co-op multiplayer?

Largo

Im sure this may of been suggested, but wouldn't co-op multiplayer be a nice idea? It might be too much bandwidth via internet but it would rock on LAN or something where you have 100megabit to spare, does anybody know of such existance?

Do you mean doing the single player missions with multiple players? If so, it would be a mammoth task. Each mission would have to be redesigned (i.e. if you had to pick up 5 hookers, that number would have to be multiplied otherwise it would be way too easy).

Nice idea though, it would have been fun.

why not? lol

well im sure if some 1 has got there hands free for some time maby some 1 could change some missions, Some of the best ones to be co-op missions

(I have no knoledge of mta scripting, so i dont know how hard this will be, But i think its a great idea, Even if it was for 3 players.. it would be great)

Oh no, I ain't meeting my great grand parents again :P. Plus that crappy Stallion (or whatever it is, I forget) doesn't even look half as cool as a Delorean. Try with a Deluxo ;).

Anyway, the point of MTA was to generally bring multiplayer ability to the game in any way possible, not allow for co-op playing of the SP missions (which at first may sound cool I'll admit, but I'm sure in the end not many ppl would even try to make it a worthwhile venture).

I think they should just do co-op multiplayer (co-op missions) even though it would be really easy, just release it first and lets play around with it, they can improve the missions later im sure

but wouldnt it be easy to do ? or at least can they leave traffic/pedestrians/police on for online ? so its heaps fun

Think of the lag there is at the moment with a maximum of 26 players. Now add say, 100 AI controlled cars and 200 peds (I made those numbers up - I don't know what the real numbers are).

Also, I played SP again the other day, and I found that I had to drive on the pavement because the AI cars would be going really slowly, etc. I've got so used to the open road on MTA that I quite enjoy it now.

Just change the car ID in the handling.cfg to IS_HELI.. Voi la, a hover car.

I was watching some GTA 3 MTA videos yesterday and I noticed there were peds. Walking peds, and even ped cars.

Well why did they work in GTA3 (it was a really old version of GTA3:MTA) and not in VC?...

i always wud have like co-op,but always new it it wud be impossible(at the mo.), and if it were, i wud have knew...

jon: if there were co-op, i wudnt play it over the net, but over a lan,cause it wud definatelybe hard witheven T1 vs T1 comps.

largo: about the peds suggetion, just look around in the forum and ull find it at least 100 times :wink:

I was watching some GTA 3 MTA videos yesterday and I noticed there were peds. Walking peds, and even ped cars.

Well why did they work in GTA3 (it was a really old version of GTA3:MTA) and not in VC?...

The old versions of GTA3MTA were developed before we had implemented any SCM code, as such, users had to load GTA3 and load a save game to start..

The cars were not synced, nor were the peds that you saw... all that was synced was your car, and theirs.

Kent

It may be possible from a technical standpoint, but you also have to think about it from a design point of view. Take for example that mission on GTA 3 where there's the body in the trunk and the Firelli brothers are chasing you. How exactly does that work with multiple people?

its not exactly easy from a technical standpoint, its not like we just load up the game scm and start syncing.... each mission would have to be meticulously rewritten to handle it.

Its more than its worth getting into, and much easier to design our gamemodes from scratch w/ MP in mind. Ask trx :P