Grand Theft Auto Galore *TGA mirror added*

The action in the movie is from replays me and some of my friends have been collecting for several months. I was supposed to make this movie a long time ago, and as time went by, the replays piled up, and that is why the movie plays for almost 18 minutes ;)

The movie isn't only about stunts, but also bugs, fun things etc.. It displays more than just the stunting part of GTA3/VC (mostly VC though). But there are lots of stunts in it of course ;)

Nothing more to say, except Enjoy! :D

GTAG.04.jpg

Click for wallpaper (1600x1200)

The movies soundtrack:

» The Mormones: God's Racing Lucifer's Chasing

» Apollo Smile: Thunder Box

» The Hives: Outsmarted

» Danko Jones: Get Outta Town

» Apollo 440: Crazee Horse

Info:

» duration: 17:46

» resolution: 640×480

» FPS: 29.97

» video codec: XviD (decoder included in download)

» audio format: MP3

» file size: 325MiB

Mirrors:

»TheGamersAlliance.com (Thanks to Bloodymess13 for hosting this huge file [: )

»www.own-age.com

Edited by Guest

well 2 be honset with you, I think mostly te vid is a bit boring :roll:

becuz

- vid is 18 minutes

- tank stunting was boring

- mostly the stunts where not so good

stunts a 4.5/10(srry)

music a 8/10

editing a 8.5/10

so overall a 7/10

but still a nice vid, but a bit boring

damn - another movie ill have to download =)

325mb? - ffs, you going for biggest download on mta? - i can get half an iso instead of that you know =)

Yeah. But it's almost 18 minutes long, and that takes a few MiBs to get acceptable visual quality :)

well 2 be honset with you, I think mostly te vid is a bit boring :roll:

becuz

- vid is 18 minutes

- tank stunting was boring

- mostly the stunts where not so good

stunts a 4.5/10(srry)

music a 8/10

editing a 8.5/10

so overall a 7/10

but still a nice vid, but a bit boring

It's ok :) HurraTorpedo and myself have been collecting replays for some time, and since I didn't make the movie when I was supposed to, some of the replays are quite old now. And the movie wasn't to be all about stunts, but also fun bugs etc.. =)

The next movie will most likely be alot more exciting when it comes to the skill level of both stunts and editing =)

oh yeah - could you make it so i dont have to make 4 or 5 clicks just to download the file? - thanks =P j/k

and also some support for download managers would be nice as well =P

I would if I could. It's free hosting at own-age.com (filefront), and it's kind of a big file, so I'm just glad they'll have it =) I uploaded it @ planetquake3.net, but I'm not sure they accepted it. It's not alot to click a few times to get the file when it's free hosting. At least it's not required that one register like on FilePlanet/GameSpy.

Ok the file is up on TGA now... heres the link:

http://www.thegamersalliance.com/php/mo ... ery=Galore

About the video: nice editing, nice music, to many stunts, although some were very good.

to help your vid from being so long in the future here are a few tips...

~ Is the stunt just a jump over a gap? leave it out, get another one with some rotation or something to make it intresting

~ have you had another stunt at this location? only have about 2 stunts from the same location, pick the best and stick with them.

~ choose only your VERY best stunts, it makes your video better as a whole and people will remember your skill.

Overall a good vid

~ Bloody

I could. But now it's getting there in one piece, which is preferable.

not for us :(

!

Below follow the 10 biggest in filesize stunt vids hosted @ TGA:

Grand Theft Auto Galore [netrex], 326MB

Ride'em, Tommy! [wooolf] 158MB

Voodoo People [OLD_NICK] 141MB

SIN: Act 2 [:ampt:], 179MB

SIN: Act 1 [:ampt:], 122MB

The AMPT Stunt Reel [:ampt:], 102MB

Gang Warz Part1 [TmM_MaDMike], 92MB

Sorry [:ampt:], 90MB

SM Stunt Reel [sM] 82MB

Stant Mania v.4 [_LBrtw_] 80MB

Need I say more?

not for us :(

I don't mean to be rude here, but I don't create movies for others. I create it for my self, and I post it so others who might wanna see it can. If I ever do make a movie for someone else, they will deside how bit it should be, not me. And I rather have it look good and take a while to download, than a 10 min download and it looks like shit.

Ahhh but you're sorely mistaken there netrex. See everything above a 1800-1900 bitrate is just pointless stuffing; excess megs for others to download since you can't really tell the image is any better visually. Encoding it @ 2356kbps was simply outrageous. BTW I've got about a hundred movies in AVI format and 40-50 misc other vids in my comp and on CDs; none has a bitrate even close to that and many of them are excellent quality.

Saying that you made the video for yourself and you don't care much about what others think is simply not true, cause you decided to release it. No one twisted your arm about it, you did it on your own. If you had kept it on your HDD nobody would care if it was 300MB or 3GB or whatever and you could be wathing it at a nice full blown desktop reso of 1024x768 @ 60fps and 4000kbps for all we'd know. Hell you could've even left it in RGB format to savor every pixel of every frame of your outstanding work; we wouldn't give a nickel.

