A simple command

Leeuwis

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to scripting in LUA and I need some help with a simple script I made and I get an annoying "bad argument" or something. Maybe I've done something wrong or something I don't know the MTA Script Editor is not giving any errors for me, only when I run my server it says http://puu.sh/5AeTH.png if some one would be kind and help me with my problem would be nice :)

local argument = nil 
local x,y,z = 0, 0 ,0 

function createFire (thePlayer, command, argument) 
    if thePlayer == ("admin") then 
         local x,y,z = getElementPosition (thePlayer) 
         local argument = nil 
         createFire ( 0, 0, 0, 1.-- s8) -->
         else outputChatBox ("Fuck off please, don't try again.") 
    end 
end 
addCommandHandler (createfire, createFire) 

1.8) is supposed to be 1.8 only it displays something else on this forum. It displays normally in my MTA script Editor

1. You can't name your function the same as an existing MTA function, otherwise you override it. Rename your function to something else.

2. You need to put your command in quotations, as it's a string. The way you have it now as just createFire, it's looking for a variable called createFire, no variable of that name exists so it's returning nil.

3. Use proper indentation! Else should be in line with if, outputChatBox should be on a seperate line.

4. You realize that on line 5, it's going to check if the player element is == "admin" (Hint: it won't be)

5. You're using local incorrectly... In fact, line 1, 2, and 7 as far as I can see are useless.

6. You're creating a fire at 0,0,0? Uh, why are you getting player position then?

Here's I guess what you meant to do.

function fireAtPlayer(player) 
    if (true) then --replace with an admin check, use getElementData/setElementData after they login to verify they are admin? Or use ACL to check their permissions 
        local x,y,z = getElementPosition(playeR) 
        createFire(x,y,z,1.
    else 
        outputChatBox("You're not an admin",player) 
    end 
end 

1. You can't name your function the same as an existing MTA function, otherwise you override it. Rename your function to something else.

2. You need to put your command in quotations, as it's a string. The way you have it now as just createFire, it's looking for a variable called createFire, no variable of that name exists so it's returning nil.

3. Use proper indentation! Else should be in line with if, outputChatBox should be on a seperate line.

4. You realize that on line 5, it's going to check if the player element is == "admin" (Hint: it won't be)

5. You're using local incorrectly... In fact, line 1, 2, and 7 as far as I can see are useless.

6. You're creating a fire at 0,0,0? Uh, why are you getting player position then?

Here's I guess what you meant to do.

function fireAtPlayer(player) 
    if (true) then --replace with an admin check, use getElementData/setElementData after they login to verify they are admin? Or use ACL to check their permissions 
        local x,y,z = getElementPosition(playeR) 
        createFire(x,y,z,1.
    else 
        outputChatBox("You're not an admin",player) 
    end 
end 

Thanks man, you're helpfull.