Scared about MTA:SA and Windows Firewall! Needing help.

GamerDeMTA

Question

Hello, dear MTA forums' users,

I re-installed 7 days ago MTA:SA in my PC and today I tried the MAP EDITOR and the MTAServer.exe the first time after the re-installation. I'm a bit scared because there was a windows saying 'WINDOWS FIREWALL': Agree or Cancel and I canceled... This happened when I opened the MAP EDITOR. Then, I opened MTAServer.exe and it said 'WINDOWS FIREWALL': Agree or Cancel again, and this time I clicked the red 'X'. I can access to my local server and Map Editor, but I'm a bit scared because of this... I can access servers as well. But, will this give me issues? Why do MTA: Server and Map Editor need this? And how can I get it as 'yes, agree' now? Because I tried and now it doesn't open the Firewall window :(

EDIT: When I opened MTAServer.exe, and asked me about public networks, was it to open my ports?

EDIT2: The first time when MAP EDITOR it said something about steam/steamapps/.../gta_sa.exe

2 answers to this question

Map editor is actually just a resource set for the MTA server. When you run the map editor, it starts MTAServer.exe which uses local networking to talk to your client. EVEN IF the ports were open, I can 100% bet you have a router/modem that requires port forwarding, thus preventing any incoming connections anyway, making Windows Firewall useless. No need to have a tinfoil hat over port forwarding.