Characters balanced ?

why is it,

that the 'good' people always spawn as robbers ?

Can i assume that the robbers have an advantage over, say, a mexican ?

I just get really p!ssed that there are always *some* people who manage to kill me with ONE shot...while it is very rare that i can kill people with one shot for msyelf. Even if people get hit and even if a have a shotgun and shoot them ?

I am just wondering how balanced the chars actually are with their advantages/disadvantages......if they were all more or less the same...why are all the clan-people robbers ?

we vck like to play with the rule of not spawning twice in a row as the same character in regular dm. but yes, the occasional robber spawn war breaks out, and it is fun,

the robers have an advantage in close combat, but their weapons are innefective at long range.

the mexicans have the long range advantage, but someone who knows how can easily dodge the bullets and get close

the vigilante has rapid fire up the wazoo, so he is very effective against laggers.

the sailer has a mutant healing factor

the cops have armor, allowing them to take 50% more damage than the rest

the racer sucks. (good spawn vehicles?)

we vck like to play with the rule of not spawning twice in a row as the same character in regular dm. but yes, the occasional robber spawn war breaks out, and it is fun,

the robers have an advantage in close combat, but their weapons are innefective at long range.

the mexicans have the long range advantage, but someone who knows how can easily dodge the bullets and get close

the vigilante has rapid fire up the wazoo, so he is very effective against laggers.

the sailer has a mutant healing factor

the cops have armor, allowing them to take 50% more damage than the rest

the racer sucks. (good spawn vehicles?)

LOL i agree.

I think the Cop and the Sailor are good characters to pick, im usually always one of them, or i choose the mexican if i want to start a war in the airport :P im the best with the m60 so i love getting that gun early. M4 is really good too plus the fact of the quote "Mutant healing" powers LOL (nice, that made me laugh) i agree on the fact the racer is a goof character but he DOES have good spawn vehicles, PCJ's, Hotring, Bloodring etc... and if you get the guy in the red shirt (LOL) he looks cooler and all you have to do is find some decent weapons for him!! :P

i wonder what the female character would have differently eh Lara? erm. maybe a magic frying pan? i think it would be cool if you went into the hotel and into the room, and when you stand on the bed it heals you or something like that, but i love the regen factor with the gay sailor LOL even though hes a gay sailor with knee-highs, and you just wanna jump through the screen and put a 9 to his head ....lol....anyways :lol:

Lara, just kiddin bout that fryin pan bizz...lol you know tha deal baby, lol remember the backseat incident in my rancher? :P:P:P

the only person I can't use is the racer...and when you get his shirtless skin...his skin flaps in the air ::puke:: anyhow, They are all about as balanced as they can be for now, perhaps when secondary fire becomes synced, they might have to reorganize the groups/weapons

robber overpowering mexican?? lol

it's not hard at all, in fact its easier to kill a mexican as a robber than it is to kill a robber as a mexican

Sailors are ok otherwise, but the overly faggish skin is the #1 reason I don't play with them (If they'd just change it...)

wow, yer insecure

dont care what they do to the characters, as long as there is one with an m4, grenades and a mutant healing ability

NO! NO healing ability for anyone! ever!

fuck i hate that.

know what would be sweet though? let us (admin) edit the teams to our own liking...

dont care what they do to the characters, as long as there is one with an m4, grenades and a mutant healing ability

NO! NO healing ability for anyone! ever!

:o i hate that.

know what would be sweet though? let us (admin) edit the teams to our own liking...

It would be helpful if the sailor couldn't regen health. I like that he can he is a good character once he gets a shotty and some M60 he is king, but. If noone could regen heath then any gain in health would be a cheater. As it stands I think some health cheats use or claim to use the sailor to hide the cheat.

As I said before and again, the robber-jumping glitch is why. They probably did not even think of it during production.

A high fire rate + moving quickly after every shot + A weapon that knocks you down after hit, then kills you or just flat off kills you = the weapon of the pros.

Solution? Maybe extra spawns to cut down on the robber wars and make people tired of robber because they don't know where they are spawning.

When they improve or fix the aim the classes will become more blanced. right now the robber is played most because of (that glich) and well the stubby's aim for the most part is dead on. On the other hand it's the aim iusses/lag that makes that long range guns a little harder to use.

If MTA was more like single player when the stubby knocked you down they would beable to kill you right on the ground. if it was like that the shot guns would almost have to taken right out of the game for blance anyways.

the sailor is over all the best class. why? why not!

whenever I feel the teasm are unbalanced... I find another game to play, then whenever I find out one of their weapons are unlbalanced I change game again

I have run out of games to play now.

HINT HINT (read that again and add a sarcastic tone to it if you didnt get it.)

I like the Sailors primary weapon (M4?). It's got a good fire rate and can easly over power to Mexi's gun (no idea) if you know what your doing.

