FORUM CLEANUP - NEW RULES

Si|ent

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its not quite that simple u see. In the eu league forums, each clan has its own FORUM, not just a topic in a forum, and u cant make someone moderator of a single topic, they can only moderate a forum minimum.

That would mean that every time a new clan is created they would have to have a forum created by an admin of the forums, which as far as i know is only some of the devs, and they have far more important things to do than go running around creating forums for clans.

Its easier for me in the league forums cos I only create forums for clans which are accepted into the league, which is not many compared to that amount of clans which just want to announce their presence here.

As for the deleting spree... I agree it was a good idea, but some warning would have been appreciated from some clans. Personally it doesnt bother me cos there was only non fmj's spamming in there and the occasional FMJ update from me, but all out important info is stored on out forums which i administrate.

EDIT: ive just spoken with some people who are actually quitting mta cos if this and its pathetic. If you are quitting the whole game just cos of this then not only have you got some issues, but u are obviously looking for a reason to stop playing. This is just a forum after all. I know hundreds of people who play this game who have never come to these forums. Seems some people think "spamming the mta forums" is what MTA is.

i dont know if this is possible, but give the gang leaders mod status over only thier own threads. that way the responsibility falls upon them to keep it clean. and it is possible for them to keep it clean.

gr8 idea but it will never happen because mr.bump is a power hungry u sed that u gave warning to the threads being deleted? u didnt do shit to warn them, who the hell cares if the threads were complete spam (which none of them were) it is the gang's thread, and the gang can do what ever they want in the thread. there were no posts by mods in the KFC thread about cuttin down on spam (there wasnt that much ne way).

Yankess first of all,it not YOUR thread or your forums or whatever , its the MTA's forum so stfu , they are kind enough to let you post and make threads on it but that doesnt mean you own it, its not yours and you cant do whatever you want here, ok , dont like it? get lost.

Everyone that has posted here has atleast been somehow understanding and knows why the threads got deleted, and yes KFC THREAD DID HAVE SPAM IN IT AND A LOTTTTTTT so dont lie about it ,we all know its true,if you think about it asshole its your( the ones that spammed it) fault it got deleted .

And btw if you reply again with anything stupied or flames or just stupied insults I will be the one removing your posts not bump, so if you see a post of you dissapear you know it was me.

To the others ,lets try and make this not happen again.

yankees, if you want to have a forum thats yours and for your important info then.... MAKE YOUR OWN FORUM.

While you are here then you have to abide by the rules of the people who own the forum. If they do not like the amounts of spam then thats their call, and they can do with it what they like.

Ill admit they handling was a bit... extreme, but maybe it was the only way to get through to some people.

Ill admit they handling was a bit... extreme, but maybe it was the only way to get through to some people.

Very likely Oli.

While you are here then you have to abide by the rules of the people who own the forum. If they do not like the amounts of spam then thats their call, and they can do with it what they like.

I coudnt have said it better myself.

well iv said this once, so il suggest it again.

the ulk thread got spammed sure, but how exactly was i supposed to deal with it? delete the posts? cant. edit the flaming posts to say please dont flame in here thus avoiding a flamewar? cant.

fact is we have very little power over our own threads. all that we can do atm is ask that the problem wether it be spam or flaming be taken care of and then pray that the mods see it soon enough to take action.

so heres my suggestion

i dont know if this is possible, but give the gang leaders mod status over only thier own threads. that way the responsibility falls upon them to keep it clean. and it is possible for them to keep it clean.

if the forums dont have an option for that then i would suggest doing a system simular to what gangsofgta.com has. create a subsection for each gang and give the leader mod status over it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

feel free to tear at this idea or whatever else suits you. but i dont feel its fair that when our threads are spammed in/flamed in we cant do anything about it.

anyways thats my suggestion, feel free to add your comments

============================================

i dont want this post to get lost as i think that this is a very good idea and several people so far have agreed. more comments are welcome

Just exactly how many warning do you guys need?

The forum rules are plain enough.

blokkers announcements re abusing the gang forum are clear enough.

xenex's posts INSIDE your threads were clear enough.

Some individuals getting postcounts reset, warnings via PM even temporary bans from the forum for it. All clear enough.

