Reviving MTA:DayZ development. Support us!

-ffs-Sniper

Which direction will this be taking?

Are you going to make it more old school (when it first started), relying on (GTA SA) atmosphere and pure gameplay with as little distractions as possible? Or will you just add a bunch of off-putting, unneeded resources and features hoping to get all the 3rd worlders who cannot run ARMA 2 to play this?

ffs sniper

can you script in dayz ?

like this

#playerdie was killed by #playerkill with #weaponkill do you ?

and map download is corrupted

Friend, it is not worth it, but you can find it in the community ...

Edited by Guest

Are you going to make it more old school (when it first started), relying on (GTA SA) atmosphere and pure gameplay with as little distractions as possible? Or will you just add a bunch of off-putting, unneeded resources and features hoping to get all the 3rd worlders who cannot run ARMA 2 to play this?

This is actually one of the main questions in our current development. Your point is fully justified.

Currently there are two versions of the original DayZ to choose from, standalone and ARMA 2 mod. At first we will most likely stick to the ARMA 2 mod techniques and gameplay. Our aim is on improving/polishing the current MTA:DayZ mod to create ARMA 2 mod-like atmosphere. New features will mostly be related to the balance, playability and handling of the gamemode.

I'm curious if you wouldn't mind going into more detail. As of now, it's less of a _clone_ of ArmA2 DayZ, but mainly in the 'basic' sense. We have the UI, ideals, but not trying to clone the game 100%. It's definitely still an interpretation of DayZ for MTA.

I'm curious if you wouldn't mind going into more detail. As of now, it's less of a _clone_ of ArmA2 DayZ, but mainly in the 'basic' sense. We have the UI, ideals, but not trying to clone the game 100%. It's definitely still an interpretation of DayZ for MTA.

I wonder how this the progress on the site, there will be a forum? I want to opine enough the best possible way of course.

Well, what I meant was the massive amount of changes. From player skins over weapon skins to vehicle skins. It loses the GTA SA charm and feels like a completely different game. Not to mention the changes made to the map (car wrecks, trash, rubble, etc) which look totally out of place. Probably due to the lightning and the fact that those models were never meant to be placed there.

The other annoyance are all the extra resources which remove all the immersion such a gamemode could have. The HUD is cluttered with redundant information. Sometimes it has 3 elements telling you your location, custom health and ammo bars, which aren't even needed, ping displays, kill counters, etc. The worst thing are the join/quit messages and the global chat though.

Maybe some people (the 3rd worlders) like that ricer mess, but there are some of us who liked it more when it was still a simple gamemode and who would like it even more if it became more "sophisticated" and "hardcore".

Well, what I meant was the massive amount of changes. From player skins over weapon skins to vehicle skins. It loses the GTA SA charm...

Friend I understand you, these modifications can even be welcome, but nothing as HD and desproporcinal the GTA. I have an idea of HUD and when there be a forum for specific MTA DayZ will post this idea.

Well, what I meant was the massive amount of changes. From player skins over weapon skins to vehicle skins. It loses the GTA SA charm and feels like a completely different game. Not to mention the changes made to the map (car wrecks, trash, rubble, etc) which look totally out of place. Probably due to the lightning and the fact that those models were never meant to be placed there.

The other annoyance are all the extra resources which remove all the immersion such a gamemode could have. The HUD is cluttered with redundant information. Sometimes it has 3 elements telling you your location, custom health and ammo bars, which aren't even needed, ping displays, kill counters, etc. The worst thing are the join/quit messages and the global chat though.

Maybe some people (the 3rd worlders) like that ricer mess, but there are some of us who liked it more when it was still a simple gamemode and who would like it even more if it became more "sophisticated" and "hardcore".

Well the good news for you is I am working on making it much more modular, allowing you to disable/enable features at your will. But, at the same time, a lot of what you mentioned sounds like the server you play on clutters it. I can tell you that the base gamemode doesn't have a lot of that crap. I'll be updating this week with my new UI as well as the website hopefully.

Well the good news for you is I am working on making it much more modular, allowing you to disable/enable features at your will. But, at the same time, a lot of what you mentioned sounds like the server you play on clutters it. I can tell you that the base gamemode doesn't have a lot of that crap. I'll be updating this week with my new UI as well as the website hopefully.

In that case I'm looking forward to see how it turns out.

Hey guys, quick question, in any of the future updates(hopefully soon), do you guys plan on changing the inventory look?

That's not in our immediate list of issues. This gamemode needs a lot of work in a lot of places. Our site hopefully will be up at the end of the week, I've been really busy and unable to work on it. Once it is up though, my intention is to have some public list of fixes so that the community can know what we have in store.

How much it is?

With this script

#playerdie was killed by #playerkill with #weaponkill

Of course i will buy ur server files......

You can script that yourself without the source. :roll:

It hard bro

I ready try by my self

You know what happened?

Message are same

#playerdie was die

But the player die is never spawn allias he not die

It's dayz not same with teamdeathmatch or anything

And i want to buy new version of DayZ

And i need help for make that script