Open-source Server Administration program

tbot

So what you literally say is: f*** all linux users?
If i was litterally saying that you wouldn't have to ask, thats the nice thing about litteral things.
Running mIRC is not an option for me, my workstation makes too much noise to run 24/7, and emulating windows just kills the performance of my server.
Can't WINE run mIRC? Acording to the WINE site it runs flawlessly....

Some instructions appear to be here.

Running a program on the server itself is just an ideal solution. Also on there it can communicate easily with MySQL, RRD, or any tool you can think of.

Saying that there will be no need for such things in the future is probably not correct (I don't know what features are planned in 0.4 and further). But I think that unless you build ingame administration into the server itself a need for such programs will continue to exist. And I also think that for statistics you impossibly can support all types of logging that's wanted, thus creating another need for the program.

You have no idea how the new core is going to work, it'll change MTA hugely.
You also speak of non MTA related problems caused by a badly coded program. For this matter there a phenomenon called 'testing'. The program already runs over 2 weeks non-stop on my server, causing no apparent problems. So I think it's pretty safe to say the program is not a source of additional problems.

(OT: Testing is a point where the MTA team can learn something. For someone who knows only a bit about socket programming and reverse-engineering it's extremely easy to actually CRASH the windows 0.3.1 server (so don't give me a lecture a badly coded programs...))

If you want to make this program its presumably because you enjoy MTA. Don't start slagging us off, we're fully aware of the problems the current core has, and you've got no idea what the possibilities of the new core. Each MTA release is tested as thoroughly as possible. If you're calling MTA a badly coded program, code a better multiplayer mod.

You're welcome to run it on your own server(s), but release it and you're not going to help MTA.

eAi

I wonder if you read my piece about 'precompiled binaries'...

Because you don't approve open-sourcing it (I completely respect your wish on that, it's quite logical), I asked about what you think of precompiled binaries.

Now, the reactions to your posts:

Can't WINE run mIRC? Acording to the WINE site it runs flawlessly....

As I previously said (and which you completely ignored in your reply):

Emulating windows just kills the performance of my server.

You have no idea how the new core is going to work, it'll change MTA hugely.

I said that I didn't know anything about the features of 0.4, thus my argument may not have been completely accurate, but I did gave an argument why the program might be needed. I heard from Aeron that he has already adapted MTAMA to 0.4 (if I understood him correctly), so the need still seems to exist.

Note that the mtama is an addon. a bonus. not something included with mta. Linux users have similar problems when wanting to PLAY mta. Do you complain to rockstar that the gta3 series is win32 based?

Why did you release a linux server in the first place then? if linux users already have trouble playing MTA... (Do you see now that your argument was quite worthless?)

I might drop by on IRC sometime if I have time for a long discussion (as this topic already shows it's going to be)...

Why did you release a linux server in the first place then? if linux users already have trouble playing MTA... (Do you see now that your argument was quite worthless?)

MTA Server. Grand Theft Auto Vice City. Two different things. Former compatible with both win32 and linux. Latter only win32 compatible. As actually I am sure you are fully aware. If all you wish to do is pick holes in arguments by pretending to totaly misunderstand the meaning of our statements then this is a waste of both yours and our time.