charators

KAD_

The character selection algorithm uses the same approach whether it be in Stunt Mode or Normal Mode. The characters in GTA are defined by a model name that can be called upon in the SCM script, e.g. BGA, PLAYER6, IGDIAZ, IGBUDDY, etc. Each name corresponds to a specific model found in gta3.img. When a user chooses to play as IGDIAZ then their character is set to Diaz, the IG prefix stands for in-game opposed to the CS prefix which defines the cut-scene models, CS models are unplayable. To explain how the character selection algorithm works let's use an example; when a gamer chooses to play as a cop in Normal Mode their character is then randomized to either IGBUDY2 or PLAYER6; IGBUDY2 is Lance as a cop and PLAYER6 is Tommy as a cop. Now, in Stunt Mode rather then merely randomizing the character to one of the previously mentioned models it may also randomize the character to a model named STRIPA, STRIPB, STRIPC, SAM, etc. That's the reason why you rarely play as the character you initially chose in Stunt Mode.

Ciao,

Kryptos

so how do v fiz dat?

You can't really. It's built into the game. One method would be to keep killing yourself until you get the one that you want. I think it's better that there's a bit of variation, rather than everyone looking the same.

alright alright.. i was just kidding.. :wink:

And what i'm telling is....

Ex: When I select Phil casidy, I see him. But the other players see me as a cop or a robber depending on my ID. If i'm player '0', Others see me as a cop. If i'm player '1' i'm a robber or if i'm plaer '2' i'm a fatty. Same thing happens to others. I only see cops, robbers and fatties in the game.

please help me