MTA 0.4 Progress. (15/04/2004 @ 14:44 CET) by MrBump

Si|ent

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm... I think I see some hints of features in these shots. I'll say the ones not already said.

1. Time and Weather synced. I think this because it shows the Tiem changed: 17:00 Weather Changed: Sunny, and stuff like that.

2. You might be able to buy something as their is money in DM, and also in previous shots form the "History of MTA" it showed ammunations on the radar.

3. Wider variety of skins. As I see skins that were never in 0.2(.2) or 0.3.

I hope my guesses are correct :)

EDIT: Oh, and I think there might be more cars, or changed cars. Because I don't remember seeing that Cheetah in 0.3 ;)

I remember at least 3 Cheetah's from MTA VC 0.3.... The black one (near sailor), the yellow one (Little Havanna), and the red one (Near pizza place on 1st Island).

the font isnt different, the screenies r just a bit wobbly.

about the money in dm, i reckon stunt and dm share the same style scoreboard like in 0.3. ppl requested for a money scoreboard so they put it, and its in dm as well. who knows, u mite be able to buy things.

anyways, the screenies look gr8

Well,it looks impressive!:P

Just some side questions:

1.On a picture,RISO is getting ra.. er,shot,and doesn't seem to be losing hp.Probably a dumb question,but my guess is that it didn't send the info of the hp bar decreasing yet,right?

2.Looks like Kent has been doing some dirty work(cough-1341-cough-money).

You probably don't want to spoil the surprises,but I'll ask anyway:How will the buying system work?(If there is one)

No problem if you can't give details yet,I'll just go back to hibernation mode on the basement. :lol:

Talidan, I don't wish to argue nd that's not my intention, I've never played a previous version of MTA 3 but assuming it uses the same font as MTA VC's chatbox, that is infact a different font perhaps with a wave effect, or perhaps they edited a font for use with MTA3

Talidan, I don't wish to argue nd that's not my intention, I've never played a previous version of MTA 3 but assuming it uses the same font as MTA VC's chatbox, that is infact a different font perhaps with a wave effect, or perhaps they edited a font for use with MTA3

yeah, thats wat i meant to say. i didnt know u meant gta3. i was sayin it was the same font as vc.

hey, i try not to be a dickhead (unlike sum ppl) so u dont need to say 'i dont want to argue with u' :)

1.On a picture,RISO is getting ra.. er,shot,and doesn't seem to be losing hp.Probably a dumb question,but my guess is that it didn't send the info of the hp bar decreasing yet,right?

It's just that I had that second begun to shoot at him after getting ready to take the screenshot. And as most of you know im dialup so the split second it takes for me to get the updated hp information hadnt elapsed yet :)

Broadband isn't available on my exchange yet. The UK, (or British Telecom to be more precise), has been very slow 'rolling it out' over the country. Especially in areas that arent very close to a large city.

It gets here soon tho :)

bump i live in a small town called nuneaton and iv had BB 4 18 months now so how can you not have it in your area only 5% of the uk is not redy to have BB yet but thats just some small villegs in the middel of no where PS good work guys hope it out soon i think MTA team should give them selfs a pat on the back

I think you folks might be digging too deep for details. The weather and time changing thing was probably a custom client for the developers, and was used to get a good pic of Bump there in that screenie. That doesn't prove that weather and time are synched, and noone has said they are here in the comments.

However, it COULD hint at the fact that rain is included in the upcoming MTA DM's, which could change the way fights are handled. It's hard to run away on a flat or two in the rain, the cars skid all over the place. It would be nice if weather was synched, time I'm not so concerned about.

As for the other hints I've picked up on, one of the obvious is the Who killed whom with what code. The baseball bat, or the uzi, or the vehicle. I like things like this, I enjoyed them in TFC. I suppose it could be tweaked to say [VCA]Loendal died [Vehicle Explosion] to differentiate between my car blowing up on me or behind me and me getting cut down by [N00b]ChopperKiller.

In screenie number 4, we see Bump tearing apart poor RISO with the MP5, standing between what appears to be two new colors of cars. Though this isn't conclusive, it could hint that they've changed the cars around again (which I would welcome, it's nice to have little changes like that). Something else about this picture is nagging at me too.. RISO's skin is different, I'm having trouble putting my finger on exactly HOW though. It's obviously a new skin, but I can't make out what it is.. Anyone out there got some image enhancing software? ;)

Additional Edit:

Also, I saw the cheetah has the bubble light (nice!)
DOH! Missed that! THAT'S what makes the car on the right look different too, I think that's the FBI Washinton (Note the Gold Hubcap). Perhaps that's what RISO's new skin is?

Just because there's money in the game now (Obviously in a DM, since we saw Kent killing toraxe with a baseball bat and having some money on hand) doesn't mean there's anything to buy just yet. It's a possibility, but not a sure thing. We have no screenie of someone wandering off and buying an armor vest or the Spaz. It could just be there for looks. It hints at a potential game mode I suppose, but again, we have no proof.

The new Vercetti skin is a given, but the question arises.. WHY is there a new skin? Have they added another class to choose from? We don't have any (even remote) hint of a class selection for the GTA III MTA revision yet, and noone has said anything that I've heard about new classes for the VC MTA yet either. Again, it's possible. Possible that there's *2* new classes, judging from RISO's skin in Pic #4. If not new classes then extended skins for the existing classes.

Things I'm looking for in the new core: (GTA III AND/OR VC)

Extended synch on cars after a player gets out (so when bailing, the cars true position will be reported to everyone else, for example).

Grenade and Moltov range no longer being fixed at a set distance.

Moly Glitching and Weapon Switching glitches removed (Big one)

Better up/down aim capability

That's enough from me for now... Buh Bye!