*Thinking about it......*

Guest HarvesterOfSorrow

Hey guys, im really new to this and was looking for some advice. I was thinking about getting Vice City for my PC so i could play MTA, well i have always LOVED playing GTA but never have played it on PC so i havea few questions i need answered if u could kindly help me out....

-Does GTA:VC play as well on PC as it does on consoles? (exspecially for MTA)

-I have a cable modem but somtimes there are up to 4 computers using it at the the same time, will this effect my gameplay online drastically?

-To see servers i must download ASE, does this program cost money....if it does is there any other way to get a list of servers?

-Is MTA worth playing online, as far as gameplay, cheaters, spawn killers and such?

I think that is it, please resond as soon as possible, and if i have anymore questions i will pist them here.....Thank You

-Does GTA:VC play as well on PC as it does on consoles? (exspecially for MTA)

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. If you mean speed-wise, I managed to get it working (just!) on an 800MHz machine, but I'd say 1.2GHz minimum.

If you are talking in terms of the control system, I much prefer the keyboard and mouse system as I am used to it. If you are used to control pads, then you can buy one and use it in conjunction with GTA.

-I have a cable modem but somtimes there are up to 4 computers using it at the the same time, will this effect my gameplay online drastically?

It depends what the other machines are doing. I've got 3 on my LAN, and I find no problems at all if I play a game whilst the other 2 are surfing the net. However, if they were also playing games / downloading large files, this might affect it somewhat.

To see servers i must download ASE, does this program cost money....if it does is there any other way to get a list of servers?

ASE is a 21-day trial version, unfortunately. However, you can obtain lists here:

http://www.mtaservers.com/index.php?q=list

http://www.mtavc.com/servers.php

I recall one of the developers once saying that Gamespy had expressed an interest, so presumably future versions of MTA will be supported by Gamespy Arcade.

-Is MTA worth playing online, as far as gameplay, cheaters, spawn killers and such?

I'm not really bothered by cheaters - if they kill me and I can't kill them, I just respawn and don't bother picking a fight with them again. Also, it can be hard to tell if people actually are cheating (due to some small bugs in places), so I usually give them the benefit of the doubt.

I think people tend to exaggerate the number of cheaters (some noobs cry cheater at the slightest thing), but there aren't cheaters on EVERY server, so you can just find another one.

Hey guys, im really new to this and was looking for some advice. I was thinking about getting Vice City for my PC so i could play MTA, well i have always LOVED playing GTA but never have played it on PC so i havea few questions i need answered if u could kindly help me out....

-Does GTA:VC play as well on PC as it does on consoles? (exspecially for MTA) im using the keyboard and mouse for DM and my gamepad for stunt so its the same like on a console, only more options and stuff :)

it really depends what the other pc's are doing but if you can play oter games online than it should be ok

-To see servers i must download ASE, does this program cost money....if it does is there any other way to get a list of servers?

you DONT have to pay for ASE, after the 21 days are over ou can just test it 7 more days..again and again, only thing you dont have with an unregistered ase is some (imo unneeded) options like buddy search...

-Is MTA worth playing online, as far as gameplay, cheaters, spawn killers and such? of course! but i would suggest you to play with ppl you trust (at least atm)

I think that is it, please resond as soon as possible, and if i have anymore questions i will pist them here.....Thank You

gamemodes are: Deathmatch and stunt but you can also make manhunt and oter modes with scripts (MTAMA)

--Is MTA worth playing online, as far as gameplay, cheaters, spawn killers and such?

If it wouldnt be worth it i wouldnt play it..so what can i say ? :)

The most annoying thing are maybe not the cheaters but rather crashes and bugs....means it can hapen every time you have to restart/load the whole game which is kinda annoying. Takes a few seconds...but stilll...shouldnt be....and some other quirks which take a while to get the hang of it.

As for cheaters...just ignore them or go another server...

Spawnkilling....doesnt happen THAT often....but if it happens...well just shoot back :) Nothing against a nice spawn war once in a while...

Besides i think the purchase of GTA is a no-brainer - it should be not more than $30...and in my opinion alone the songs which come with it are worth the $$$ alone (i burned a few 80s CDs of it and will take them to a real trip to FL in a few weeks - what a hell of fun going to Florida with the VC tracks playing in the car....LOL :) ...not to mention the *two* games - single player and MTA :)

You cannot get a better and more fun game on PC right now even if its already a bit dated (graphic wise) my $0.02 cent

yeah ASE is free to use indefinitely, paying just gets rid of the nag screen

Paying also gets you full access to everything, like server scans, etc. I just paid for the lifetime subscription (to get it over with) and I don't regret or think I wasted my money one bit. It's also nice to be able to see if any of your favorite players/enemies are online, and which server they're at.

The nag screens on ASE don't actually bother me, as you just click them and they go away. But with Gamespy Arcade, you have to wait until the ad has finished playing before you can continue, and some of them last about 20 secs! And the nag screens on ASE only appear once every 7 days, but with GSA, they appear roughly every 3 clicks. I cannot describe anything more annoying.