Courtesy Test

I just played all day under a fake name (I won't list it here). Without saying ANYTHING for the entire time.

It's sad; but eventually everyone was hating me, teaming up against me (Teams of up to 4 and 5 at one point).

Everytime I killed one of them, it was "LAG!"

Everytime they killed me, it was "OWNED BITCH!"

Eventually they started with the insults, excuses, etc.

At first it was "luck"

Then it was "Lag"

Then it was "cheater!"

Then it just became a blurred mess of "lol"s.

If you wanna have a fun time, use a fake alias and play a game and don't ever say anything.

Moral of the story:

People who always say "To stop an online argument, just don't talk." are incredibly WRONG in MTA. If you don't talk, the arguments get even worse.

I think it's safe to say the environment of MTA is not a friendly one.

Yes, there's lag.

Yes, a lot of it is luck.

Now please, let's all just be kind to each other.

I'm sure the Devs didn't make this game intending for it to become a bitch-fest of arguments.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, you were the one playing as 'HuNTeR' while in the 10 player server, right? You were warping badly though, and everyone there saw it, so that's why they were flaming you.

Courtesy? Hahah. What about this:

HuNTeR: well, im heading out, this will be the only thing I've said the whole time, but: OWNED! P.S. warping is a shitass excuse

Wujo has left the game.

HuNTeR: ULK newb

HuNTeR: OWNED BY KFC UTOPIA HOES

HuNTeR has been kicked from the game.

Even if you actually did talk, then you'd probably only be saying things like that. You can't tell me you're going to act in such a manner and not get disrepected. Not saying anything at all isn't going to help, either.

typically the cheaters psyche keeps them from talking as a "if they don't see me they can't accuse me" type deal...playing under an alias is best left to admins, especially after you've been revealed on the forum hehe.

Although you are right on the less friendly atmosphere...i think it's mainly because most people that play MTA...heard of MTA because they are frequent gamers, even good gamers in other games and have an ego. Since MTA is obviously different than most other games which are based from mp play as opposed to sp play, the rules and fighting strategies are drastically different. So many noobs tend to be very hot headed.

At the same time, many vets can tend to be easily agitated as well, which doesn't help much. The only way to solve it is help people out, if someone is new, offer advice. Simply mold the new people to be more understanding instead of ignoring them and have them turn cold.

These discussions are making my document on cheating longer and longer...eventually it'll get released lol. but this is just how my analytical mind sees it :)

The way I think of it for me is the team knows I'm a good person, the community knows I'm a good person. So if some ignorant n00bs wanna accuse me of cheating, I don't even care to protest because at this point it really doesn't matter. And those who truely do know me put up a fight for me or they just know the guys a complete moron so they ignore him.

Yes, something must be done to stop this growing breed, but what can be done that is fair and just?

I have done this as well. I didn't say anything for a while I got up to 300+ kills and I was having a especially good day too. I finally cracked and talked when someone said that "KungFu" (my real fake name) didn't play anymore because this tool "owned him". Meanwhile I was wiping the floor with him in the game with my other name.

This happens a lot. If you are killed it's skill and if you die it's lag, lamer something else. My fake name that time was Azmuth.

I used a fake name and played against Utopia. My fake name was Ermac and I won't say what happened. 8)

Gamefreek (right before he quit KFC and went to the darkside) joined the game and was called a cheater by all of his KFC friends because he lags.

Both cases show you that you should be careful before you start calling the new guy a lagger/cheater/noob whatever... He might be someone you know.

Well, psychology is funny, many times I have simply asked them how long they have played, the typical answer is this is my first day, or i'e played a week or two. After explaining the situation many will understand, I suppose a lot of people think this is a waste of time, but since we don't run a server, I guess it's my own way of giving back to the commun.

You've probably seen plenty of that, someone asks why wont someone die and they will be ignored. Or often when responded to, it's in very negative terms. The only solution to the problem as a whole is to have that one friendly admin to help out with questions. Humans just need recognition in these types of communities, take away that and they become attention starved jerks, or cheaters.

Where you state your friends know you and would ignore the n00b is part of the problem. Instead, just tell the guy, you or me are lagging. There's no need to piss people off, if you outright say 'you suck' you very well could have just created another cheater. Even if something is not true, if it seems logical, say it's a beta, keeping spirits up despite lack of skill is a key I've found. Problem is, just like any society no one wants to be equal but always better, and never looked down upon.

So to sum it up, unhappy gamers given a reasonable solution will more often than not continue to learn. Those who are ignored or tormented will be doomed to cheat.

you dont know what a hell it is to play solo with a pIII 450Mhz computer. just to leave my good name in peace i was using every f*cken fake nick known to man kind, thats why you never see me on ase or servers in general, usually i dont talk... i also dont draw much attantion because its kinda hard to kill people with a computer like mine (hopfully can play nicely tommarow), so im not being acused cheater much..

you dont know what a hell it is to play solo with a pIII 450Mhz computer. just to leave my good name in peace i was using every f*cken fake nick known to man kind, thats why you never see me on ase or servers in general, usually i dont talk... i also dont draw much attantion because its kinda hard to kill people with a computer like mine (hopfully can play nicely tommarow), so im not being acused cheater much..