Well the M4 is a fantastic gun, the M60 easily pwns the M4 due to its damage rate of (130? 140?) usually if one bullet taps you your either dead? or your just waitin to die. A little trick I use with m60 that makes ME so good with it, dont aim at the guy while hes runnin....instead watch the bullet trails and line the trails up with the enemy, works every time 8) (note: this works for M4 as well, except M60 causes more damage, also the SMG's too)

hmmm....to answer my own questios i play(ed) as robber right now - and actually it's hard to say whether the robber has an advantage over mexican or not...

I have to say i THINK that killing is easier with the robber...stubby twice is almost always certain death.....(some people even mentioning it's "cheap" :) on the other hand i love the mexi gun because of its long range. The different chars just need different fighting strategies...mexican better avoid robber in short range and tries to take'em out from the distance. 98% of all robbers shoot you once..and then again when you get up....and as a mexi you have to fight/target much longer..which of course gives the robber more time to shoot you and once you're shot...ehrm...you get the idea :)

Lara, why havent you been returning my sexually harassing mail? :lol:

but yea i agree the robber is cheap, thats why all of ULK chooses the robber, all you have to do is figure out the glitch with the robber, which i cant seem to do, i shoot the guy he goes down and when i think im waiting for him to get up, he really didnt even get shot down instead im eating HIS buckshots,

thats why its cheap. GAY is more along the lines of what im lookin at,

there is no glitch with the robber. its simply watching what the other player does and react accordingly. there is no robber glitch to put it simply

The classes' setup was originally designed for teamplay. Cops vs Robbers; Mexicans vs Sailors; Crusaders - free for all 'kill anything'; The Racers are just that, they only have weapons for 'self defense' or fun, whatever. Later we made a stunt/race scm, making the racer obsolete in the scenario.

the cops/robbers are equal. but i have to question the sanity of saying the mex doesnt have an instant advantage over the sailer. give the sailers molys, and the mexs nades. thats my little suggestion

After having been passive regarding the flaming of ulk these past days

I was just reading this

... i agree the robber is cheap... thats why all of ULK chooses the robber...
... figure out the glitch with the robber, which i cant seem to do,

thats why its cheap

and decided to show how I see the "arguments":

What´s the point here ? The stubby is cheap because you do not master it. What´s your suggestion ? From this day on the weapons you can´t handle shall be know as cheap ? Well... tell you what, if don´t like driving we will all start walking around the city.

As I said before and again, the robber-jumping glitch is why. They probably did not even think of it during production.

A high fire rate + moving quickly after every shot + A weapon that knocks you down after hit, then kills you or just flat off kills you = the weapon of the pros..

I agree with Deathb here

there is no glitch with the robber. its simply watching what the other player does and react accordingly. there is no robber glitch to put it simply

The jumping, that Ransom is calling a glitch that makes the robber so powerful, is a liability as far as I am concerned. I never jump when I fight and I do very well at killing ppl with the robber. When I see a person jumping I have an easier time hitting them. They may glitch a shot or not get knocked down as easy but I kill jumpers easier than I kill runners.

Well I agree that the robber and policeman are pretty much euqal... both have a shotty of sorts, both have a batting weapon and a pistol. The robber has armour, but the robber has that extra edge on the shotty, so thats pretty fair. I also agree that its easier to kill jumpers than runners when they r both robbers. I usually find they spend so much time concentrating on jumping u can confuse the hell out of em by running real close and then if ure a crack shot u can knock them down to red usually in 1 shot. Runners are harder to predict I find.

As for the Sailor mex thing, personally I have a technique for killing with the m60, which i developed back in 0.1 when u had no idea what the other persons health was. This may not have been as user friendly back then but it did teach u how to use the guns. So if im a mex and i see a sailor, 9/10 times ill kill them, sometimes they do get a shot in though, and once they are hitting u ure health goes down i think 8hp per bullet, but the bullets are much more rapid than m60 so ure health goes down from 100 to 0 in about 5secs or so. The m60 isnt as rapid but much more deadly, 43 health lost per shot making it only necessary to hit them 3 times, which isnt too hard.

Finally I think the robber vs mex has to go to the robber. Once u know how to avoid m60 bullets its so easy to run right up to them while they r shooting u (and hence standing still) and blow them away in 1 shot. The killing with 1 shot of the stubby is pretty easy once u get used to it. And vice versa its quite hard to hit a robber who is close to u trying to knowck u down with a stubby. I think thats probably cos it takes longer to start fireing with the m60. U have to stop then raise ure gun and then aim and shoot. The stubby is much easier to jump and move on in no time at all, so when ure standing there with ure m60 trying to pot shot him he has already knocked u down.

As for the characters being even or whatever... i think that quite good that they arnt totally even personally. I quite liek the idea of a challenge sometimes, so ill go as phil and try and take on a bunch of mexes. Can be fun :)

cheers