B~Ware Crew ("No Comment") presents their 2nd stunt vid IWTB

Thx, for the reply's

We are btw no1 in the Top10 Downloads (Downloads: 1025) :)8):)

TGA is working again

Nosgoth wrote:

The font is called Pricedown. Dunno where I got it though.

Just search on google: "gtavc font pricedown" You'll find it easily :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i agree NosGoth, but hey, just wait till Prokopis watches the vid, than youll get a 100 lines post :lol:

Still waiting for his reply :D

Btw my opinion about the new vids: 8)

I dont think our vid is the best or something. But it's a pity that for the last 3 months I've havent seen much very good movies on this forum.

I liked the old times (more than a half year ago) where multiple good vids where posted every week.

But most of the creaters of those vids stopped making movies after several vids (me 2).

The movies u see now on this forum are mostly newbie vids (I dont think those vids sux, cause nobody's 1st try is perfect :D ). But I wanna see that good old movies, the next parts of the movies that made me created vids myself. Those vids with a special feeling :D. I stopped creating vids cause its very hard to create a better vid (more original spots, original stunts), and I'm waiting for San Andreas that will unleash a whole new stunt area :P. But maybe I'm going to create a new (not stunt) gtavc vid.

So, I dont feel the need to create a better vid (higher stunting quality) cause when I watched all those vids, there are less vids around with a much better stunting quality. I hope some really nice vids are coming 8). :thumbright:

Well Zomlan as you may know all good stunts are already done and it's getting harder and harder to pull of new unique stunts. I personally (and I think I speak for most people) can't wait untill San Andreas is released. I think that after a month lots of cool video's will show up. :)

So in a nuttshell: Vice City is old and we want a new stuntingarea. 8)

Heh.

To tell you the truth, first I couldn't get the vid cause it was released during the Easter holidays where I wasn't home to use my DSL; I had to try with a 56k modem, but TGA wouldn't oblige :/ So I got it somewhat later thanks to Robpol's mirroring and by the time that happened and I was home again, too much work hit me and I was very busy to sit down and write something serious about it, other than "excellent", "deserves its 1st place @ TGA d/l's", etc, etc and I didn't want to post just for that. Besides I think you got plenty of congrats on all sites where it was presented.

After another 10 days or so, I found the time to sit down and type out my comments, but by the time all was done with, I just thought it'd be too lame to post/bump (like 20 days later); it'd just look like I was living in my own little time period and a bit weird for the vid too :?.

Anyways, I dunno why, but I've kept the reply somewhere around here and if you guys really care to see it, I guess I could give it some final touches and post it.

So there's a one page post saying why another one page post wasn't made. Don't you just love irony?

Edit: Forgot this:

Well Zomlan as you may know all good stunts are already done and it's getting harder and harder to pull of new unique stunts.[...]

I intend to prove that wrong during the summer ;).

Heh.

Anyways, I dunno why, but I've kept the reply somewhere around here and if you guys really care to see it, I guess I could give it some final touches and post it.

I really care btw :D :D :D

U can also give a more short opnion or something :)

Sorry for the repeated delays; things were constantly keeping me busy lately. Here's what my first comments and the rest of the stuff I wanted to say now shaped into in the end. Enjoy the double pager!

Lol yeah it was a pretty orsm vid, wasn' it :)?

Okay first off, this is really good. It rightly stands out as a very serious production and I'm glad you guys took the time to make it that way. Also glad to see that quality videos are still coming out despite the lately much recited clichees that "everything's been done by now" and the like. Hopefully the community can get the message that there's still plenty of things to do - both completely new and improvements over older ones - before we call VC stuntin dead and plant it in its grave; trust me, that time will come on its own and probly won't be announced by anyone.

K, nuff babblin. On to the show:

General issues / Story:

Story wasn't the most carefully thought out plot of all time, but since it was only meant to be a side dish to the action, I ate it up pleasantly; loved the spooky mood of your intro too. Vid had a funny angle to it also, with stuff like Big Momma's huge tits, the breaking vase audio enhanced catastrophe, Rosenberg playing Morpheus (why not Lance? he'd fit the part better :/) and other such stuff. In the end I think it gave it lighter tone and kept it more enjoyable. Also outro worked just fine for me; Jordan might be exaggerating a bit there...

Appearance / Overall look:

Well, it wasn't the most clear and crisp show of all time, but @ 700kbps 360x288 I wouldn't demand perfection. I suppose you coulda bumped the reso up to 640x480 at some bitrate that wouldn't throw the filesize way over 70-80 megs in total (something around 1000-1200kbps?) and get a kind of better result from that, but I can also see why you'd want to try n' keep it smaller given that it's 12 mins long (a high enough bitrate woulda send it well past the 100MB limit, but I still think there was a middle road... meh anyway). Sound was cool and clear @ 64kbps and keep in mind for the future that as long as you keep it below 192 (128 is ideal IMO), it'll never bloat your vid up significantly. Ummm, yeah so go for 128 next time :). Edit: Since we're into nitpicking anyway, I just forgot to say I agree on the slight overusage of transitions. Quite a few of them not to say the least, but definitely not a major issue. Just a note for next time.