I didn't even know a 450 would run GTA. I have difficulty enough on my other PC, a 1GHz Athlon. I found that switching GTA's priority above normal made a difference. However, it can cause some problems on XP, which tends to have more system processes running at once than other versions of Windows, so it's a matter of playing around.

Using this feature, I managed to make GTA smooth-playing on 800x600 where before it was juddery and laggy.

a bit of windows hacking kills most of windows' dumb and useless processes (like reserving a whole 20% from your internet speed for network, even if you dont got one! :shock: )

Aye, or like a problem I found with a service that checks for better networks every minute if you have wireless internet. You can check that thread in the useful topics section if you wanna see what I mean.

When I figured that out, it was like the second coming of christ. I didn't teleport like crazy anymore, and no more falling into the water when someone flies a heli because of losing connection to them within a minute. :lol:

Yeah that little snippet at the end was just for you. It's funny because you thought I was some 1-timer newbie guy getting lucky or something.

And your whole warping thing isn't such a great excuse, because yeah, I see you warping too. Every 5 seconds you'd STOP moving then a few seconds later zoom around at 1000 MPH.

Anyway, up until my two messages at the end I had said nothing and you people were being incredibly defensive, as if everytime I killed you I was saying "0wN3d N00bz!". But I wasn't. I wasn't saying anything.

For all you knew, I could have been sitting on my end saying "Man, these guys are kicking my ass." But instead you assumed I was saying to myself how much I was owning you. If you want to know the truth, the whole time I was thinking how disappointing it is that people are so damn mean for no real purpose.

By the way Kung, I thought Ermac was a newb. If somebody would have told me he was actually a "skilled" player, I never would have believed them. ;)

It's much more fun playing incognito. :D

Hard to tell who is skilled while you are holding that spas :wink:

Don't even kid about that gun. Anyone who uses that stupid piece of shiny tin leaves themselves wide open for hits.

I only use it once a day to deviate from the Stubby gun. That, and I know that no one else is smart enough to realize they can actually kill someone with a Spas, no problem. They're too busy running away being stupid. :roll:

Stubby VS Spas. Stubby Wins.

Don't even kid about that gun. Anyone who uses that stupid piece of shiny tin leaves themselves wide open for hits.

I only use it once a day to deviate from the Stubby gun. That, and I know that no one else is smart enough to realize they can actually kill someone with a Spas, no problem. They're too busy running away being stupid. :roll:

Stubby VS Spas. Stubby Wins.

The problem is how ppl use the spas the gun itself is better than a stubby if used correctly. I won't go back and forth with you about this thou. I wasn't playing my best, honestly but if I was I would have admitted it so I will admit it if I wasn't playing well. I didn't do that bad thou...

I will make sure you guess it is me next time but I wasn't using the fake name to spy on you I admin that server and I was looking for cheaters.

this went to another page...

Your point about how you can play well without saying a word and get flamed it true. This is a good point and I hope it isn't lost. If someone kills ppl and doesn't say anything and plays for a while without talking he will be flamed.

Many ppl think lag and sync are only issues when the die... It can never play a role when you kill. I am careful to play respectfully and anyone who has played me without starting shit knows that I always say g1 or nice shot ect. and it is important that more ppl play like this.

If Utopia's character never said anything but did say "good one" occasionally but never chatted I do not think he would be called a cheater.

While I'm not really up for being an asshole in games, I also think being NICE is sometimes unnecessary. Some newbies (And by "newbie" I mean the book-definition), no matter what you say or do, will think you're a cheater. If you try to be nice, you get "Shut up CHEATER!", etc etc.

These days, whenever anyone gets called a cheater, or whenever I get called a cheater, I look at it as a compliment. If I see someone I know isn't a cheater being called a cheater, I'll say something like "Way to go, dude!".

However when people start getting serious about it, like 5+ people going on "So-and-so is a M4D Ch34t3RZ" rampage, I usually give them two options:

1. Report it. Report the damn cheater. The admins know by now who is and isn't cheating, and more importantly, they know who to trust. Admins ask for 3rd party sources from people they CAN trust, rather than the rampaging newbies.

And the 2nd option, the most appealing to me, and often the best way to go:

2. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

In all reality, those are the only two options you have, as opposed to bitching about it. Next time someone calls you a cheater, just simply say "Report it or SHUT THE FUCK UP!". Because, really, newbies' complaining does nothing. Cheaters don't turn off their cheats. So if they really suspect you of 'cheating', in all likelihood, you won't turn your 'cheats' off. So, the only solution: A report.

A sidenote about the kindness thing in MTA: Games aren't fun anymore when I'm scared I'll come accross someone I played, they'll recognize me, and immediately start pummeling my ass with some sort fo bludgering object or even shooting me. (in real life)

It's a damn game... Just treat it like one.

everyone should keep in mind that there are community members out there going by fake names. this is the best way to see how people behave in your absence.

i remember a few days ago, deathb caught tim whineing pretty bad, and i have seen it tons of times before.

treat everyone you meet like they could ban you, and you should be fine :wink:

everyone should keep in mind that there are community members out there going by fake names. this is the best way to see how people behave in your absence.

i remember a few days ago, deathb caught tim whineing pretty bad, and i have seen it tons of times before.

treat everyone you meet like they could ban you, and you should be fine :wink:

Big Brother is watching.