Courtesy Test

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just exploded on a bunch of laggers fighting @ robber spawn. Took a few passes with the heli, ripped them to shreds. The lag was SO bad, I swooped down, then 30 seconds later I was flying away then ALL 3 laggers died at once. It's like their lag is synced to the second.

:roll:

I just exploded on a bunch of laggers fighting @ robber spawn. Took a few passes with the heli, ripped them to shreds.

its funny that you were the one yesterday COMPLAINING how other people always complain when they cant shoot someone - and complain when they die and scream "CHEATER!", "LAGGER!" whatsoever..

And the day after, TODAY, you scream EXACTLY this to all people and everytime someone hits you or you cant hit someone you scream "LAGGER!"...then you spend the last two hours in a heli "killing all laggers" from your heli because you are so frustrated....

I normally won't go so far as to bitch about ping, i WILL notify someone if it's high and I don't know them from the past. I like being notified myself, when i normally run 70, and for some reason it shoots up to 400+ I will exit the game, reset my router and all will be good lol.

And utopia, you can get a bit , whats the word, hmmm, ruffled over laggers/cheaters sometimes, perhaps a spiritual quest is in order hehe

Well I don't get ruffled over cheaters... And the lag was insanely bad last night. You can't tell me that sometimes all that lag doesn't get a bit frustrating. Imagine a whole server with 200-300 pingers and a few in the 800's. It's hell, let me tell you.

I dont play a whole lot, but when I do it's usually not with my dev nick. Though one time I forgot to change it after testing, and didn't bother to change it, so I played as 'trx'. It will probably not surprise you that I was called a cheater, lagger, newbie and what not, lol. People are so ignorant. I respect the people who play mta everyday and put up with all those bastards. Anti-cheat and lag optimization will have a high priority for further development, or it will kill the community.

I've noticed this a lot within the past few weeks, perhaps its the new base of users flooding in from the sections in tv and magazines, but complaining has esculated tremendously. I've only played mta now for a few months I guess and can even see this. Honestly it seems itd have to be even harder on devs/team.

It will probably not surprise you that I was called a cheater, lagger, newbie and what not, lol. People are so ignorant. I respect the people who play mta everyday and put up with all those bastards. Anti-cheat and lag optimization will have a high priority for further development, or it will kill the community.

too true

Kent was in the PartyServer and 10 secs in he was called a cheater. I explained in the admin that Kent is one of the ppl who made the game and he in no way is a cheater.

10 secs later....

Newb_lamer: Kent is cheating

unreal...

I can kill laggers and I don't complain about it too much. They are a little more work but no big deal. But some laggers are just not competitive. Sometimes I can oneshot them but 9 outta 10 times I just run out of ammo unloading on them. Lara C. is one of these ppl. No offense but Lara can get hit (on my screen) with more lead than Baltimore's water and not a scratch

I end up just avoiding the lagger and sneaking the other poor suckers who try to shoot the lagger. It isn't always ping, some ppl are playing this game on a Intellivison or an Atari 5600 and they are as worse than high pingers because you can't hit F11 to confirm that they are laggy.

LaraC while laggy is very polite so she doesn't fit the topic of this thread. The main point is the people who can never die because the person who killed him was good. It has to be something else and they can never say good shot... nice... ect... There are plenty of ppl who do this and they make the game more fun to play.

hmm... That gives me an idea

*runs to General to start a thread*

haha thanks for backing me up in there, im always taken aback a bit when I'm called one, but usually someone in the server will recognize me and point that out :-P

I think the new core, (not 0.4) will really help out alot, as the system for syncing is vastly different, and You can actually tell EVERYTHING the other person is doing. This way, rather htan just seeing them skip around you'll be ableto tell that they are jumping, crouching etc.

/me hopes I dont' take flak from the team for revealing info about the new core.

haha thanks for backing me up in there, im always taken aback a bit when I'm called one, but usually someone in the server will recognize me and point that out :-P

I think the new core, (not 0.4) will really help out alot, as the system for syncing is vastly different, and You can actually tell EVERYTHING the other person is doing. This way, rather htan just seeing them skip around you'll be ableto tell that they are jumping, crouching etc.

/me hopes I dont' take flak from the team for revealing info about the new core.