Music:

Again, liked the intro, being the X-Files fan that I am/was. That remix I think is by DJ Dado back from the days of 1995, so you might want to look into that in your sound credits ;) (you credit it to enya and I don't even know who that is). Rest of the audio was decent as well. A slight prob in the quality of the 4th song (sounded like 48Kbps or something), but nothing beyond that. On what Jordan said, personally I don't mind the repeated use of famous scores too much, from the Matrix or anywhere else, when there's a point in putting them in (e.g. helps tell the story, fits the mood, etc) and it's good music. As long as the above conditions are met, I'll respect any vid makers' decisions on the sound department and once again, I was cool with yours. Overall I gotta say though, I liked your song choises in "No Comment" much better; you can't hope to beat Gorillaz and Fatboy Slim with Placebo, wtf?!?! :P

Anyway, it's the stunts that count, so let's talk about those a bit.

First, a slightly more general observation. Seeing the various vids from different times and crews, you can't really help not notice how the personality of some productions completely varies from others' with regard to content and stunt selection. For instance in IWTB you mainly focused on car bumps, roof climbs and reeches and had very few grinds, explosion stunts, corkscrews, or walltaps, whereas in other vids one can see the clip choises are quite different and other things were given more weight to (like how lately Barney's work keeps havin more and more grinds and not much of anything else, you know?). Naturally different stunt kinds appeal to different ppl and they'll rate them accordingly, so I guess where I'm getting at is, putting all your eggs in one basker (or few) will affect the viewers' judgement equally and you risk having a wider spectrum of them left half-pleased. Personally I like climbs and reeches myself (car bumps not that much), so I found most of the caps really good and interesting, but others might not. On the other hand, it's your vid, so it's really your call what you decide to go with or not in the end. It's just that more ppl will like a vid with a wider variety better. Hope you see my point here.

More about IWTB now, I was glad to see there were very few filler stunts in it; always a telltale sign that ppl are takin things seriously. I don't think many can deny you had some awesome caps in there - whether they're into that kinda stunts or not - and the quality was kept pretty high all through it. In fact, at some point I wrote down a couple of notes to keep track of what I wanted to see again and after a while, it sorta turned into my top 10 stunts list. Then I figured "since I already went there, why not post it n' see what others think themselves?". So I did. Mind you, that doesn't mean the rest of the stuff isn't as good or anything, it's just that those 10 I found to be more to my taste than any other.

1) 10:34 - triple spin car bump launch over the airport billboards

2) 2:56 - 6 spin car bump to DTPD roof

3) 6:35 - mud track bump on the Rhino

4) 7:30 - palm launch SE of VPPD (amazing if it had made it to the other roof)

5) 9:51 - SS stairs 2000+ car bump spin

6) 0:57 - Hyman waters jump 2+2 spins

7) 7:45 - PCJ high car bump behind the airport ads fence

8.) 3:24 - SS car bump 4 spin roof climb

9) 4:11 - VCN pushride

10) 3:07 - 360 long launch @ SVP (SE of malibu)

Oh, props on the triple stunt combo too (8:30 - 9:00). Combos are the kind of stunting I'd surely like to see more of in future productions, although they are a bit hard to get while keeping all the stunts interesting enough at the same time. Edit: There's a nice double between 10:12 and 10:22 as well.

On a more technical note, I don't see what Jordan meant by "the 7:08 and 8:00 stunts stand out" (don't think there's any clip starting @ those times either :?), but I have to say the 7:13 one somewhat illustrates what I was suggesting in some other thread months back about using cool cinematics and 2nd shots of the same stunt you might have (i.e. using them during the clip and not afterwards, where you end up showing it twice, which is lame). Hope ppl noticed :). Other times of course you just chose to simply replay the stunt in slomo, which doesn't really help bring it out IMO. When ppl see a really cool stunt, they'll remember and/or replay it again, so no need to bother doing it yourself and waste your vid's time on that, plus generally slomo is tiresome (I musta counted 3-4 instances of it in IWTB I think). Try to leave those out to make things faster and more relaxing for your viewers.

BTW NosGoth, IMO you shouldn't rush to dismiss what Jordan has to say right off the bat (if you weren't kiddin about that I mean). You know how tended his vids usually are and the level of quality he tries to maintain in them; like it or not, his work is very professional and usually stands out among everything else on the scene. If you want to be honest, you gotta give him that, so when he talks I'd say he deserves at least the benefit of the doubt. Of course I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

To finish this off, I'd just want to remind you that in time and after everything's been said and all the hype's settled down, what really comes to count, what will really separate famous from infamous is a vid's replay value and its overall contribution to the community. For what my opinion's worth, I think IWTB is something you can easily watch again even months from now and still enjoy it. Hell, it may even have revived the interest (and competition) in many among the ranks of VC stunters out there and that's something always vital to keeping the scene alive.

K, that's all. Hope I've been more helpful than annoying :o.