Reviving MTA:DayZ development. Support us!

-ffs-Sniper

It's Really Nice To see People Trying to bring back that amazing community I Can help A little i guess, (I Was there When the first fourm of mta dayZ Was created marwin and some other admins Were talking about some new features And it looked Promosing But then They just dropped out of the Vave games Community And that was really sad to destroy The amazing community they built)

I'm glad that this is getting picked up, it's sad seeing the mess that those Brazilians have done over at mtaz.wikiforum.net, it took me sodding forever to translate their version and remove useless bits of code but there is something I'd really, really like to request you remove, and remove it forever.

The forcing in the server hostname. Sure I'll support you but I don't want to have to cram my server's name behind all the useless farce of GTA:SA DAYZ VERSION [LOCATION HERE] | SOMEFORCEDADVERTISING.COM | OH YOU WANTED YOUR SERVER TO BE UNIQUE TOO BAD ENJOY IT GETTING CROPPED OFF IN THE BROWSER.

It's annoying, very intrusive and worse of all you can put the site reference somewhere else where it will be seen more clearly, for example on the hud.

• 2 weeks later...
There is. You should have asked this question in scripting board.

XML, SQL Are ways of saving.

Yeah, this gamemode brings a database already, I belive it's called "internal.db" Not sure.

Every 4 hours or so it freezes everyone in the server and saves all the userfiles.

Now my question is, how can I make it so I can choose WHEN to force that saving, that way I can save the files before restarting the server, because I just restarted it and it rollbacked all the files to the point where it last saved them.

To be honest, I was excited at the first moment this was posted here, but after some days I just lost the interest, I mean, I offered help (with the site/forum), talked with sniper, done some "forum prototypes" and all, but he just said nothing to me (he was never online at skype) and put another guy in the place to do the work (who doesn't put the website on till today, 2 months have passed).

I have nothing against sniper or the other guy (who is Global Mod here), but I just got upset with this situation. :/

To be honest, I was excited at the first moment this was posted here, but after some days I just lost the interest, I mean, I offered help (with the site/forum), talked with sniper, done some "forum prototypes" and all, but he just said nothing to me (he was never online at skype) and put another guy in the place to do the work (who doesn't put the website on till today, 2 months have passed).

I have nothing against sniper or the other guy (who is Global Mod here), but I just got upset with this situation. :/

also me ... +1

I have a full time + OT job doing C# programming and IT, live an hour away from work. My free time is maybe 2 hours a day. I don't want to spend all that time working even more. The website will be up when it's up. I have tried multiple paths to the site now. I have now a setup that will work, but it needs a front end. If you can customize phpbb, Titania, and anchor to all work together perfectly overnight, be my guest and do it. I spent half of January moving into a new place that was 20 miles away, working on my truck, doing housework. I am not some kid who can spend all day on his PC doing whatever. Basics are in place, but they look like shit.

I can either release a half assed website that's usable but doesn't look right, or I can spend my time during my lunch breaks and available afterwork/weekend time doing it right. I chose the latter.

I have a full time + OT job doing C# programming and IT, live an hour away from work. My free time is maybe 2 hours a day. I don't want to spend all that time working even more. The website will be up when it's up. I have tried multiple paths to the site now. I have now a setup that will work, but it needs a front end. If you can customize phpbb, Titania, and anchor to all work together perfectly overnight, be my guest and do it. I spent half of January moving into a new place that was 20 miles away, working on my truck, doing housework. I am not some kid who can spend all day on his PC doing whatever. Basics are in place, but they look like :~.

I can either release a half assed website that's usable but doesn't look right, or I can spend my time during my lunch breaks and available afterwork/weekend time doing it right. I chose the latter.

Like I said, I don't have nothing against you or sniper, or even "why the website isn't online already". I just put my upset and lack of interest about the mod because of this situations.

And before you start to be equivocated, be sure that I'm not a kid who lives the entirely day playing on PC, I work as a Linux/Windows System Administrator (even more time than I should work) and even living VERY close to my work, I spend at least one hour to reach my home (too much traffic in the roads), I know that routine.

For the forum system, I recommend (even if there's a need to purchase a license, who isn't too expensive) using IPB, because it's easily to configure him, add new themes or plugins and, the time you will lose configuring new plugins on phpBB AND configuring Titania, just not worth it, trust me. And, if you decide to use IPB, I have made thousands of forums using him, I know how to configure, just PM me.

Hello!

I just set up a test server to test this out. I'm new to MTA and used a dayz script for SA-MP and it was trash.

We found this one and we LOVE it! The capabilities MTA has is astounding!

I sent you a PM regarding purchasing.

Also, our console is spammed with this:

[2014-02-22 11:33:24] WARNING: [DayZ-MTA]\DayZ\survivorSystem.lua_dayz:0: Bad argument @ 'destroyElement' [Expected element at argument 1, got nil] 
[2014-02-22 11:33:25] WARNING: [DayZ-MTA]\DayZ\survivorSystem.lua_dayz:0: Bad argument @ 'destroyElement' [Expected element at argument 1, got boolean] 
[2014-02-22 11:33:27] WARNING: [DayZ-MTA]\DayZ\survivorSystem.lua_dayz:0: Bad argument @ 'destroyElement' [Expected element at argument 1, got boolean] 
[2014-02-22 11:33:32] WARNING: @[DayZ-MTA]\slothbot\sbserver.lua:1133 Bad argument @ 'giveWeapon' [Expected element at argument 1] 
[2014-02-22 11:33:32] WARNING: @[DayZ-MTA]\slothbot\sbserver.lua:1133 Bad argument @ 'giveWeapon' [Expected element at argument 1] 
[2014-02-22 11:34:45] ERROR: admin\server\admin_server.lua:1456: Admin security - Client/player mismatch from [iP ADDRESS HIDDEN FOR SECURITY AND PRIVACY OF PLAYER](onElementDataChange humanity) 
[2014-02-22 11:35:52] WARNING: [DayZ-MTA]\DayZ\survivorSystem.lua_dayz:0: Bad argument @ 'destroyElement' [Expected element at argument 1, got boolean] 
[2014-02-22 11:35:53] WARNING: [DayZ-MTA]\DayZ\pickups.lua_dayz:0: Bad argument @ 'getElementData' [Expected element at argument 1, got nil] 
[2014-02-22 11:35:53] WARNING: [DayZ-MTA]\DayZ\pickups.lua_dayz:0: Bad argument @ 'destroyElement' [Expected element at argument 1, got boolean] 
[2014-02-22 11:35:53] WARNING: [DayZ-MTA]\DayZ\pickups.lua_dayz:0: Bad argument @ 'destroyElement' [Expected element at argument 1, got nil] 
[2014-02-22 11:35:53] WARNING: [DayZ-MTA]\DayZ\pickups.lua_dayz:0: Bad argument @ 'getElementData' [Expected element at argument 1, got nil] 
[2014-02-22 11:35:53] WARNING: [DayZ-MTA]\DayZ\pickups.lua_dayz:0: Bad argument @ 'destroyElement' [Expected element at argument 1, got boolean] 
[2014-02-22 11:35:53] WARNING: [DayZ-MTA]\DayZ\pickups.lua_dayz:0: Bad argument @ 'destroyElement' [Expected element at argument 1, got nil] 

I removed the ip address of a player for security reasons