Cruisin' through Liberty City (28/03/2004 @ 19:28 CET)

Blokker_1999

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Islands other than the one you start on, will not be accessible. You will all start on the same island, and it is server controlled. We will release one island at a time, so next release will only cover Portland.

A-just to clarify, this means that we can only play in portland for gta3, then next time you release mta, we'll only be able to drive in the second or third island?

B-the server will decide which island, and the server picks between islands

C-in this version, portland is the only option, and possibly next time, the server chooses which one

man, see what happens, you give us a taste, and we want the whole pie :)

Islands other than the one you start on, will not be accessible. You will all start on the same island, and it is server controlled. We will release one island at a time, so next release will only cover Portland.

Damnit I guess that means option 1 has been chosen for production :roll:

I foresee something very similar to robber spawn wars...

Damnit I guess that means option 1 has been chosen for production

I foresee something very similar to robber spawn wars...

... you haven't played it yet

Plus those are fun but that's not the point

Portland has a very different terrain than anything in Vice City and it's just a tad bigger than Prawn Island Here is a reminder

portland_r4_c6.jpg

Was my post (above) on target? 4 different map options for servers running MTA 0.4?

if its coming out one island at a time, once they are all out can u make it so the in the server the island will change everyonce in a while to liven up the game play. For ex. every hour the map will change between islands, of course it could be a option to turn it on or not

ok change periods in school so gotta go

Ah crap...

I do have a negative thought that I just realized

Everyone get ready for 100+ LC?? Gangs

Sorry for the big map but that island is screaming for Multiplayer

If there are 4 options then that will bring a lot of variety to this game and the action will be condensed a little bit more.

Plus look at the map and think how easy it would be to head off runners and coordinate against ppl... I am really looking forward to this

Is there any chance that the trains will be running/synced?

how do you expect it to be, or how does it look like its gonna be?Not wanting to make you guys do promises

hey that shit is like chess (at least i would handle it like that if i was a dev :P )

a pilots question: what happens if we fly to the end of the city? is it like in sp? (180° turn)

in regards to above, no, we had to remove the train, to avoid issues w/ syncing.. :-(

sorry, but then again could be funto have rail battles

After I posted that I realized that the train moving was all cut scenes anyway. But the rails will be another way to sneak by ppl in the game and a good place to fight

wedon't update the progress bar until we are certain that whatever part we are working on is complete, as such much of it is experimental..

basically, we need to test a lot of stuff, debug stuff before we move the counter, (this keeps it from hanging at the 90-95% marker, as we've seen in the past)

Kent

eAi said:

No you can't go on to other islands by boat or dodo. You'll be stopped.

Actually the dodo is able to travel anywhere, would be rather limiting to pilots if it didnt especially as its one of the major things gta3 has that vice city doesnt :)

and another Q about the process bar...

why is there still MTA:VC 0.3 (100%) ???

any reason? or lazy to remove it?

btw the jpg above the process bar when are you guys going to change that? It is so old (DONT READ FURTHER IF YOU MADE THE PICTURE) and so bad, boring, easy to make. Dont ban me plz...

Why not use the same picture (with a little change) like the one on this forum?

maybe to much thing on the site, but i surf to it so 3 times a day to check the site for new news, facts... And i've we dont have mta.4 yet a nice site would be good, to go every day.

btw the jpg above the process bar when are you guys going to change that? It is so old (DONT READ FURTHER IF YOU MADE THE PICTURE) and so bad, boring, easy to make. Dont ban me plz...

Why not use the same picture (with a little change) like the one on this forum?

Blokker submitted a contest about a month back for people to design their own templates for the site. There's a topic somewhere (I'm too lazy to search for it - probably in General), which I think people generally overlooked and forgot.

Hi guys...

Just thought i would say i cant wait to mta 0.4... but dont rush it out the door... stability is more important then how soons its avalable.. and can i ask one thing of u guys...

good god plz plz plz.. have blocks to stop people using the neo hack in mta.. im getting so annoying with all these people who are like faster than a hotring racer and can fly and crap.. its so annoying and it ruins the game...