Should Chop ( Heli Kill ) Be Cheating ???

It is cheating !  

43 members have voted

1. 1. It is cheating !

• Just killing as in Not Cheating !
    • Uhhhh Duh Yeah

kind of a dumb question. heli killing is part of regular gameplay, sure, it can be annoying if someone JUST heli kills, but once and a while, its pretty damn funny. just cause you don't like it when people do it, it's not cheating.

heli killing seems to be the mta equvelant of camping. it's just part of the game, get used to it.

ps: its not hard to shoot down a copter, and avoid the blades. just run and duck behing something.

It's only cheating if the guy in the heli goes "HAHAHAHA" or "LMAO" or "HA HA", or something along those lines. That's just plain annoying, and it always pisses me off. I don't find anything funny about that, unless of course the kill itself was funny... But if I ever kill anyone with my blades, I usually refrain from saying anything...

heli's were put into stunt because they are good for getting nice shots for recording... which a lot of people record organized stunts in MTA,

also you can do some stunts off/over a chopper that look pretty neat..

As for people using it in stunt as a weapon, thats an unfortunate side effect really.. but most moderators will kick anybody playing with bad etiquitte in the stunt servers.

its no cheating in DM mode, but in stunt mode its all different, why there even is helis in stunt, there is like no stunts that u can do whit heli

I dunno, I'm starting to wonder if you can do a flip in the apache or the VCN maverick, they're both really agile. :)

Think I'll try that later. Be on the lookout for "BNS_VVolven died" in the stunt servers later on, lol

the way i see it, if you get heli bladed its YOUR FAULT you got lamed. dont like it, turn up your speakers, listen for heli's, and learn to watch your radar. if you do that you will know when a heli is coming long before anyone has a chance to chop you up

#1 It takes skill to helikill in confined spaces (lil haiti, main drag by cherry poppers, etc...)

#2 If you don't pay attention to your sounds and radar then maybe helikilling will teach you to be more aware of your surroundings

#3 I never laugh or mock people when I helikill them it's just rude.

#4 There is a known glitch which causes helicopters to not make any sound you will see them flying around without the blades spinning, this is a sync issue and is the only time you should not notice a helicopter's presence.

#5 Anything you can do in SP that is legal should be legal online hence keeping MTA as close to VC as possible, therefor it is not cheating as helikills are part of the SP experiance

There are a couple of wacky things you can do with a chopper that could pass as stunts and yeah flipping around (only possile with VCNs and Mavs) would be one of them I guess. Plus as already mentioned, helis can also be used as means to pull off other kinds of tricks with bikes or whatnot and those can be cool too, like gettin one right outside and below the offices window and pausing to let others with bikes or heavy cars fall on it trying to get some rotation or something, or just simply climbing on them and flying like that old pic of the day with the mex on the Hunter for those that remember it ;) - imagination is your only limit. Finally let's not forget their transportational role, since getting around even in the stunt serv is much easier with a chopper (either above or below ground :D).

Point is I'd hate to see ppl starting blaming them just because in the hands of the lame they can turn into a real nuisance. IMO it's a personal responsibility issue like much else in MTA - not excluding cars.

And on the swooping in spawn wars part, all I can say is really what I've experienced for myself, which is this:

Usually in fights between seasoned players, if someone rushes in with a heli, blades first, ppl will prioritize the surrouding threats, so 4-5 guys shooting m60s or stubbies vs. a Mav usually makes for a pretty short stand out. If the pilot isn't a friend playing around, pulling the occational joke with everyone else, but an annoying lil prick that keeps coming again and again, that guy's life expectancy once he hits the ground (assuming he got away from the burning chopper) won't be more than 10 secs. Then ppl will be happy to return to their usual killing n' dying routine they all like.

So IMO heli killing is a problem that pretty much takes care of itself...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it :D.

(/rant)