Reviving MTA:DayZ development. Support us!

-ffs-Sniper

(Read this if you would like to know what happened to Vavegames.net)

(Also read if you would like to know where to download the server files in the future)

Update 4th Dec 2013:

NEW 0.6 r292 VERSION RELEASED!

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR LATEST SERVER FILES BELOW!

Unbenannt4.jpg

Dear MTA community,

It may have come to your attention that MTA is currently being flooded with the so called "DayZ" servers. Yet, this game-mode brought thousands of new players to our beloved MTA, due to players looking for a free alternative to the original DayZ Arma II mod. This matter has received so much attention outside the MTA community that even bloggers started to review the game-mode conversion.

On this occasion I would like to tell you more about the actual development history of the game-mode and its future since there has been a lot of confusion about it recently:

The original idea of bringing DayZ to MTA was realized by the German scripter Marwin a.k.a. |LT|Marwin. Starting off as a hobby, the very first alpha versions were noticeably unstable and flawed, however players were still fascinated by the idea of a full Arma II conversion to MTA. After months of hard work and essential help from the community MTA:DayZ finally hit the most stable version a0.5.6 with support for third-party add-ons and most features from the original DayZ being implemented. At this point Marwin decided to search for new contributors replacing him as main developers. At that point I stepped in and continued developing DayZ by tidying up the code base a bit and fixing major bugs, those releases have been named the so called "0.6 nightlies" of which the latest version was 0.6 r256 till 4th Dec 2013.

So what happened to Vavegames.net (the official community and download site of MTA:DayZ)?

To keep it short: Everyone lacked time to continue this project and simply left the homepage to die in the summer of 2013.

Right now I am the only active one left in the possession of the source code and SVN access. I do not want this project to die or let some childish Latin scripters ruin the mode with their illegally decompiled and shi.tty edited versions of MTA:DayZ.

The future plans

As a conclusion I decided to do the following to bring it back to life:

> Find a crew to continue further development of MTA:DayZ.

> Main focus will be on fixing bugs and rewriting the core.

> As for the beginning MTA:DayZ will remain closed-source just like it has always been.

However, there is one major problem with this: I neither have the nerves to set up a CMS based forum software nor do I have the time to manage the entire community.

How can you help me?

See this forum post for our current staffing needs.

Update 10th Mar 2014

Our website is now up and running! Check it out at http://www.mtadayz.net/

DOWNLOAD

dload.php?up_id=69196

0.6 r292 Changelog:

* [NEW] Added safer encryption method to .lua_dayz files

* [NEW] Minimum required server and client version is now 1.3.4

* [FIXED] Passengers being able to turn off vehicle engine

* [uPDATED] Changed vavegames.net references to mtadayz.net

* [uPDATED] New player prone animation

* [uPDATED] While lying down visiblity is now 0

* [uPDATED] License and ReadMe

Thank you for your attention. I would highly appreciate it if you could spread this to other MTA:DayZ communities as well, so their owners will be able to get to know about this.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Hey Sniper, simstosh (or SimS™) from the old Vavegames community (I have the source files too, but let's say they are a little "outdated", because I just got the source from 0.5.6 version with Marwin but forgot to take before the forums goes off). Or, to be more "specific", with you (from ffs servers) one of the official community servers since dayz-mta.net forums :)

I can help and, more than that, offer a forum ready service with a very specific domain for this "project". I own a forum about the DayZ Mod in my country (dayz.com.br). We already have a category about DayZ MTA created, but with some adjusts we can easily setup a specific section to talk about the MTA version...

(Oh, almost forgot, I'm 21)

I'm open to any talk, suggestions or something like that. I really want that this awesome project goes forward.

OFF: And when you say "childish latin scripters", we all know you are talking specifically about us, Brazilians...

But don't worry, this is completely true, there are many childish guys here that just f*cks everything they touch, since SA:MP and 2006+. :lol:

Hey Sniper, simstosh (or SimS™) from the old Vavegames community (I have the source files too, but let's say they are a little "outdated", because I just get the source from 0.5.6 version with Marwin). Or, to be more "specific", with you (from ffs servers) one of the official community servers since dayz-mta.net forums :)

I can help and, more than that, offer a forum ready service with a very specific domain for this "project". I own a forum about the DayZ Mod in my country (dayz.com.br). We already have a category about DayZ MTA created, but with some adjusts we can easily setup a specific section to talk about the MTA version...

I'm open to any talk, suggestions or something like that. I really want that this awesome project goes forward.

Thanks for your quick answer, I appreciate!

As for the forum I have the following expectations:

-Main language has to be English

-No fusion with already-existing communities, must be pure dedication to MTA:DayZ

-Some kind of "download plugin" where you can manage files (I think it was a IP.Board plugin back then at Vavegames)

-(Possibility to donate via PayPal/SMS)

-Domain name is not so important atm

Would it be possible for you or anyone to fulfill those?

Well, I can manage something like mta.dayz.com.br (for the domain, this can be changed at any moment), and setup something now, at least to show you something today. Everything (download plugin, donation system) is possible, I'm just concerned about the CMS Forum System we can use. I mean, IP.Board is paid, but we can use phpBB (like this forum), I just need to search about the plugins...

I will search now. D:

I know this may sound funny but why are you underestimating latin scripters?

Anyways, turning back on to the subject, I do enjoy this gamemode. However, as far as I've found out, code is quite shitty (with tons of repetitions and further typical structured-paradigm features.

