 gangs, and for the most part they arnt car killers, so I dont think it would be a huge issue from the start.

I dont know about the rest of VCA, but i'd be willing to participate in a gang match. Perferably one with atleast 3 different gangs total, that way it spicies things up a bit ;) I was thinking gangs of 4 to start out with, cause it seems the more people, the more hassle it is.

Ok then, I think to prevent it being reduced to bumpercars or ped skittles we shall say car kills are allowed, but will not count towards final kills/deaths scores.

So mtama will ignore any 'died (vehicle)' or 'killed (vehicle)' deaths. This way gangs are free to do so if they wish, but they will gain no score advantage, and may even financially reward thier opponents. As there is a good chance another enemy player will be close to the splatted player and will be awarded the 1.5k

I'm expecting certain gangs will take full advantage of this however and 'exploit' car killing in every way possible. Whatever, if it happens you wont get some personal crybaby flame war on here like you may from other gangs.

So lets get some people together and give it a try :) Best call them freindlies for now untill we have a tried and tested format and rules set.

So. So far we have the following.

o Fixed time period rounds (30, 45, 60 minutes TBD

o Players to get ingame and stay at spawn until match start. (Enforced my mtama)

o Cumulative Team score decides winners. (Kills - Deaths = Score)

o If u crash/freeze/time out. Just reconnect and continue

o Car kills will not count towards deaths/kills score but may be used for strategic advantage.

Finally as identification of players is a little harder in gta3mta, due to lack of obvious spawn careers and locations, I suggest some clearly different naming is used. One team very short names, one very long. Remember we will be respawning on top of other players and may need to ID them rapidly

For instance:

[TAG]whoever

[TAG]fullname

[TAG]thingyguy

etc, and:

VCA1

VCA2

VCA3

Or Vice verca

That sounds good and I would like to get one schedueled.

Just let us know how many people you have ready we will get that many ready as well.

I am thinking of

Camaro

Nutz

Pi

kfg <--- /me talked in the 3rd person

Schark

or others based on availablity.

We will want to avoid carkilling as well but like you said sometimes it can't be avoided. We will not however use cars as an exploit

Mrbump, and myself were chatting on irc earier today about new style of gang wars. Not so much about rules of the gang fight, and not so much as leagues. But more of turf. Every gang has turf, and fight each other to get more turf. This way it seems to follow more of the gang style, rather then traditional clan ladders. So basicaly instead of climbing the proverbial ladder, you can spread you colors on the proverbial map :D

TURF WARS©

is under development, soon a web page, and proper rules will be in place. Stay tuned for further devlopment.

if gta3 does get turf wars that i would support

but the current rules of right now you just fight all over the city for 30 minutes or whatever and whoever has the most kills in the end is nothing more then an extension of what happens everyday on servers

Loendal, shall we sort out a GTA3 match? 30 min rounds or somesuch.

As has been stated in the past, GTA III is a different system.. How are we supposed to have a hold / defend war when we only have a pistol and bat to fight with? Has there been any talk anywhere about a system for gangwarring on GTA III?

I can see an outright deathmatch for points, that would at least allow for a bit of money coming in to purchase the tools of the trade.

you start with $2000

buy a shotgun :roll:

or a uzi for that matter...

TURFWARS Update.

Final details are still being discussed and are subject to change, this is where we are so far however.

Portland is divided into 74 Turfs as shown in this small map:

turfwar2.gif

Selecting Turf.

Each gang is allocated an initial BASE TURF. For gangs that already have a gangwar HQ it will be the turf that contains it. For those that dont, you may select any available Turf. (Or of course your gang may select a gangwar HQ and take its corresponding turf if not owned already)

For example, VCA HQ is the Woodyard:

turfwar3.gif

Attacking other Turfs.

A gang may challenge for a Turf by having a match in the format described under Match Rules below in the following circumstances;

1] Any other gangs BASE TURF.

2] Any owned Turf adjoining any of your owned turfs.

3] Any vacant Turf elsewhere on the map - To do this you must find TWO other gangs willing to contest you for it, precedence must be gven to any gang whos borders the contested Turf touches. All three gangs will compete in a three way match, winner claims the Turf.

If Your gang loses its BASE TURF, you MUST allocate one of your remaining Turfs as your new BASE TURF and inform us of your selection.

If your gang loses all its Turf, you may challenge another gang for any Turf they posses EXCEPT thier current BASE TURF.

You may NOT claim a Turf in any other way.

Match Rules.

o Fixed time period rounds (30, 45, 60 minutes TBD

o Players to get ingame and stay at spawn until match start. (Enforced my mtama)

o Cumulative Team score decides winners. (Kills - Deaths = Score)

o If u crash/freeze/time out. Just reconnect and continue

o Car kills will not count towards deaths/kills score but may be used for strategic advantage.

Finally as identification of players is a little harder in gta3mta, due to lack of obvious spawn careers and locations, I suggest some clearly different naming is used. One team very short names, one very long. Remember we will be respawning on top of other players and may need to ID them rapidly

For instance:

[TAG]whoever

[TAG]fullname

[TAG]thingyguy

etc, and:

VCA1

VCA2

VCA3

Or Vice verca.

A larger version of the map, which will be hosted on the website once we have completed it, and updated regularly as matches take place, can be seen here.

http://mta.chrisbitz.com/mrbump/turfwarlarge.gif

The Website is under construction, Competition will begin once it is in place but feel free to Select your Turf in the thread below in the meantime.

http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?p=124646#124646

• 2 weeks later...