Graphics Problem.

Guest .noob

I am having a graphics problem. When I am playing, I can see the water under me. I can't see any buildings. I can only see tree's, my self, and cars. I tried re-installing. I installed 1.1. I can't figure it out.

I took a screenshot of it, but its like 2.4 megs.

See, its like this: If i fly in a helicopter, I see just blank grey for a road. Green for grass. Just egular colors. Not detailed textures. Heres another example: I spawn as a mexican, I walk out of airport, and I can see the grass, or tree's. I was going to the Pay and Spray and I couldnt see the garage door, it was covered with grey. I have to sit in a spot for 3 minutes before Graphics appear.

ok - i have 2 pcs.. both very good, but 1 of them has a, lets say shitter graphics card then the other one but still very good.

The shittier 1 does that with the robber spawn until about 5 seconds.

Then i run out of the door and do some pwning.

Anyhow my good graphics card does different and loads up properly and hardly ever has this graphics problem anywhere on the map.

So either u need a new graphics card or stfu.

Because i don't find it hard to wait the extra 5 seconds unless ur inpatient then get a new graphics card!

:P

depends, some cards that are pefectly capable of playing the game...just sometimes don't get the hint and don't load the textures lol, i have an geforce fx go 64mb that does this now and again...just decides to not load the textures...maybe once in 50 loads. Perhaps try updating the drivers, if not that, invest a bit in a new card, they aren't horrible nowadays.

Well . My friend has the same problem . The only way to fix it is to get a card updates , or to get a better card . But what my friend does is , when ge goes in-game . he gets a shotgun and keeps shotting around , that "forces" the pc to load the textures . this also works with cars , get a car and press accel and brake/reverse at the same time . it will smoke the wheels and the textures will load . The only way i see here for you to fix this prob is to get a a betters card .. or keep following one of the instructions above ...

Well . My friend has the same problem . The only way to fix it is to get a card updates , or to get a better card . But what my friend does is , when ge goes in-game . he gets a shotgun and keeps shotting around , that "forces" the pc to load the textures . this also works with cars , get a car and press accel and brake/reverse at the same time . it will smoke the wheels and the textures will load . The only way i see here for you to fix this prob is to get a a betters card .. or keep following one of the instructions above ...

Would that friend happen to be Vass? :P

OK my opinion on this is:

Its not always just the graphics card that determines whether the textures load quick. The CPU speed and amount and speed of RAM can also affect it. EG, when im running MTAMA with the FMJ script running on a 16 player server, the CPU is being used about 15-20% by mIRC. In this instance the textures take about 10secs to load in the robber hosue when I start MTA, and the overall fps are much lower.

This isnt because of bad hardware in my case though as my comp has a very high spec.

One thing you may want to try is taking it to 16bit and lowering the res to 800x600 or even 640x480. It wont look as good but it will improve performance. Also get the latest drivers for your graphics card, AND you AGP drivers. These will be found at the mamafacturers websites for each product, the AGP drivers being at the motherboards site.

But as everyone else says, get a new card :P U can pick up a radeon 9500, which is more than good enough for vc, or a geforece FX 5200 for well under 100 bucks these days. Look around and see what you can find.

Would that friend happen to be Vass? :P

Nope . I wans'nt talking bout vass . He got a good videocard :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue guys. I have a 9700 PRO with the latest drivers. Have no issues in games like FARCRY, BF:Vietnam, Or UT2004.

I think the problem people have with this in MTA particularily is because MTA is using more processor, so that VC doesn't have the processor time to load the textures. You may find that pressing escape, and waiting a second on the pause screen before going back in forces the textures to load, or it might just be worth upgrading your computer. I know with some of the more memory/processor intensive tools I use, they can seriously prevent the game from loading textures propperly, though closing them can fix it instantly.

In conclusion, theres nothing you can really do about it, appart from close MTA (possibly ;)).

eAi