[REL]Group System

Smart.

I'm testing this system in my server and sometimes the players lose his team (the founder) so the team is deleted, any bug there? No errors in the debugscript, sometimes the bug is in this line:
function printManagment(player) 
    if (player) then player = client end 
    local group = getPlayerGroup(client) 
    for ind, data in pairs(GAC) do 
        if (data[1] == group) then 
            local rank, warning, joined, lastTime = GAC[ind][2], GAC[ind][3],GAC[ind][4], GAC[ind][5] 
            triggerClientEvent(client, "groupSystem.addToList", client, tostring(ind), rank, warning, joined, lastTime, "N/A", getAccountPlayer(getAccount(ind))) --Here is the error (Bad Argument @ getAccountPlayer) 
        end 
    end 
end 
addEvent("groupSystem.print", true) 
addEventHandler("groupSystem.print", root, printManagment) 

I have no clue, haven't played MTA in ages.

whaat is the exported function to get the turf color? i mean the function that returns with r,g,b?

r,g b = getGroupChatColor(groupString)

Thanks for the positive feedback! :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm testing this system in my server and sometimes the players lose his team (the founder) so the team is deleted, any bug there? No errors in the debugscript, sometimes the bug is in this line:
            local rank, warning, joined, lastTime = GAC[ind][2], GAC[ind][3],GAC[ind][4], GAC[ind][5] 
            triggerClientEvent(client, "groupSystem.addToList", client, tostring(ind), rank, warning, joined, lastTime, "N/A", getAccountPlayer(getAccount(ind))) --Here is the error (Bad Argument @ getAccountPlayer) 
        end 
    end 
end 

whaat is the exported function to get the turf color? i mean the function that returns with r,g,b?

is the argument the group name?

• 2 weeks later...
        end 
    end 
end 

is the argument the group name?

yep

• 2 weeks later...
is there any turf system which works with this groups sysstem?

Take a look at this one: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=9056. Specially made to work with this group system and open source as well. Just remember to verify that the exported functions to get turf color and team color are in the meta.xml file of the group system.

<export function="getGroupChatColor" type="server"/> 
<export function="getGroupTurfColor" type="server"/> 

It's currently in an early beta state and has only been quickly scripted and tested so there are some configuration to do to make it work, like a few variable names and other exports, but except for that it seems to be pretty appreciated after all. For some reason the whole inspiration for the turf system came from this group system so a special thanks to Smart for the group system.

can you add group level..

nice works

Group level? There's group ranks already where you can modify the rank permissions?

I'm also planning on improving this system or writing some of the missing functions such as making the group logs or perhaps something else you'd like to see?

Take a look at this one: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=9056. Specially made to work with this group system and open source as well. Just remember to verify that the exported functions to get turf color and team color are in the meta.xml file of the group system.

It's currently in an early beta state and has only been quickly scripted and tested so there are some configuration to do to make it work, like a few variable names and other exports, but except for that it seems to be pretty appreciated after all. For some reason the whole inspiration for the turf system came from this group system so a special thanks to Smart for the group system.

co

thanks..

can you give me a working link for the resource 'ac-message' ?

I have a question about your turf system.. it works but when i create a turf and i capture it, then i restart the resource the turf gets created but the owner is set to 'none'

I have a question about your turf system.. it works but when i create a turf and i capture it, then i restart the resource the turf gets created but the owner is set to 'none'

Ask questions about that resource on it's own page, this thread is for the group system only.

How can I show gang and rank on the scoreboard?

getPlayerGroup(player) -- get the group string of the player

getGroupMembers(group) -- returns a table of the player(s) inside that group (not entirely sure whether I finished this function, if not I will soon)

is there getGroupTurfColor in that code ?? :?::roll:

In the server lua, I feel stupid now since I can't remember if I added these by myself or if they where included from the beginning, anyway these 2 functions can be used to get turf color and chat color, if they not in the system already it's easy to add.

function getGroupChatColor(group) 
    if (not groupTable[group]) then return 255, 255, 255 end 
    local color = fromJSON(groupTable[group][3]) 
    return color[1], color[2], color[3] 
end 

function getGroupTurfColor(group) 
    local color = fromJSON(groupTable[group][6]) 
end 

And secondly, there is a security bug in the function attemptMakeGroup(), it's explained here: http://mta.albonius.com/index.php?topic=457.0, and a solution is included as well. I recommend you all to see it if you want to prevent special characters from being used to steal existing groups. Remember to backup your database first, and it's already commonly exploited by many players.

• 1 month later...
is there getGroupTurfColor in that code ?? :?::roll:

In the server lua, I feel stupid now since I can't remember if I added these by myself or if they where included from the beginning, anyway these 2 functions can be used to get turf color and chat color, if they not in the system already it's easy to add.

function getGroupChatColor(group) 
    local color = fromJSON(groupTable[group][3]) 
end 

function getGroupTurfColor(group) 
    local color = fromJSON(groupTable[group][6]) 
end 

And secondly, there is a security bug in the function attemptMakeGroup(), it's explained here: http://mta.albonius.com/index.php?topic=457.0, and a solution is included as well. I recommend you all to see it if you want to prevent special characters from being used to steal existing groups. Remember to backup your database first, and it's already commonly exploited by many players.

Tjenare,

They were included.

• 2 months later...

After many many many many days I've added group balance which lets you store money in the group. Obviously the amount will be saved using sql.

It has NOT been tested too thoroughly so if you find a bug let me know and I'll fix it.

This means there is a new export which is: getGroupBankAmount(group) which returns the balance (I recommend using groupTable[group][7] inside the script because it's basically the same thing).

You can also decide who's able to withdraw money using the rank editor and everybody is able to deposit and if the logging is enabled it's logged. In-fact I've made all group outputs logged (only if it's turned on)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Help!! i type /gc but the message don't output in the chatbox

The group bank too, when i deposit money in the bank my money descrase but the money balance stays nil and i cant withdraw

Have you configured it to work with a SQL database of some sort? Also, what does your debugscript say when you attempt to chat, or withdraw money?

Have you configured it to work with a SQL database of some sort? Also, what does your debugscript say when you attempt to chat, or withdraw money?

if you mean MySQL then no i didn't :/

Here's the debug:

When i click deposit:

http://i.imgur.com/ZYCm3v3.png

When i click Withdraw:

http://i.imgur.com/u39C78R.png

And when i type /gc :

http://i.imgur.com/uGXI27l.png

Also, i thought smart added the log feature, why it says in chat that its not available yet?