Cruisin' through Liberty City (28/03/2004 @ 19:28 CET)

Blokker_1999

Obviously, look at his title (Once again, congratulations eAi, I think you are worthy and I hope you're enjoying all the great secrets of the MTA team forum section )

Yeah, I wanted to put something congratulatory like that, but couldn't phrase it correctly. The rhetorical question was intended as a starting point for a compliment.

:glasses6:

umm you still haven't ...

Congrats the team is stronger with you eAi

I have to go and buy another copy of GTAIII now since mine is all hosed

I am looking forward to this game it's gonna be awesome...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* slap *

Stop that! That's how GTA III MTA got all fubared last time around

Patience is a Virtue, and is often well rewarded

* grins and runs off again *

Well Patience has never been one of my virtues.

So :tongue1: and gimme gimme gimme now! :multi:

So any plans to include other player models? I'm guessing it's gonna be with the ghost system (char selection method) like with VC if so. When the time comes, plz ask us to choose from a couple of very high locations for them (if there's more than one obvious choise that is) :D.

And what's with "Cruisin & #8242; through LC"? Single quote character in thread title bug?

gta3's scm is pretty packed w/ this version of MTA so we are limited to how many skins we can actually support... I think at one time the most we got was 4 skins..., again some differences between the VC and GTA3 engine.... since then that number may have dropped, so we arent sure, we'll see :-)

and tot he rest of you, you guys love picking apart picture haha.. yeah we hope to get lots of features out w/ the gta3 version of MTA, and offer a different style of gameplay.

Kent

HEY! You guys forgot who pointed out that gun icon in the radar! It was good 'ol Posty! But yea, great to hear you guys are working hard as usual over there. It's a good thing you don't promise things before you add them in. That's the only thing worng with GtaT right now, it promises things but soemtimes it might get removed. Otherwise it isn't all that bad. But yea, keep up the good work you guys, can't wait for MTA 0.4. Take your time!

Guys one of the more important questions that i think should be asked .

WillGTA3's way of playing online be the same as it is ?or will it be like vc's version meaning that a extra scm is created for online play only and the one for offline will remain untouched?

[edit]ok wait , refrase the above, how do you expect it to be, or how does it look like its gonna be?Not wanting to make you guys do promises[/edit]

personally, i think it's amazing that mtavc doesnt alter the scm or any other gta files. but would i care if it made single player unplayable? HELL NO, SCREW SINGLE PLAYER

alter the files, i don't care! if not altering the files is an obstacle from adding new features, than screw it, changem!

MTA 0.4 is built off of the same core that has brougth you MTA:VC 0.3, meaning that we will attempt to alter as little files as possible and try to make the online experience as transparent to the Singleplayer game as possible.

Boy I can't wait just like the rest of us. Looks like I got a reason to install GTA 3 again. =P

BTW I was wondering how will the islands be handled? I remember from an earlier thread that you guys were having trouble with it. Will they all be together or is there gonna be an option to select an island to play on?

Lots of questions. Time to clear things up a bit.

- As is currently stands, 0.4 gta3 will not support skins.

- The guns markers were experimental, and removed as they took too much space on the radar.

- Islands other than the one you start on, will not be accessible. You will all start on the same island, and it is server controlled. We will release one island at a time, so next release will only cover Portland.

That's what 0.4 doesn't have.... Then what does it have?

- Cars

- Roads

- Trees

Joking, you guys are going have to wait. We really are afraid to promise things we can't keep, and have an angry mob at the forums because of that.