But when you want and expect ppl to download it - cause obviously you did: you made a thread about it, you uploaded it on 2 servs, you gave ppl the links and told them to "enjoy" - you have to reduce it to a reasonable filesize for public download. That means ppl with all sorts of cons, ranging from T1 to a lousy 56k dialup and not always capable of staying online for many hours. It's just how things are and you're gonna have to accept it and work that way whether you like it or not, if you want ppl to keep checkin out your movies. Sad but true...

Now except for the size issue, GTA Galore's a pretty long drawn vid, with the occational funny mishap (like that infernus pole impalement!) in a sea of average and diffident stunts where only a couple manage to stand out and stay afloat, like the triple infernus spin at 11:23 and the 1703 car bump PCJ rotation at 15:10. Problem is by the time those come up, most viewers' senses have probly been too dulled from everything else to notice. The complementary dozen stoppies don't do much good to the whole package either if I may say so and ppl are left with the mildest of impressions in the end, although it's obvious the ammount of work that's gone to it as well as your editing skills and ability to use advanced tools is exceptional. Music was so and so too (I mean c'mon GTA commercials, LIPS 106 music, Apollo 440 and Fernando Martinez? Give ppl some nice beats to love you for!) :/. Overall you end up with a vid that's fun to watch once but probly not with much of a replay value.

Anyway, try to be a bit more picky when it comes to deciding which clips get in and which should stay out in the future. You should also seriously consider doing the editing for other ppl's vids that have the caps, but not the time (or skill) in their hands to put them together nicely, cause I'm sure your skills could only help the end result. Insert wasted potential and such lectures here :P...

K I'm done, take care now.

Below follow the 10 biggest in filesize stunt vids hosted @ TGA:

Grand Theft Auto Galore [netrex], 326MB

Ride'em, Tommy! [wooolf] 158MB

Voodoo People [OLD_NICK] 141MB

SIN: Act 2 [:ampt:], 179MB

SIN: Act 1 [:ampt:], 122MB

The AMPT Stunt Reel [:ampt:], 102MB

Gang Warz Part1 [TmM_MaDMike], 92MB

Sorry [:ampt:], 90MB

SM Stunt Reel [sM] 82MB

Stant Mania v.4 [_LBrtw_] 80MB

Need I say more?

http://www.somepirates.net/thx4info.jpg

And to your second post:

On the filesize: I did 5 different sizes, and this is the optimal for the visual quality I want. Maybe you need a better monitor if you don't see the difference at lower bitrates. And people do actually download my movies. If they don't, it's certainly not the filesize that scares them away.

On the music. The intro/outro are the funnitest commercials IMO of the GTAVC 7CD soundtrack, and I wanted them in the movie. The GTA Rap is awsome and I listen to it very often. The other music is a matter of tast, and it's quite excellent. The Hives and The Mormones are two of my favorite bands (among others). I'm very well aware of that good music isn't necessary good movie music, but the music I chose for this movie is music I really love, and it's fast. And yes, lots of people who have watched it do love the music. I repeat: It's a matter of taste!

Ok. I lied. I didn't make the movie only for me. I made it for me, _and_ my friends who also were in the movie. I uploaded it so other could watch also. And I did say enjoy, cause, of course I hope they enjoy it if they download it. But that doesn't mean I made it for them or _really_ care what they think. If they don't like it, ok, if they do, that ok also.

And if you download other gaming movies fromanything than the ones posted in this forum you might see that there are quite a few movies with a high bitrate out there. I have almost 1500 gaming movies in my collection, so I do know what I'm talking about.

Lol love that pic, thx for posting it (y).

And yeah maybe I need a better monitor, OR...

... bear with me now, it's really important...

... you need to stop watching your movies with a fucking magnifying glass. Ever though of that?

Optimal visual quality my ass. You're gonna make me re-encode and upload 150 megs just to show you there's no difference.

Anyway obviously you still can't see past your stubbornness or realize you fucked up in that department. Seems like common sense isn't all that common lately :roll:...

And I really got a kick outta you first telling me that the music deal is a matter of taste and then claiming it was good, because you liked it. So which one is it? Was it really good, or did you just like it? Lol @ finding the Knife After Dark ad funny though; now that's funny.

One last thing just to set the record straight. I like to think of myself as a patient and persistant person. Up to 15 days ago I was a 56ker and it'd been that way for I dunno... forever. Still it never stoppped me from downloading around 1.5 Gigs of VC stunt vids as well as another 300megs of movies from other games since the time I got interested in that sorta thing. All that time, I've never - I repeat NEVER - come across even one clip with a bitrate higher than 2000, when many of them looked crystal clear. I can't give you an exact number but I think for every vid I've kept, there're probly 2 more I didn't and I still have about 50 in my collection now. On top of that I've re-encoded and fiddled with dozens of other vids from TV series to anything else to fit them in CDs for friends and myself. You do the math and tell me if what I've seen is enough. Or do I need to get another 900 to have a right to debate with an astute authority in the field such as yourself? Please...

You wanna keep making 2300kbps movies with half a CD's filesize, fine by me. Just don't argue that it's the quality or even sane thing to do. Ask anybody.