When will MTA be available for Win 98?

Guest KoLaZ

Probably never. Microsoft were going to stop support for 98 and Me this year, but postponed it until 2008 due to the fact that third world countries may not be able to afford the upgrade at the present time. So, as far as the USA and Europe are concerned, 98 is practically obsolete.

Probably never. Microsoft were going to stop support for 98 and Me this year, but postponed it until 2008 due to the fact that third world countries may not be able to afford the upgrade at the present time. So, as far as the USA and Europe are concerned, 98 is practically obsolete.

yeah .......

Just buy windows xp upgrade

Its a programing matter really. Most programs work for 9x and 2k based systems, MTA uses relatively advanced methods to interact with the game, some of which aren't supported on 9x systems. Concequently, it'd be very hard (or impossible) to write MTA for 9x computers.

eAi

Its a programing matter really. Most programs work for 9x and 2k based systems, MTA uses relatively advanced methods to interact with the game, some of which aren't supported on 9x systems. Concequently, it'd be very hard (or impossible) to write MTA for 9x computers.

eAi

I wouldn't have said it was impossible. 2k and XP make a lot of things easier though, but they're not impossible on 9x. But as I said earlier, it's going to be obsolete soon, so it would be pointless to spend a lot of time incorporating this.

• MTA Team

The next core (and no, not the next release cause thats old core) should work with 98/Me, we are trying to write the new core that way. Up till now we have not used code that is uncompatible with 9x but we can not guarantee that we succeed.

Most gamers have upgraded to 2000/XP. 9x users represent less then 10% of the visitors of our website:

WIN 98.8 %

Windows XP 81.3 %

Windows NT 0.2 %

Windows Me 2.3 %

Windows Codename Longhorn 0 %

Windows CE 0 % (334 hits :wink:)

Windows 98 5.9 %

Windows 95 0.1 %

Windows 2003 0.5 %

Windows 2000 8.1 %

Windows 3.xx 0 % (34 hits :wink: )

MAC 17407 0.4 %