So you lost some 'important' information. Perhaps that will FINALLY bring it home to you that you DO NOT SPAM in gang threads. But thats a pipe dream right? Give it a week or two and im sure the spam will start over and yet again when the rule breaking is dealt with by a moderator im sure you will all be blind to the fact that you broke rules, and just cry 'man you suck'

It's done. If the spam starts over itll happen again. Those people whove sulkily said theyll 'quit mta' because of this. well you are laughable. It kind of proves the point that to YOU mta means 'a forum to spam in!' not ' a game to play'

Ok, so what your saying is we have to hope to god that everyone doesn't spam our threads? I mean I understand that Blokker said "Posts counts will be deleted" and such and such, but he never said "We are going to delete your gang topics". I mean spammers could have easily been taken out by lowering post counts. ANY warning would have been nice to backup data (especially first posts). I mean that was just a sloppy job, just wiping out all good posts and spam posts together because there was no other quick way to do it. There was never ANY indication on the forums that something like this would happen. Maybe post count resets, but not instant deletion of gang topics without warning to save any wanted posts. Especially on threads that have been going for months. I don't care what excuses come up, because I just think that was wrong in my mind, and I have shown why.

We will probably keep a thread here at some point but the KFC forum is where we will mainly stay.

We are not pulling a ULK and running off to GTAT or anything but I was moderating and deleting spam posts in my thread I had the last 10 pages spam free. It was 8 pages in one day but they were full of content and disagreement, in other words it was a forum topic.

I am not going to cry or complain I am just not going to make that mistake again. This forum is useful for info about the game but I never recruited any of the 50+ KFC members from here. It's always happened in the servers.

Don't get to upset or flamie about this you are feeding the invincible ignorance of the ppl who will never understand.

Edited by Guest

You guys missed a key point. it was impossible to eliminate the spam and keep on top of it. You have any idea how long it takes to sort through a 20 page thread and delete 16 pages of spam mixed in with 'valid' posts? (not to mention a 170+ page thread).

And what kind of impression does it give to a newly formed gang when well known gangs/members of the forum have threads full of spam?

Every thread that was deleted had a lot of spam. (some of the massive ones where around 80% spam). Not ALL where deleted as dragon suggested. Each was checked beforehand. The VCK and SM threads for instance although very large are full of relevant posts, check them and you will see that.

the ulk thread got spammed sure, but how exactly was i supposed to deal with it? delete the posts? cant. edit the flaming posts to say please dont flame in here thus avoiding a flamewar? cant

DeathB i quite agree and when you first mentioned the possibility of giving gang leaders power over thier own threads it was discussed with blokker. Not feasable unfortunately. But now the gang forum is 'fresh' the mods wont be scared to enter it and keep it clean anymore, so spam by other people in your gangs threads shouldnt be a problem from now on.

DeathB i quite agree and when you first mentioned the possibility of giving gang leaders power over thier own threads it was discussed with blokker. Not feasable unfortunately. But now the gang forum is 'fresh' the mods wont be scared to enter it and keep it clean anymore, so spam by other people in your gangs threads shouldnt be a problem from now on.

good to hear :)

altho if u wanted to give me mod status in this section under the terms that if i use it for anything other then the ulk thread i get perm banned i wouldnt argue by any means :lol:

Yes i just noticed that it seems 'someone' decided to delete EVERY active gang thread, and lock every other one some time after the clean up. Meaning perfectly valid threads that had useful info and no spam have gone too, (only 6 where purged officially). It seems a normal moderator has the ability to do this so its difficult to determine who did this until logs are checked. It would need to be somebody overreacting to the initial tidy up. someone who has moderator status. I have my suspicions but that is all they are. for now.

NIce one twisting it round like that bumb..

Maybe next time stay on things before they got out of hand like you guys clame they did.. Instead of blameing it on the clan(threads)

Maybe I am just completely stupid (please fill me in if I am) but I still think this sucks, and senex talking abouth this being your forum.. wel it is.. but you gave us the rights to post here, got it well marked out, but then left and went on to do other things.. couse I hardly see a mod in here telling the spam was to much.

Only seeing KFC members telling every one to get out their thread and stop spamming, same goes for deathb, and many others including me.

Hope this works this time, couse I don't think it will ..

Strangely enough it was the gang members of the 6 deleted threads who where the majority of the 'outsiders' spamming up other gangs threads too. As for you having permission to post. Correct. The forum has rules however.

As for 'twisting it' how about you READ before you comment?

From the initial post in this thread:

From now on your new threads will be watched closely anyone seen to be spamming either in thier own or other gangs threads will be dealt with.
You guys missed a key point. it was impossible to eliminate the spam and keep on top of it. You have any idea how long it takes to sort through a 20 page thread and delete 16 pages of spam mixed in with 'valid' posts? (not to mention a 170+ page thread).

