FORUM CLEANUP - NEW RULES

Si|ent

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you dont want to follow the rules of the forum providers, by all means use your own forums !

Infact here is a great place to get your own free forums !

http://s6.invisionfree.com/

If you would like to whine about this thurther go to...

http://s6.invisionfree.com/TkS_MTA_Forums/index.php?showtopic=38

That way you might avoid provoking MrBump and the rest of the MTA/Moerator teams to take thurther action on some of you.

You know what I'ma lay down my opinion right hurr even though KFG told me not to flame and be supportive...

Bump..... thought u were our friend mang...

Xenex or watever if your gang thread was deleted I bet you'dbe bitchin all over the fuckin place jump off the MTA penis

And that little when "your mom betrays you" comment, my mom betrayed me i left my crib fuck that i dont take shit from nobody, i fight fire wit fire, sumone kills one of my friends damn right someones fuckin dying, thats how it works nowadays... And how is what KFG did such a hideous act when he deleted 3-6 threads, BUMP DELETED ALMOST EVERYONES THREADS, hello ppl just cuz hes a mod doesnt mean you gotta be stuck up his fuckin ass 24/7 go head flame this, if u delete it you prove my point that your all power hungry propaganda totin mofuckas who wont let me state my opinion and i'll just post it again till you ban me so ban me now if you want I dont givea fuck, I've been arrested, stabbed, beat up, burned, watched close friends die, getting banned from a fuckin forum aint gonna bother me.

Xenex or watever if your gang thread was deleted I bet you'dbe bitchin all over the :o place jump off the MTA penis

My gang thread did get deleted by your friend kunfu, so stfu.

Tek i have nothign against you are anyone, ( even you kunfu,you did wrong we all know that ,maybe bump did too , but anyways im not gonna go into that)

Tek i would advise you to keep silent and not try and talk about the subject if you dont know what happend, its obvious you just "heard" from someone.So that means that person might only be telling his side( i dont mean anyone in particular) or he might just be bending the truth a bit , thats not his fault, but you have to be informed well enough before you jump into the conversation or you would just make a fool out of yourself for not knowing enough.

Parents have prevented me from accessing the computer all through this, so I'll just comment on the aftermath.

There are twelve topics set as announcements or pinned threads. Here are the ones I reckon should be removed:-

2 day rule for regulars - this is simply not required. People who flame will be resented by the quality gangs and members. People in quality gangs who flame new ones will simply get removed. Only shite gangs allow thier members to flame newcomers.

Time Converter - people can just check using the windows clock what the hour offset between timezones is, then they just add that to thier current time and hey presto. You have to be seriously retarded not to realise that.

Gang Ally Post -

this is unecessary. If a gang wishes to express an alliance or an enmity with another gang, they can simply add it to their official gang member list. Additionally, this thread is full of spam.

Poll: What About - this poll was to decide whether each gang should have its own area. This is a pointless suggestion because the current system of one area for all gangs allows them to interact freely and it allows information threads, such as the member list, to be in the same place as all gang discussions.

MSG TO EVERYONE - hasn't been replied in since October 2003. It's both dead and irrelevant.

rules - remove the rules thread?! The fact is that the staff are not involved sufficiently with the community to intervene when conflicts arise. If people wish to flame, they will simply be despised by the high quality members and won't be able to get into any high quality clans because of this.

Suspended Gang - this, again, is not required. Gangs who cheat or use modifications in public or tournament games will be identified by the people they play against and will therefore be despised. Of course, those who use cheats or modifications in private games aren't harming anyone.

QUICK NOTE TO GANGS - this was a memo to inform gangs that there was no minimum post count to start a gang any more. Any new gangs won't be aware this rule ever existed, so this thread is now redundant. I started SSR without fifty posts and that didn't cause any problems. In fact, we were very well received.

The two most recent announcements ("FORUM CLEANUP" and "we apologise") should be left as they are still active. However, they should be removed once they become redundant imho.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Parents have prevented me from accessing the computer all through this, so I'll just comment on the aftermath.

There are twelve topics set as announcements or pinned threads. Here are the ones I reckon should be removed:-

2 day rule for regulars - this is simply not required. People who flame will be resented by the quality gangs and members. People in quality gangs who flame new ones will simply get removed. Only shite gangs allow thier members to flame newcomers.

Time Converter - people can just check using the windows clock what the hour offset between timezones is, then they just add that to thier current time and hey presto. You have to be seriously :o not to realise that.

Gang Ally Post -

this is unecessary. If a gang wishes to express an alliance or an enmity with another gang, they can simply add it to their official gang member list. Additionally, this thread is full of spam.

Poll: What About - this poll was to decide whether each gang should have its own area. This is a pointless suggestion because the current system of one area for all gangs allows them to interact freely and it allows information threads, such as the member list, to be in the same place as all gang discussions.

MSG TO EVERYONE - hasn't been replied in since October 2003. It's both dead and irrelevant.

rules - remove the rules thread?! The fact is that the staff are not involved sufficiently with the community to intervene when conflicts arise. If people wish to flame, they will simply be despised by the high quality members and won't be able to get into any high quality clans because of this.

Suspended Gang - this, again, is not required. Gangs who cheat or use modifications in public or tournament games will be identified by the people they play against and will therefore be despised. Of course, those who use cheats or modifications in private games aren't harming anyone.

QUICK NOTE TO GANGS - this was a memo to inform gangs that there was no minimum post count to start a gang any more. Any new gangs won't be aware this rule ever existed, so this thread is now redundant. I started SSR without fifty posts and that didn't cause any problems. In fact, we were very well received.

The two most recent announcements ("FORUM CLEANUP" and "we apologise") should be left as they are still active. However, they should be removed once they become redundant imho.

I notice this area is now much clearer...did someone actually take my advice? :)

DeathB, I don't understand what you are talking about. :oops:

We in FKU tried to read all msg's from the mods before starting the gang

but i guess not too many gang do that

• 2 weeks later...
when the forums get slow forum mods tend to do their job more as theres nothing else to do ;)
Aha, I see. Any chance you guys could play with the forum templates so that it can be viewed at 800x600 resolution? I still have to access it from the local library which, like most public access points, uses a low desktop size so everything is nice and big for the elderly users.

The line beneath the user links in the top right seems to be what makes the page unable to collapse small enough. Changing it to an HR element might solve this, or just plain removing it.

I think he means the message board itself be run in 800 x 600; not just the user's desktop resolution...

:shock:

I have to agree with Cerbera on this one...

800 x 600 is for people with bad eyes

Ah if thats with he means i dunno .

Its also for people that hate that the stupid icons become soooooooooooooo small on your screen , like me :)

BTW Chill: i didnt block you, i rarely block ,im just never online, ill have a check when i log in maybe later.