DAMN! Don't sync crouching! Crouching behind walls saves my ass ALL the time. :twisted:

Now I'm actually looking forward to 0.4++... Hm, the first time maybe I've actually looked forward to ANY update for ANYTHING, for that matter. Updates (just like movie sequels) are usually shit.

I was thinking the same thing. I have crouched behind a wall while they thought I was standing a bunch of times. Now they will know to flank me. :shock:

I started playing with verison .2 and .2.2 brought stunts and healthbars with names then .3 was even better with the amimations especially in cars and banished the minigun forever so I am really looking forward to this new version.

I can't help but think it will be released very soon. Just a hunch :wink:

the crouchign jumping anims aren't in the 0.4core, its in the new core that is still early in production, and we haven't given any release dates for either :-P

Well then my eyes deceive me. But I could swore I read that... Meh. *Shrugs*.

I don't want to sound pessimistic or anything, but in regards to the new 'core', I can only say this much:

"I'll believe it when I see it."

I would doubt what they say if you can give me one example of something that was promised and not delivered :wink: You are thinking of someone else... :roll:

Well, looks like we can crouch behind stuff for now without fear of being flanked. nice *looks at the bright side*

I do think the new version .4 isn't too long off but I have zero, zippy, zilch, nada, goose egg to base that opinion on. Like I said just a hunch.

I am not so concearned about the .4 core because we will have plenty of improvements to enjoy while we wait. Besides the game as it is... is extremely playable the people who say it isn't are playing it everyday.

It's a shame that thier isn't going to be an ahole patch that prevents ppl from complaining in game but I hear that's going onto the 1.0 version.

As I've said before, I'm more eager to see the next core and what it can do even right now in development, than any refinement and additions to the current one. BTW will you guys be re-evaluating your netcode's efficiency and/or optimize it while building core .4?

And

It's a shame that thier isn't going to be an ahole patch that prevents ppl from complaining in game but I hear that's going onto the 1.0 version.

"Admin sets +m"?

Well I don't get ruffled over cheaters... And the lag was insanely bad last night. You can't tell me that sometimes all that lag doesn't get a bit frustrating. Imagine a whole server with 200-300 pingers and a few in the 800's. It's hell, let me tell you.

yes....but you always have the option to go to another server. As for my understanding the small servers (up to 10 people) are more suitable for dial-up users...so dont act surprised or annoyed seeing high-pingers on the smaller servers.

Besides...i still get kind of annoyed about the whole bitching and whining because moderately high pings are definetly still (kind of) 'playable' - means i can kill others and we can get killed as well.

If you're gettig so annoyed because you cant get your 100 kills in 10 mins..then for god's sake take a break from the game :)

Yeah, no one with dial-up can play in a bigger server (usually with 16 people or more), because it simply gets far too laggy to play with - the reptitive timeouts, chat text dropping, and when you're in-game, you can't hit anyone and no one can hit you. It's really annoying... that's why all of the more advanced users (that are aware of the lag issues) with slower connections will be seen in servers like the ten player official - by far my favorite, by the way.

Ironic how you complain about lag though, Utopia, when I've asked around and other people have definately seen you warp, too. I don't know why you see everyone else warp, but nonetheless, no one else actually does but you. :)

If your connection can handle larger servers, then why not just go to those instead of the smaller ones? It's probably more fun anyway...

Ironic how you complain about lag though, Utopia, when I've asked around and other people have definately seen you warp, too. I don't know why you see everyone else warp, but nonetheless, no one else actually does but you. :)

Stop lying to make yourself feel better. it's a two-way connection problem between ME and YOU.

I see you warp, buddy. But unlike you I don't complain about it.

And by the way, no one else sees me warp. No one. And no one else sees you warp. Only I do.

Just accept it, geez... Let it go.

Sidenote, it's not more fun playing with 24 people. It's just crowded and you get bad frame rates, and expectidly: bad lag. :P

Hm, yeah, it was n4sr that said you 'definately warped,' and he said whenever he asked you about it, you got all defensive, exactly like you're doing now. :lol:

Yeah, the FPS does drop a bit in a larger server. But that's beside the point - smaller servers will probably have more laggers, whereas larger ones will not.