Language Specific Forum!

I've noticed that many users are having trouble discussing and explaining their mta related issues on these boards.

Mainly it's cause many of them are unable to speak any english at all.

The MTA community doesn't only consist of english speaking people u guys.Since you do not allow anybody to speak any foreign languages on the irc channel(pretty stupid rule if you ask me) and already have a countless of useless forum sections that are mostly being used for spam and other stupid nonsense the community comes up with,you should really consider adding a section where people can report their problems and discuss other things aswell in their own native language.

• MTA Team

The reason we don't allow foreign languages on IRC is because none of the (half) ops speak it so we can not see what they are saying for all we know they are talking on how to crack MTA and we wouldn't even know it. Also #mta counts about 50 users on avarae from whom 40 are idle, that means only a couple of ppl are available. The chance that they speak a foreign language is small. And do not forget that we do not have a help channel on IRC but a discussion channel.

Creating multiple language sections on the bard creates the same problem: it is difficult to moderate. Off course we could only put up sections for languages we and our mods speak, but that would be discriminating and it would still mean a limited number of sections.

Our step-by-step guide has been translated in many languages, most ppl just need to read that, but they can't seem to find it :idea: . If we create 20 sections for 20 different languages the board would become huge, we won't have any control over those section, and all those sections would contain the same questions.

And finally : the most used language on the net is English, if you don't speak it you can hardly get anywhere, if you don't speak it you can barely get MTA downloaded and running. You can't read the manual or anything. Now think about it. How many games do you know that supports a dozen languages? GTA supports 5 and as most know : that's a lot! Also check the boards of the big games and tell me how many languages you count!

wow ok i always wondered what happen to the idea you had a while back blokker ( i think it was you) about starting to have mulitple languages around , now i see what happend , ok goood enough, jon your right about that , but that part is somethign i think the mta team are trying to make in multiple languages, but reading the reason why it didnt go tru on the forum i can see a problem with it being done , example :MTA becomes in more languages BUT thats all we can do, we cant give them support cause we dont speak that language , maybe we got the translation from someone just passing by, or just from a translator, you get the idea.

You don't have to add multiple sections for each of the languages,one extra section for these kind of threads would be enough.

No offense,but saying that if somebody does not have any knowledge of english won't be able to operate a cpu or internet is just plain ignorant and offensive to be honest.The world doesn't just revolve around "America" or english speaking countries for that matter.

Anyway, as far as i know alot of games and mods do actually have multiple language specific forums.Maybe not for every language but they do have at least one section where you can discuss anything project related in any foreign language.And that's what i am mainly asking for.

I don't see why moderating would actually be a problem.I am sure that there are many multilingual individuals in this community who would probably be more than happy to moderate this forum section.

This would help out a lot of people and i am sure that they would appreciate it.

• MTA Team

1. I'm not american, english isn't even my first language, it isn't even an official language in this country :idea:

2. We are modding a game that is labeled +18, and as far as i know they teach english in most countrys, so by the time someone is 18 they should know some basic english

3. If we throw it all in one section, then that becomes one big mess and no one would go there to even check it out.

4. Do you even know what the biggest problems are for most ppl? The number one question is : where can i download MTA, in second place : where do i find servers, in third place : how does this work, do i need to go on? and all these questions are answered in a verry good way in the step by step guide which is available in over 15 languages, but if they can't find that, then what makes you think they can find a multi langue section on this board?

Ahh well,i'm not going argue with you regarding this issue.

I am only trying to be helpfull to you guys and the rest of community.

I have moderated a few boards before and really enjoyed helping out people regarding these issues over the couple of years.I even speak a couple of other languages and would be more than glad to help out with this kind of forum.But you seem to be a very stuborn guy,so i am going to stop mentioning it.

blokky has got a point. 1 simple link

http://www.freetranslation.com/web.htm (i know there are many more, like google, but easiest to remember)

english -> spanish, french, german, italian, dutch, portuguese, russian, norwegian

it may not translate completly to perfect grammer. we talk with slangs to make typing faster, so it may not translate that. but its better than nothing if u wanna read the boards i reckon. :)

blokky has got a point. 1 simple link

http://www.freetranslation.com/web.htm (i know there are many more, like google, but easiest to remember)

english -> spanish, french, german, italian, dutch, portuguese, russian, norwegian

I personally use Babelfish - http://babelfish.altavista.com

It supports loads of languages:

English > Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portugese, Russian, Spanish.

If you go to Translate a web page and type in http://forum.mtavc.com it works like a charm (not all sites do).

i agree, if it is in 1 place it will be a huge mess, even more than other stuff i wont mention, and yes a multilanguage board would be good, but that would require a new group of moderators, and you can't trust everyone, cause sometimes it looks like you can trust a person, but when something happens a person can be really different (look at what happened at the gangs section) so from 1 side it's a good idea, but from the other side, it's a bad idea