I need help for my MTA server!

Phoenixx

• Discord Moderators

As far as I know, MTA broadcasts to the Internet by default, it can only turn off LAN service.

If is set to 1 in your mtaserver.conf file, the port test tool reports that all of your ports are open and yet no one is able to connect to your server, please:

Post your IP address and port for MTA (or PM).

Attach information (router brand/model and OS).

I'm also a little bit confused about your question. Can players connect to your server manually? Or is it not showing in the server browser?

• Discord Moderators

The IP address you supplied is your LAN (Local area network) address.

It's the network that exists between you and your home router, and this address is used, in your home network, to identify you to your router. It's only unique and usable in this scenario.

Outwards, is the WAN (Wide area network). This is the network that we're all connected to. Similar to LAN, an IP address is once again used to identify you. However this address identifies your "house", and isn't by default inbound to your PC, unless you've configured it so. As to why you open ports, to direct traffic on a protocol on a port, to a specific computer.

You can retrieve your "public" IP address using a site like whatismyipaddress.com.

Give this address to the people who wish to connect.

• Discord Moderators

Whichever address you connect to - your LAN or public - doesn't matter.

Remote players (your friends & the world) can only connect to your public address.

Short answer: Yes!

• Discord Moderators

You can get the original files here or on Google Code.

You might want to read some of the bits from the Server Manual on the wiki.

local.conf and editor.conf is only used for the map editor and host game options from the main menu.

To keep it simple, use mtaserver.conf and host a game using mtaserver.exe from the server folder.

The tag should not be used. Leave it blank.

Okay you helped me very much!

But just 1 more question :)

My ports... I go to "My Network Places" and i open ports on Local Area Connection ?

Then I Go to Virtual Servers on my 192.168.1.1 and in there i open ports too .

Is this done right?

When i type "openports" in console it says that all are open

[on main . it's only needed that it says ports are open]?

• 9 months later...

guys i want help i cant show my server in internet and i when i open the link what is my ip adress it is 217.55.44.66 and i put it in and when i open mtaserver he said eror so plz what i do plz answer :?:?:?:?:?:?:?::?::|:| or add me in skype mohamedmedhat64 plz answer fast and my router:HG532e

• 2 weeks later...
guys i want help i cant show my server in internet and i when i open the link what is my ip adress it is 217.55.44.66 and i put it in and when i open mtaserver he said eror so plz what i do plz answer :?:?:?:?:?:?:?::?::|:| or add me in skype mohamedmedhat64 plz answer fast and my router:HG532e

Leave blank, the server will find that info automatically in most cases. Secondly you need to port forward your server from your router. See this: http://portforward.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...