2 players on same network in 1 server......

Heya fellaz.....

I just wanted to throw this in the open as i cant figure it out yet and wanted to know if anyone else on the 1 network experience this issue..

OK my brother and i play MTA in same server sometimes and we live under same roof, so ofcourse our comps are thru same network..

Thing is when we both join the "same" server, our pings start to sky-rocket settling at 1000ms usually, and as soon as the other leaves, the ping drops a nice 800ms or so.... I dont get it so far does anyone else experience this or have some opinions??

Ofcourse i dont think its anything to do with how my network is set up as we both join the very same server in number of diferent games such as UT, CS and our pings both stay double digits and stable..

If no one elses experiences this and play under same situation as me, then ill obviously know its my side which will make things more confusing:(

thanx all

It sounds like a "Ping Bug" what i experience my self . Theres no way your ping can be 1000 if your on the same network . I Notioced that this only happens when 2 of my computers enter the same server . The ping goes up to 1000 and gets stuck there , first time i saw this . i was freaked out . thinking something happened to the router or something . But i noticed that ingame . the characters move MUCH more perfectly than online (cause your on lan) I wish they could fix this in the next version ...

But my advice to you is dont worrie about the ping . if you are in the same network and have a good router , your ping will be from 5to20 ,

so just forget about the ping and PLAY MTA :D

I think the way the ping is calculated on MTA is dodgy, as it is possible to get a 6000 ping, even with an OK connection... There are also the occasional problem with negative pings, for users with very high pings...

eAi

thx for reply UtopiA....

well that pretty much says the problems on my side.... which makes it wierder :(

ive never tried lanning on mta with my other 2 comps on network, but i just dont get it.. when we join same servers for online play on other games, it works fine. ill fool around with few things see what happens..

Utopia do u run firewalls on the comps and still play online together normaly?

thx