What I was thinking, as we can clearly find many, many bugs apart from those unoptimized plugins (lags in many ways and fps drops) I was wondering if you wouldn't actually start rewriting it from scratch. Imagine having to rewrite the item system from server-side to client-side in order to prevent duping... or, am I wrong? It would be easier for you and your developers to clean the code and further develop plug-ins and additions.

As I've once tried to help Open MTADayZ and couldn't due to lack of time I'm not applying here since I'm pretty sure 'til mid-Dec I'm not able to cooperate...

Anyways, hope you take maybe that into account

I know this may sound funny but why are you underestimating latin scripters?

Like I said, I think he's talking about the "childish Brazilian scripters", because in the game and at the VaveGames community, the Brazilian scripters/users are always find a way to "f*ck" the mod, decompiling, putting thousands of mods and scripts, cheating or abusing admin powers, ruining the experience of the game and the community as itself.

Obviously this isn't a "Brazilian" privilege, but as a Brazilian, I need to confirm that they are majority. :twisted:

However, as far as I've found out, code is quite :~ (with tons of repetitions and further typical structured-paradigm features.

What I was thinking, as we can clearly find many, many bugs apart from those unoptimized plugins (lags in many ways and fps drops) I was wondering if you wouldn't actually start rewriting it from scratch.

> Main focus will be on fixing bugs and rewriting the core.

That's pretty much what I am planning to do. Though we are going to do this part-by-part so we can still release updates.

As I've once tried to help Open MTADayZ and couldn't due to lack of time I'm not applying here since I'm pretty sure 'til mid-Dec I'm not able to cooperate...

There is a problem about Open DayZ: Development is pretty slow and there has not been too much activity recently. Also, after the first stable release it would take several months for the gamemode to establish as an alternative or successor to MTA:DayZ.

I do not like dayz for me then whatever.

So why are you posting here? Get back to the cave you came from.

-------------------

I will soon be posting a temporary download link in here for the most recent 0.6 r276. Stay tuned!

You treated in a manner much wrong Brazilians, it offends everyone. You must think "illegal" "uncredited" versions that is not true because all releases posted by the Brazilian forum mtaz brings all the credits of criadores.Não wanted to create anything illegal. So wanted that beautiful design does not end. (GOOGLE TRANSLATE I AM BRAZILIAN)

Hey sniper, realy awesome that you would like to revive the gamemode, also, i was the last who bought gamemode and i can tell that that there's about 10 people who own legal gamemode :)

Wanted to ask, if i have bought the gamemode and you continue developing mta: dayz, do we have any chance to get uncompiled versions too? I think i can send proof from paypal, but if we cannot get uncompiled versions then that's okay, ill just watch how good can mta dayz go ^^

And sims if you want, i can send you the newest gm!

You treated in a manner much wrong Brazilians, it offends everyone. You must think "illegal" "uncredited" versions that is not true because all releases posted by the Brazilian forum mtaz brings all the credits of criadores.Não wanted to create anything illegal. So wanted that beautiful design does not end. (GOOGLE TRANSLATE I AM BRAZILIAN)
(GOOGLE TRANSLATE I AM BRAZILIAN)

This alone sums up the purpose he posted it.

I'm latin and I found that offensive.

@Sniper: as i'm saying I don't really have enough time until the 7th of December.. Anyways, if you do really need somebody I can try to cooperate

Sniper and ProGear reached exactly where is supposed to...

I'm Brazilian too, but, honestly, they just said the truth. Only us, who are active since the first MTA:DayZ community, know why we are saying this. They just want everything ready in his hands, don't want to search for something (at least for a problem/solution), wants everything free (if you TRY to mention the word "buy", they just complain or offend you, talking shit about you), and the fact that they ALWAYS copy scripts or codes from another gamemodes or addons, and most times don't keeping the real credits.

And in the community case, they just came using "Google Translate" and asking for the "decompiled" version, or the uncompiled version for free, creating topics and more topics about this, it's so annoying... I don't discard the "possibility" of Marwin and some other developers just abandoned the project, not only because of lack of time, but the "decompiled versions" too...

To see that I'm not talking sh*t, just look the posts of Italo (in this forum). Of course the people here helped him (giving the desired code), but he says what he want and ask to fix for him, he doesn't even try to fix. Obviously there's exceptions, but mostly it's just like that.

NEW 0.6 r292 VERSION RELEASED!

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR LATEST SERVER FILES BELOW!

We have got some great news for you! Woovie, as one of the MTA forum moderators and experienced scripter has joined the project! With him being in the team, development has finally started and a website is currently in work and we bought the mtadayz.net domain. Yet we are still looking for skilled helpers particularly for our website.

Furthermore, we set up temporary download links for the latest server files and DayZ map files. You can find those at the bottom of this topic.

DOWNLOAD

dload.php?up_id=69196

0.6 r292 Changelog:

* [NEW] Added safer encryption method to .lua_dayz files

* [NEW] Minimum required server and client version is now 1.3.4

* [FIXED] Passengers being able to turn off vehicle engine

* [uPDATED] Changed vavegames.net references to mtadayz.net

* [uPDATED] New player prone animation

* [uPDATED] While lying down visiblity is now 0

* [uPDATED] License and ReadMe

What do you mean? Which file is corrupted? The download works just fine for me.

When I open the file. "Zip" in WinRAR an error message appears. "Unexpected end of file", did not quite understand what it means, but I think it is corrupt.