And what kind of impression does it give to a newly formed gang when well known gangs/members of the forum have threads full of spam?

Every thread that was deleted had a lot of spam. (some of the massive ones where around 80% spam). Not ALL where deleted as dragon suggested. Each was checked beforehand. The VCK and SM threads for instance although very large are full of relevant posts, check them and you will see that.

Most did not care about the deletion of the entire thread, good posts and spam posts. What we are saying is we wish we could have had a warning (ANY WARNING) so we could sift through those spam filled threads ourselves and take out data we wanted.

btw yes deathb I think that would be uniamous decision among everyone, but I'm sure noone will do the job to give the power to all the newcoming gang topics and such.

there was a lot of history in our thread, it was like a journal for vck, it had info about the creation, developement, the ups and downs, the complete and total history of the vck gang from creation to present. so yes, i'm ticked that it's gone.

whenever a new recruit or any other player would ask about vck, i would simply tell them to read through our thread, and they would get an idea of what we are like.

then someone has a bad day, and POOF.

The VCK thread was fine slothman, no spam, very long yes, but all gang related. It looks like someone got sulky about losing what they saw as thier own private spam thread, presumably thinking they were above the rules of behaviour on here, and decided to throw his toys out of his pram and delete every single gang thread in the forum.

As that someone would have to be a moderator the list of suspects is very short. Though if it is who is looking the most likely i have to admit I'd not of thought him the type to do something so petty.

You deleted all of my accomplishments in MTA over the last 6 months over some spam and call me petty? Like slothman said that is my gangs history. It is like taking a box full of old photos and throwing them out without letting me look to see what was there.

Not many ppl love MTA as much as I do, I have tryed to be a voice of reason on here since I have been here. I have laughed and gotten pissed and everything else a human does on this forum. IJs was nice enough to give me Mod status so I could keep the excess spam off my gang thread. I shined that thread with a diaper on a daily basis and you can ask zoot or Nickl how may posts I deleted.

I wake up one morning and my thread is deleted. I see an new announcement with some snide comments and I am supposed to create a new topic and carry on? Bullshit.

When I got on only ULK and KFC were deleted. I am sorry for the ppl who were not in the 6 condemned gangs because I really know how you feel. But the gangs that had thier threads deleted anyway should thank me.

If I had to restart and look like a noob gang than we all had to and the gangs that Mr.Bump likes are the unitended victims of MrBumps stupid idea to delete gang threads.

I hope they are retrieved and you get your history back... I wish I had mine.

I know I am the odd man out and it's sad for me...

I supported MTA in every way I could and I think I deserved better. I wasn't going to just restart my gangthread like nothing happened... fuck that... I can't let all of my hard work just die and sit still

MrBump had placed so much trust in me I was shocked that he would do this. I spent an hour at least trimming my thread it was spam free... He made me an official admin I never crossed MTA or bump this sucked

Sorry to the MTA team (except bump)

I will drift into obscurity now...

later

kfg

thanks for the reply bump. sounds like yer on top of it. please keep us up to date.

edit: ah, so it was him. yes please do seep into the sespool from whence you came. there is no justification you could possible give to deleting other gangs threads.

you sir. are a hypocrite.

Edited by Guest

i really think its sad kfg that you define a n00b gang by the way they look on the forums. if the forums are what seperates a gang from n00bs then they deserve to look like n00bs. PERIOD

i think its childish the way you deleted everything, but im not to pissed off i guess as some others seem to be.

anyways good luck with your new forums, and sorry you decided to cut your ties a good part of the mta community over your thread being deleted.

look at kfg's post...

I feel like justice has been served now that ALL the gang threads were deleted, but I can never forgive you for deleting the very first VCP topic KFG. That was history. I'm sure it was MUCH more important to Iggy. It was merely a landmark to be looked at.

Edited by Guest

and another thread i never saw since im never posting or moding anything in here (exept 2 or posts in the vcp topic :) )

to the admins: you should really keep those decisions to yourself, i mean maybe add next time a msg to the mods NOT to delete anything only coz you do

sum1 needs to make a script so that whenever a topic or post is deleted, it actually moves to a "recycling bin" thingy and only admins can screw w/ that, just incase something like this happens again /me looks @ rawk

neways, kungfus responce to this was immature and horrible desicion making. its like ur mom, if she betrays u, u dont go and cut off her limbs, u still care for her, as u should still care for mta and not damage it in such a way even if that DID happen. remember, ITS JUST A GAME!!

your "hard work" was pointless, because THIS IS A GAME!