stuff we do NOT want in the next release

MAD_BOY

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I didn't fully read the other topic last time, I merely glanced at the poll. I watched the video that accompanies your thoughts on 360 degree shooting, which is an interesting topic, although a lot of information becomes more complex when applied to a multiplayer aspect. What is done with the flatbed is exactly what I was speaking of; a pedestrian is mounted to the back of the truck and the Artificial Intelligence then fires at the target, because that is the way that this script is obviously written. The problem with this is that when a player is mounted to a vehicle the direction in which they fire must also be applied to a multiplayer situation. The point about having a player mounted in the back of a van and still being able to fire is a little farfetched since I haven't seen any implementation of this in the code, and you can only truly stretch the code to such a degree. I believe turrets are fully feasible, it's just a matter of time before someone implements them to a playable level.

Ciao,

Kryptos

Kryptos... Look around the forums, I've done exactly that. Heres the picture:

hitchingaride.jpg

hitchingaridepart2.jpg

As you can see you can attach actors (glue them) to vehicles. You can still shoot exactly as normal, and its posible (like in the heli mission) to restrict the ammount you can turn.

Btw, Lance doesn't actually drive the heli, he isn't even there (when you remove the turning restrictions), and anyway, the AI can't drive helis afaik.

eAi

Look for what? What I stated in my earlier post was merely an addition to my original post as to what I would like to see, not what necessarily has to be included. I apologized for my previous mistake already, and I will not due so twice. As well, I frankly don't have time to search through MTA's gargantuan archive of articles, which is currently exceeding 73,000.

What is the purpose of these pictures? Sure, the pedestrians are mounted to the bed of the truck, but as far as shooting goes that proves nothing. Before you work on anything relating to turrets you have to solve the vehicle shooting issue, e.g. getting a Hunter helicopter to fire its rockets. When you apply what you have spoken about to a multiplayer game, as I just stated earlier, you must transfer the angles of the shots. In single player this is simple because the game engine covers everything relating to that, but in multiplayer you need the memory addresses that pertain to that area of the gameplay. Until then what I stated was merely a suggestion and an unrealistic one at that.

And if you want to talk about Artificial Intelligence then every vehicle in the game that has a driver at the helm of the wheel is pointless since they don't actually "drive" the vehicle. The game engine merely tells the vehicles to follow their preset paths, or in the case of a Police chase, to follow the player. When the player stops and doesn't move beyond a specific radius for a certain amount of time the Police exit their vehicles. When a Police Officer fires their weapon it aims at an area near the player, that's why not every shot strikes the player. The Artificial Intelligence in Grand Theft Auto isn't advanced whatsoever, especially not when compared to that of Half Life 2's. The only idea behind actually having a pedestrian behind the helm of the wheel is to add the aspect of Grand Theft Auto.

Ciao,

Kryptos

Edited by Guest

As I said, you can shoot perfectly, and it works just as normal shooting does (when not in "turret" mode)... Concequently its an easyish thing to add, though R*'s method of implementation doesn't make it that easy. As far as heli rockets etc go, no-one is really sure yet how they work, but you never know when you'll get a break through!

eAi

The problem with adding in Hunter rockets; which I shouldn't have said, I probably should have referred to Hunter gattling guns, is that they are similar to normal Rocket Launchers. Rockets are trajectory objects, thus they don't immediately hit the target and the player can attempt to avoid the propellent due to the time delay. I spent numerous hours working on implementing rockets and was unsuccessful in my attempts. There is one theoretical method, but it's too time-consuming to even attempt and would require the violation of the GTA:VC EULA.

Ciao,

Kryptos

I want them to take away unlimted run.

Now I know 99% of you will not like this but I see it as so poeple won't beable to just run away after losing 2 health adding more to the game. This would work only of course if they could add more cars in so what ever. so you could not bitch about I have to walk 3 miles to the nearest car.

Or maybe just a smaller map would do it. ohh well I know it won't happen so what ever.

I have done some scm editing in my time, and it is entirely possible to turn infinite run on and off under certain conditions all the time. Perhaps it should be made LONGER. Then, once it gets to a certain point (a pretty good amount) health would start draining. Something of this sort would be nice I think.

Well as this would be highly controversial and probably never really considered, I still think it would be valid to apply this idea:

The running limit would be large, it would really only effect the hardcore runners. I would make the walking time VERY short, it would be enough for your chaser to catch up to you, possibly less than 5 seconds. This way the coward would be vulnerable for at least a short time period out of a long stretch.

It would be a small fix that would fix a big problem of runners.

i think the key here is apathy. sure walking isn't your way, but it's still A way to play. some people camp (not me), and some people gun. some people try to run you over, some get on foot right away when they see you. some people heli kill, some people spam grenades. and some people run. either give up on them and move on, keep chasing on foot, or make them think you gave up and get a car then chase em :twisted:

thing i don't want to see in the next release: racer class. of course bump already said the racer was pitched out. so i'm happy.

• 1 month later...
No GameSpy because then half the ppl goto gamespy and you can get banned from gamespy

You can get banned from the servers running mta now too so whats new about that ? :? (BTW Gamespy would be one more server finding tool, not the only one, so ASE will still be able to be used.

No GameSpy because then half the ppl goto gamespy and you can get banned from gamespy

No lag, i spend ages using a shotgun but keep missing

1. Hmm...

2. It's impossible to guarantee (and fruitless to try) no lag at all considering the many factors that affect it which are beyond MTA's control.

SubSpace is lag free.

Even on a 56k, there's hardly any lag.

Firstly you say it's lag-free, and then you say that there's hardly any lag (implying that there is a slight amont of lag, thus not making it lag-free). :?