Class setup very wrong...

Guest Meth Rage

So sailors and cops being the two gayest classes get obvious advantages over all other class. Sailors get regenerating health and cops get body armor which no other classes can get, none of the other classes seem to get anything to make up for these advantages. The cop and sailor weapons don't seem to be any worst then the other classes either. I personally would never be a cop or sailor due to deep disliking of them, but why do you give them advantages over the other classes? It wouldn't surprise me if next you port over the ymca construction workers from gta3 and give them inf ammo or some other obvious advantage. :shock:

Note: This post isnt trying to be antigay or anything, I just don't think they should get an advantage. :cry:

I can see that cops and sailors have an advantage in defense, but they don't seem to have a disadvantage in offense. The mexicans machine gun is pretty good, but still doesn't seem to be as good as the armor and health regen. Then the crusader, robber, and racer don't seem special in offense.

yea, i pretty much agree. but sailors have the ultimate advantage, their health will always go up. if i run out of armor it wont go up automatically, ill have to go look for more. so the cops advantage is temporary, while the sailors have a permanent one.

weapons distribution is kinda odd, but the good thing about that is, its possible to kill your opponent and take their weapon.

it is not however, possible to kill an opponent and take their armor or infinite health.

Honestly, either give everyone the ability to have the health / armor, or give it to no-one, but the current setup is complete ass.

Sailors health regens back so slowly that it doesn't usually help them, and everyone can replenish health by the pickups. I know, it's not the same thing, but the help sailors get during a firefight by the regening health is minimal.

Cops have much worse weapons, and their armor doesn't replenish, as stated before.

Are these 2 really the most overpowered classes?

Are these 2 really the most overpowered classes?

defensively, yes. even though the sailors health doesnt regen very fast, it still does so nonetheless, so while everyone else is running around looking for health, they can just hide and let it build up slowly, which also promotes camping. and dont forget, as minimal as it may be, there's also only one point of health between life and death :wink:

the problem i have with cops and armor, is that ONLY cops get armor. i dont want regenerating health at all, i think its weak, and i think everyone should get the armor.

guns i covered, anyone can get any gun in the game, simply by killing somebody who has it, unlike the above mentioned health/armor advantages.

Dont u c????

Robber - Stubby + most veichles

Sailor - Health

Cops - Armour

Mex - Most powerful weapons

Crusader - Most weapons

Biker - Have bikes right by them ( quite crap, i know)

^^ Look. Just incase u didnt c ^^Look. I repeat ^^Look

U cant just post to change mta and think every1 agrees. In another thread sum1 was complaining about that mex spawn was 'too good'. you could have done the least found a couple of ppl who agree, cause personnaly, i think ur wrong. and i reckon most other ppl think ur wrong. from what i c(what I i dont care if u think im wrong) the mexican and maybe robber spawn are most popular, and i dont c many sailors at all.

1 more thing: Stop bloody complaining about sailors advantage and USE them. See if u get 300 kills without dying.

ashdexx: i c where ur comin from but sailors do start off with pretty much shit weapons, so most other spawns can take em out easy. this doesnt level it out completely, but i reckon its ok.

ps by the looks of it, the next mta will have new spawns anyway (im not sure, just gessing from screeinies :wink: )

Robber - Stubby + most veichles

I just have to correct you on this since your wrong about the vehicles part, , robbers have 3 cars +1 chopper (+1 bike if you want to count the studio one)so that woud be 5 .Racers however have 3 bikes+ 4 hotring racers+4 bloodring bangers so that woud be 11Thats one of the main reasons the racers dont have more/better guns they have to best ANDFastest vehicles.That is suppose to balance things out, but i ( and lots of others) dont think it does help .Common give them atleast one more weapon (if racer is coming back next version) a shotgun maybe? (spaz?) or a givethem the crusader assualt rifle?( just some toughts)

Hey sucka, get an army of sailors and cops to go against my M60 (Mexican) or my Stubby (Robber) and see who gets smoked.

OR

Take an army of 5 Cops and 5 Sailors V.S. 5 Mexicans and 5 Robbers.

Mexicans/Robbers win.

Although the Offensive Mex/Robber does require skill in actually using the weapons. No newbie can just play as a Mex/Robber and expect to own.

But it all depends on what you perfer: Offensive or Defensive. It seems, though, 90% of MTA is Offensive...

You all seem to be missing the really obvious point, hes a Racer. ie not a fighter, introduced in 0.2, (before we had the stunt servers), for those who wished to drive and stunt rather than get involved in combat. Thier weapons are merely so they arent totally defenceless. I never fire upon a racer unless they shoot first, do you? This will be a mute point soon anyway as racers are no longer in 0.4 (you heard it here first)

You all seem to be missing the really obvious point, hes a Racer. ie not a fighter, introduced in 0.2, (before we had the stunt servers), for those who wished to drive and stunt rather than get involved in combat. Thier weapons are merely so they arent totally defenceless. I never fire upon a racer unless they shoot first, do you? This will be a mute point soon anyway as racers are no longer in 0.4 (you heard it here first)

what? :shock:

I attack everyone and the Racer while not a very powerful character at the start can pick up any weapon and is a combatant. If there wasn't a stunt side this would be a source of arguments but as it stands mainly new ppl pick the racer and they attack with thier weapons too.

I was sure the racer would change or go away in the next version. I was saying that having stubby toting players at the stadium would be interesting.

I think the characters as they stand are unbalanced but I don't think that is an issue since you are not forced to be any one character. You are free to choose whoever you want. Good players can pick any character and still kill ppl. Once they kill the first one they have new weapons

by the way, in the manual(or at least 1 of the version manuals) it says that robber get lots of veichles.

ps by the looks of it, the next mta will have new spawns anyway (im not sure, just gessing from screeinies :wink: )

hehehehe

My Issue with the Sailors is the boat is so damned protected that they spawn on. They basicly never fall victum to a helicopter strafing their spawn point, and unlike the robbers and mexican spawn's they have alot of objects blocking a clean blade path. Other then that pet peeve sailors can be hunted down manhunt style and be executed trying to regain their precious health.

• 2 weeks later...

I myself primarily use the sailor, not because of the regen but because of his equipment, I've bested mexicans and robbers with them but in the end, that regen does crap if you get knocked down by the stubby or M60. :wink: I dunno if it's just me or not, but it seems the more damage a sailor takes, the slower his regen works. Not that I'm defending the whole regen thing, I wouldn't miss it cuz it's no help, and armour for none or all would be pretty sweet, it balances the cop though cuz he only starts with a tonfa, pistol and shotgun, which is about half as strong as a stubby and half the range of a python, there's less chance of you being knocked down by it too (trust me, I've been on the wrong end of the barrel enough to attest to this).

So, in summary, the Village People can kick ass and have their asses kicked :D

the sailors healing ability does not help in combat at all. it does help in other ways though. i like the healing ability because it saves me from having to get health just because i fell or bailed from a car.

and whoever said sailor healing leads to hiding and camping, do you even play mta? are you aware that there is a radar which makes hiding impossible? as for camping, there are very few spots that can be camped in mta. i wont bother to list them for you guys, but i will just say this: stand still in mta, and youre dead. keep moving and you keep living.

True about moving and camping but sailors regen does help in the game

If he is hit and low on health he can just run by the time he is caught he can take some shots

I would like health regen go away so that any health increase can be judged as cheating if no health spots are around