How to run MTA - Completely Explained.

Guest [UltGC]Clan

Were these instructions helpful?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Were these instructions helpful?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Kind of.

I'm actually, as you can see, very new to MTA. Fine product you guys! Can't wait for the release of MTA 0.4! Keep up the good work! 8)

I must say though that I am not an owner of VC so I'm quite mad at the fact that I can't play the better version of MTA. That's my problem though! :wink:

There are many servers around actually, you may need to search for them though with ASE- All Seeing Eye.

When you find a server that you desire to play on, start the GTA3 Launcher. Then start up MTA Mode. When GTA3 starts, click "Start Game", and "Start MultiTheftAuto"©. Once the credits appear, press ALT+TAB and connect to the desired server. Once connected, "Send Request to Play MTA".

Click on GTA3 on the taskbar, and you're set!

To create a server, you will first need to configure it. In the GTA3 Launcher, select "Configure Server". You will get a box with various options such as:

--Server Name.

--Maximum number of clients (players).

--Gamemodes (currently unconfigurable).

--Port.

--ASE.

To create a public server:

Choose a server name that will be appealing to your guests. Afterwards set the maximum clients to an amount suitable to the speed of your connection. Remember, your upstream is usually slower than the downstream, so choose a good low amount for slow connections.

EX: 56K Dial-Up modems should be set around 8, while DSL or Cable should be set around the higher numbers.

Next, select a port. Your port doesn't need to be be changed, unless you are an advanced computer user. If you are unsure leave it at default port 2003.

Make sure that your server's ASE button is green on the server configuration menu or users wont see it on the ASE list!

To create a local server:

Choose a server name that will be appealing to your guests. Afterwards set the maximum clients to an amount suitable to the speed of your connection. Since your server will be local, you are most likely using a high-speed connection from 10-100MBPS.

EX: All local servers should be set at 32, because the connection is fast.

Next, select a port. Your port doesn't need to be be changed, unless you are an advanced computer user. If you are unsure leave it at default port 2003.

Make sure that your server's ASE button is red on the server configuration menu so users wont see it on the ASE list!

If you want to play on your own server, you can launch MTA after starting your server and type in IP address 127.0.0.1. The server will join the computer's open protocol that is running the server.