Lol, new problem now hehe...

Guest Mephitboy

Hey again everyone... new problem now. Now I can get into servers and talk to people, but when i go to start game, it says unable to locate mta_dll.dll, and i gotta reset game path every time to be able to open it up. now, when VC opens up, after a few seconds it minimizes, and i get an error message saying mta had to close because of an error. so even if I continute to start mta in Vc no one is in the game. What should i do?

Ok, well I'm on Windows XP, and yeah i click the right version in mta. also that link yuo sent help, no more resetting path every time... but i still cant play lol. it still minimizes and closes mta just b4 goint to main menu. Says there was an error and shuts it off... And while we're at it lol, i'll throw in another question... why does the screen constantly flash? i mean I don't want to even play single player like this! it gives me a major head ache, I even updated to 1.1 to try and fix it but still same thing. Anyways, it's already 5 am here, so i'll check back in the morning.

Thanks.

To fix that "Locate your GTA directory" problem, I believe you have to edit your mta.ini and copy and paste the:

[game-vc]

location=D:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\gta-vc.exe

paste another right under that so it says:

[game-exe]

location=D:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\gta-vc.exe

Not sure if he's having that problem, but when I first started I got the mta_dll.dll thing too and this fixed it all.

Ok, thnx for responses guys, but I still don't know what to do about the in-game flashing. Like, the whole screen flashes back and forth from being normal to everything turning blue... That it'self stop me from even playing single player

Ok, well I used some old drivers, and it fixed my problem, but i still can;t get mta to work! It gets an error and shuts down right b4 gta gets to main menu...