Official Statement: GTAM

Cray

The MTA Team wanted to release an Official Statement regarding another GTA Multiplayer mod in the works creatively entitled "GTA Multiplayer".

It has been originally brought to our attention and later proven internally that it is actually a hack of the old YaMM code (VB, not the C++) that was terminated back in June of 2003. As proven by the images attached below, you can plainly see the resemblence between the two mods and the functionality (and inherent bugs) that are all in existance.

Please be advised that the MTA Team is disappointed by this blatent infringement of the hard work done by the old YaMM Team, and this mod will not be tolerated nor supported by anyone in the MTA Team OR previous YaMM Team members. I personally feel disgusted that someone would ever try to claim something like this as their own and be arrogent enough to approach any of our members for assistance.

To all of the MTA supporters that have been with us through the childplay that has commenced since the beginning, I would personally like to thank you.

The Proof

Client Similarities:

yamm-gtam1.JPG

Server Compatibility (GTAM Client connecting to YaMM Server):

yamm-gtam2.JPG

Debug Similarities:

yamm-gtam3.JPG

I am an ass

I posted something on the wrong board...

Thanks IJs for catching that before anyone on thier saw that

I was a tad pissed about this because the only payment you get for these mods

is the recognition from the ppl who enjoy it. To steal that and claim they did the work is unforgiveable.

Well, good motivation bad judgement but hopefully no harm done

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...
I personally feel disgusted that someone would ever try to claim something like this as their own and be arrogent enough to approach any of our members for assistance.

r u on about the guy who came into the irc chan? he didnt release his i dont think (i am not supposed to mention names?)

why just release the mod yourself mta team!

then we can all have a litle fun till the next gta3 release of your mod

just talk about it with your teammembers ijs

ps the site is back again where there mod was standing on but the mod is taking of.

i really enjoyd it if the mod was released but no luck

why just release the mod yourself mta team!

then we can all have a litle fun till the next gta3 release of your mod

just talk about it with your teammembers ijs

ps the site is back again where there mod was standing on but the mod is taking of.

i really enjoyd it if the mod was released but no luck

Wtf??

just release the best stuff

that you got mta team

gta3 takes to long to release and this yamm client got all we want so why wait for it to release

i can play yamm but the server wont work :(

send a pm if you wanna play yamm i got it somewhere

Edited by Guest

Lol im prolly hated.. I dont care what i did was wrong as i have now told the public on my site Really it was a modification to yamm that should of not happened so Yamm and my project are gone deleted for good but there are some users like Stanton and aad who want yamm and my old main.scm even my new one Thats nothing to do with yamm and is a new C++ project i am doing. I sincerely apologise for what has been going on. And i was way in the wrong to accept yamm rev12 as my basis in the first place. Please ignore users who say they support me they dont and never will.

I do not think you will ever be trusted / taken seriously again in this community, and I really do not see why you even bother.

Say "I have deleted it", "it is not based off of YaMM" all you want, but everyone here damn well knows that you still have the code, and you are still using it (maybe only by reference) to do what you are doing.

You are a sad individual and do not deserve to be attached, in any way, to the GTA modding community.

thats quite a sad reply :lol: as it makes me laugh! Erm i dont care if im not trusted but i dont use yamm no more and i dont want to be a part of mta so i think we will go our own ways from now on. Oh and to prove we dont use yamm you can snoop on my new release when its out and see. for all i care. and its no gta3 its all vice city now.

bye bye

ps I need to get a life, dont judge before you know slander gets you nowhere.

Infact saying we use yamm now would be a sad excuse cous YAMM is gta3 not Vice City so thats another stupid thing! Nothing would work on it. So you cannot say we use it and infact we will send you the first release that you can hex or whatever you want. Youll find nothing of the sort mate. Not a VB project either C++ think VB and C++ two different things.

since yamm was started with making the mp mods for gta i was a huge fan of them once they quited i got a version of a old betatester but i couldnt play it because there was no main.scm file or some else scm file

and the gta3 version could not be run in win xp

the only things that worked by the old yamm where the server and the client i cant test because it needs a scm file

look at this

http://members.lycos.nl/aadhe1/yamm.JPG

dont bann me for this this is only a picture i havent uploaded the mod itself because its useless now

When people get their hands on something, source code in this case, they want their moment in the spotlight; they quickly modify the code to make it appear as though they created it, even though they haven't spent any time developing it or doing any work on it whatsoever, aside from the recognition modifications.

Now if you find it hard to understand why this is so wrong, especially considering the fact that YaMM was never officially released to the public domain, then try looking it through a metaphorical viewpoint; you worked for countless hours on source code that was evidentally stolen by other people and completely modified so it in no way gave you any credit for your work, how would you feel? Now let's say that YaMM was released under the GPL (GNU General Public License) agreement, which is used for open source software. The GNU states that, although you can modify the program, you must give the original authors credit for their work. So even if this had of occurred the thief would still be violating the programmer's agreement.

As well, take into account time. To completely design a multiplayer mod of this size in the timeframe of a few days or weeks, I'm not sure what the exact count was, with a team of only one person it is nearly impossible. You would have to be a near perfect programmer, which I have yet to see.

To end this off, what was done was in no way or form right, it is impossible to even justify this fact. The same applies to anyone else using the source code, especially those idiotic enough to admit to doing so in public forums. In a perfect community everyone who wishes to help out would do so, the source code would be available to everyone since no one would cheat, however this is impossible because the world is in no way an utopia. Anyhow, what I have said is merely my two cents, feel free to disect and attack what I've said; it's your right as a conscious entity to do so.

Ciao,

Kryptos

We are so impressed ... hey guys look ... it looks like a toned down version of YaMM ... yippppie! Oh right, it's new code, not using the YaMM code as a base or for an info based research lesson. Ssssh.

hm... I never really saw this topic till now, I must say thats quite sad, lol.

I remember a nasty little quit message on IRC from these "dheat" people:

[07:28:49PM] «•» Quits: Revenge ([email protected]) (Revenge on MTA is iminent dheat supporters 9,876 mta will die staff are :o corrupt here MrBump you will pay.. Your the fool saying use yamm rev12 source for the basis of GTAM now you will pay)

[07:29:44PM] •«{ULK}-n4sr»• nice quit msg...

This dheat thing seems to be run by immature people and and I doubt anyone will even bother looking at it. Stolen code... pathetic.

• 2 months later...

you sure like flaming everyone but MTA, good for you :roll:

no you may not, but you can search on google and find some forums that GtaM devs are on *cough*GTA Forums*cough* but make sure to PM them and not start a giant flame war, because for some odd reason that community still respects tweakers like jax and the rest, so they will all take his side......i suggest you make a link to this topic.