2 versions of next MTA:VC?

Maybe in the next release, there could be 2 versions, one designed for smaller slower connections where max could be 26 (which I think is the number it is now), but maybe another with ones with a higher local LAN speed, maybe gigabit, or a high internet 100Mb. where there could be a higher amount of users on at once.

You don't seem to know what you are talking about. 100 Mb is over 2X faster than T3... 1 Gb is like an OC- connection.

No one has these connections hardly. There's no point to two different clients, typical broadband such as cable, DSL, etc. can handle more than 26 players. Dial-up users should just not play on larger servers.

You don't seem to know what you are talking about. 100 Mb is over 2X faster than T3... 1 Gb is like an OC- connection.

No one has these connections hardly. There's no point to two different clients, typical broadband such as cable, DSL, etc. can handle more than 26 players. Dial-up users should just not play on larger servers.

uh I do know what I am talking about. I was talking more specifically for a LAN when I mentioned Gigabit, and I have a 100Mb line for internet. and either way, just saying i don't know what I am talking about, doesn't answer my question.

just because you have a 100mbit connection to your internet, does not mean that its running that fast. you are probably capped by your provider. unless you're getting 12800KByte /sec downloads..

About multiple client releases for different bandwith restrictions, we do not plan on doing this, and with future core technologies, it becomes more of a server issue than the client issue.

Kent

the 'smallest' connection in my opinion is dial-up, everything else is broadband/T1 whatever and suitable for a lots of players.

For dial-up i think the border is somewhere around 10 to 15 users.....26 users is definatly not for 'a small' connection.

uh I do know what I am talking about. I was talking more specifically for a LAN when I mentioned Gigabit, and I have a 100Mb line for internet. and either way, just saying i don't know what I am talking about, doesn't answer my question.

ok, you're talking about LAN...but..i still somewhat doubt that you pull 100MB/s off the internet :) If yes, then congrats....i'd be happy if i had 3MB/s

just because you have a 100mbit connection to your internet, does not mean that its running that fast. you are probably capped by your provider. unless you're getting 12800KByte /sec downloads..

About multiple client releases for different bandwith restrictions, we do not plan on doing this, and with future core technologies, it becomes more of a server issue than the client issue.

Kent

I am my own provider, I am run directly from MCI. In process of making a fiber ISP, but currenly have colo, and webhosting. But thanks for the answer none the less.

Kent just dropped a major nugget (hint) in this thread and it was brushed over...

keep em coming

more info more better

the two clients idea is dumb just lead ppl

What, this?

I didn't pick up on it because I wasn't quite sure what he meant (quite vague - but it's better than spoiling surprises, I suppose).